PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming To Hit Northeast This Weekend

red states rule
10-28-2011, 05:29 AM
This can't be happening this early in the season. It's not even November yet!!!

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE... RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... POTENTIAL FOR FIVE OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1500 FEET.
* TIMING... PRECIPITATION WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY. THE HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION WILL BE SATURDAY MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON. HIGHS SATURDAY WILL RANGE FROM THE LOWER 30S ALONG THE RIDGE TOPS TO NEAR 40 IN THE VALLEYS.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USMD0195?phenomena=WS&significance=A&areaid=MDZ003&office=KLWX&etn=0006

CSM
10-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Yep; it started last night with a bit of snow (just a dusting). I am so not ready for this.

KarlMarx
10-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Yes,we may get 1 to 2 inches of global-warming tomorrow.

I have to buy a global-warming-blower sometime soon. Last season, we got hit with lots of global-warming, the heavy kind and in 3 to 4 foot drifts. I have a single stage global-warming blower but it just doesn't do the job. I'm probably going to buy a 26-30 inch wide double stage global-warming blower... the only question is which brand. I've heard Ariens is a good brand, but our Home Depot, which carries the brand, got flooded in September and hasn't opened yet. I may have to consider a Craftsman global-warming blower.

BTW... my technical lead lives in Denver, Colorado, they got hit with 4 inches of heavy wet global-warming the other day. He lost his power and wasn't able to make some meetings.

darin
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, I'm pissed off again. Yet ANOTHER great storm that misses MY life because (theWeather)God(s) hate(s) me. :(

red states rule
10-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I had signed up to work OT today, but to avoid the snow I worked a 13.5 hour shift yesterday and staying home today

Glad I did. The weather will not be good later today

WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING... * PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING... HEAVY SNOW WILL FALL THIS MORNING THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. THE ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL END BY MID AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... HEAVY WET SNOW WILL LIKELY ACCUMULATE ON TREES. WITH FOLIAGE STILL ON TREES... THE SNOW MAY LEAD TO BROKEN TREE LIMBS AND POWER OUTAGES. HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ON SNOW-COVERED ROADS IS ALSO POSSIBLE.
* TEMPERATURES... IN THE MID 30S.
* WINDS... NORTH 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
BE READY FOR POWER OUTAGES AND SIGNIFICANT TRAVEL DISRUPTIONS.

Damn global waming is already a PITA and it is not even November yet

DragonStryk72
10-29-2011, 07:14 PM
This can't be happening this early in the season. It's not even November yet!!!

Not according to the snow on my lawn here in Albany

red states rule
10-30-2011, 04:54 AM
Not according to the snow on my lawn here in Albany

Yea, looking at the snow outside itis happening. It is all over now, but thousands lost power.

I was lucky - no problems at all

Ended up with about 7 to 8 in of snow

KarlMarx
10-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Yea, looking at the snow outside itis happening. It is all over now, but thousands lost power.

I was lucky - no problems at all

Ended up with about 7 to 8 in of snow

My g/f's kids in Connecticut lost power last night, too. They got 6-12 inches of snow. It's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling this winter's going to be a whopper.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 07:39 AM
My g/f's kids in Connecticut lost power last night, too. They got 6-12 inches of snow. It's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling this winter's going to be a whopper.

I have to agree with you Karl. I suspect this will be a lousy cold and snowy winter.

So far thousands are stlil without power and it is freezing outside. The weight of the snow and leaves on the trees are cauing them to take down power lines

It is a huge mess

red states rule
11-04-2011, 03:10 AM
It took a few days but the liberal media is doing what I thought they would do

The snow storm that hit the East coast last weekend was because of - shock - global warming!!!

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/107146" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

CSM
11-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Well those global warming folks should all come to my house and sit in the living room; at least the body heat would keep the place warm. Almost a week without power now. Hopefully it gets fixed today.

red states rule
11-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Well those global warming folks should all come to my house and sit in the living room; at least the body heat would keep the place warm. Almost a week without power now. Hopefully it gets fixed today.

I do hope things are better for you now CSM.

CSM
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Power is back as of Saturday. I am a much happier guy.

red states rule
11-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Power is back as of Saturday. I am a much happier guy.

Great! I heard there are still thousands without power and my heart goes to them given the freezing temps at night