PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have advice on these bikes?

Jeff
10-28-2011, 03:57 PM
I am looking at 2 different bikes a 06 VTX 1300R Honda with 11500 miles on it and quite a few extras on it, the main one being a seat the man paid over $900 for, it has memory foam in it and is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden , the only down side of the bike is it has no saddle bags and has a carburetor

The other bike is a 06 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 with 49000 miles on it, it has extras on it as well and also has hard bags on it, and it is fuel injected

If the mileage was closer I would probably pick the Kawasaki cause of the FI

The Kelly Blue bike has the Honda valued higher for trade in and retail

My question is do ya believe the FI is worth that much more to give up on the mileage and comfort ?

Also the guy that has the Honda backed into my truck while I was there so he dropped $ 1500 on the price and is fixing the scratch ( well his INS is )
So that means that bike is now $600 cheaper than the Kawasaki but I am sure I can get the other guy to drop his price a few bucks also being the time of year and all

Anyone that has experience with either of these bikes or just has a opinion I would appreciate it

Thanks
Jeff

jimnyc
10-28-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't know shit about bikes. Need some pictures! LOL

Let me see if I can find a couple of stock ones for you...

jimnyc
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Honda:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2006models/2006-Honda-VTX1300Rc-small.jpg

Kawasaki:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2006models/2006-Kawasaki-Vulcan1500ClassicAnniversarye-small.jpg

jimnyc
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
If those pics are accurate, I like the Kawi better, don't like the rear fender on the honda, too thick!

Jeff
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know shit about bikes. Need some pictures! LOL

Let me see if I can find a couple of stock ones for you...

Bad enough I cant make my mind up Jim I didn't want to post pics of the one I am thinking on only to have to re post cause I changed my mind :laugh2: I wont probably know till I am riding on 285 heading to the house

Jeff
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
If those pics are accurate, I like the Kawi better, don't like the rear fender on the honda, too thick!

One I put the bags on all you will see is the chrome at the bottom of the fender

Gunny
10-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I am looking at 2 different bikes a 06 VTX 1300R Honda with 11500 miles on it and quite a few extras on it, the main one being a seat the man paid over $900 for, it has memory foam in it and is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden , the only down side of the bike is it has no saddle bags and has a carburetor

The other bike is a 06 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 with 49000 miles on it, it has extras on it as well and also has hard bags on it, and it is fuel injected

My question is do ya believe the FI is worth that much more to give up on the mileage and comfort ?

Also the guy that has the Honda backed into my truck while I was there so he dropped $ 1500 on the price and is fixing the scratch ( well his INS is )
So that means that bike is now $600 cheaper than the Kawasaki but I am sure I can get the other guy to drop his price a few bucks also being the time of year and all

Anyone that has experience with either of these bikes or just has a opinion I would appreciate it

Thanks
Jeff

I would kill myself on either within a week. Hence, no bike for Gunny.:smoke:

jimnyc
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
One I put the bags on all you will see is the chrome at the bottom of the fender

I do like the look of the Honda better, just the fender irritated me. Sounds like this one is in better shape too. Your money though!

I would kill myself on either within a week. Hence, no bike for Gunny.:smoke:

Me too, but for me just because I'm an idiot. You would probably be too aggressive and wipe out where I would be staring at a chicks boobs walking down the road as I hit a parked car.

darin
10-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Go for the FI. Much less finicky.

fj1200
10-28-2011, 05:51 PM

49 thousand miles?!? :eek: I'd take the Honda. There's plenty of carbed bikes out there, why worry if you're going to keep up with the maintenance. And saddle bags are easy to find.

You could check out a forum for either bike to see if there are any issues that pop up. But I'm not a cruiser guy so good luck.

I wont probably know till I am riding on 285 heading to the house

I didn't think you lived that close to Atlanta.

Jeff
10-28-2011, 10:36 PM
49 thousand miles?!? :eek: I'd take the Honda. There's plenty of carbed bikes out there, why worry if you're going to keep up with the maintenance. And saddle bags are easy to find.

You could check out a forum for either bike to see if there are any issues that pop up. But I'm not a cruiser guy so good luck.

I didn't think you lived that close to Atlanta.

I actually live just north of Commerce but the bike is in Mabelton , but man as cold as it is getting tonight I may put it on a trailer :laugh:

Thanks for all the replies I appreciate the advice and will post pictures soon

LuvRPgrl
10-29-2011, 01:27 AM
I actually live just north of Commerce but the bike is in Mabelton , but man as cold as it is getting tonight I may put it on a trailer :laugh:

Thanks for all the replies I appreciate the advice and will post pictures soon HANDS down the seat is the most important item. And replacing carbs is easy.

Jeff
10-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Well thanks again to everyone ,. Darin the FI is exactly what had me thinking but I went with the Honda , the wife and I went for a short ride today and it ran great plenty of power and very comfortable , the seat has the back rest on it for the driver and man is that nice , almost as comfy as sitting in the recliner

Thanks to all again and I will post pics shortly

LuvRPgrl
10-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Well thanks again to everyone ,. Darin the FI is exactly what had me thinking but I went with the Honda , the wife and I went for a short ride today and it ran great plenty of power and very comfortable , the seat has the back rest on it for the driver and man is that nice , almost as comfy as sitting in the recliner

Thanks to all again and I will post pics shortly

yea,, except the recliner doesnt have wifey behind you,,,hmmm, I think

Love Monkey
11-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Everybody that I have ever known that rode a motorcycle eventually got hurt on it. I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have four wheels and could be driven all year long.