PDA

View Full Version : Kafr Qasim Massacre - October 29, 1956.

abso
10-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Kafr Qasim massacre

On October 29, 1956, the Israeli army ordered that all Arab villages near the Jordanian border be placed under a wartime curfew from 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the following day. Any Arab on the streets was to be shot. The order was given to border police units at 3:30 before most of the Arabs from the villages could be notified. Many of them were at work at the time. That morning, Shadmi, who was in charge of the Triangle, received orders to take all precautionary measures to ensure quiet on the Jordanian border. On Shadmi's initiative, the official nightly curfew in the twelve villages under his jurisdiction was changed from the regular hours. Shadmi then gathered all the border patrol battalion commanders under his command, and reportedly ordered them to 'shoot on sight' any villagers violating the curfew. Once the order was given, the commander of one of Shadmi's battalions, Major Shmuel Malinki, who was in charge of the Border Guard unit at the village of Kafr Qasim, asked Shadmi on how to react to those villagers who were unaware of the curfew.

Malinki later testified as follows:

'[Shadmi said] anyone who left his house would be shot. It would be best if on the first night there were 'a few like that' and on the following nights they would be more careful. I asked: in the light of that, I can understand that a guerilla is to be killed but what about the fate of the Arab civilians? And they may come back to the village in the evening from the valley, from settlements or from the fields, and won't know about the curfew in the village - I suppose I am to have sentries at the approaches to the village? To this Col. Issachar replied in crystal clear words, 'I don't want sentimentality and I don't want arrests, there will be no arrests'. I said: 'Even though?'. To that he answered me in Arabic, Allah Yarhamu, which I understood as equivalent to the Hebrew phrase, 'Blessed be the true judge' [said on receiving news of a person's death]'.

Shadmi, however, denied that the matter of the returnees ever came up in his conversation with Malinki.

Malinki issued a similar order to the reserve forces attached to his battalion, shortly before the curfew was enforced: "No inhabitants shall be allowed to leave his home during the curfew. Anyone leaving his home shall be shot; there shall be no arrests."

At 4.30 p.m., the mukhtar (mayor) of Kafr Qasim was informed of the new time. He asked what would happen to the about 400 villagers working outside the village in the fields that were not aware of the new time. An officer assured him that they would be taken care of. When word of the curfew change was sent, most returned immediately, but others did not.

Between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., in nine separate shooting incidents, the platoon led by Lt. Gabriel Dahan that was stationed in Kafr Qasim all together killed nineteen men, six women, ten teenage boys (age 14-17),six girls (age 12-15), and seven young boys (age 8-13), who did not make it home before curfew. One survivor, Jamal Farij, recalls arriving at the entrance to the village in a truck with 28 passengers:-

'We talked to them. We asked if they wanted our identity cards. They didn't. Suddenly one of them said, 'Cut them down' - and they opened fire on us like a flood.'

The many injured were left unattended, and could not be succoured by their families because of the 24 hour curfew. The dead were collected and buried in a mass grave by Arabs, taken for that purpose, from the nearby village of Jaljuliya. When the curfew ended, the wounded were picked up from the streets and trucked to hospitals.

No villagers in other villages under Shadmi's control were shot, because local commanders gave direct orders to disobey Shadmi's and Malinki's orders by holding fire. Also, among the platoons stationed in Kafr Qasim itself, only the one led by Dahan actually opened fire.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafr_Qasim_massacre

Also another article:

The soldiers involved in the incident were sentenced to lengthy prison terms, but all received pardons. The brigade commander was sentenced to pay the symbolic fine of 10 prutot (old Israeli cents).

symbolic fine ??? pardon for everyone ???, that must be a new form of justice that i can't understand yet......

Source:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/president-peres-apologizes-for-kafr-qasem-massacre-of-1956-1.235632

red states rule
10-29-2011, 08:20 AM
One way to avoid taling about the slaughter happening on a daily basis in the name of Allah - talk about something 55 that haooened 55 years ago

You are getting desperate Abso. This is one of your more lame threads

Dilloduck
10-29-2011, 10:03 AM
oh please---we hear about the Holocaust all the time. It's how they do things in the middle east. They all hate.

Abbey Marie
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I'd hardly compare the one-time killing of around 50-75 people, to the systematic extermination of millions. Especially since there is no current crisis in Germany. This 1956 article was brought up solely to further an agenda in the midst of a bad Mid-East climate. In the midst of Arabs thinking they see a change in the West's pro-Israeli attitude.
And that agenda is not peace.

LuvRPgrl
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Kafr Qasim massacre

On October 29, 1956, the Israeli army ordered that all Arab villages near the Jordanian border be placed under a wartime curfew from 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the following day. Any Arab on the streets was to be shot. The order was given to border police units at 3:30 before most of the Arabs from the villages could be notified. Many of them were at work at the time. That morning, Shadmi, who was in charge of the Triangle, received orders to take all precautionary measures to ensure quiet on the Jordanian border. On Shadmi's initiative, the official nightly curfew in the twelve villages under his jurisdiction was changed from the regular hours. Shadmi then gathered all the border patrol battalion commanders under his command, and reportedly ordered them to 'shoot on sight' any villagers violating the curfew. Once the order was given, the commander of one of Shadmi's battalions, Major Shmuel Malinki, who was in charge of the Border Guard unit at the village of Kafr Qasim, asked Shadmi on how to react to those villagers who were unaware of the curfew.

Malinki later testified as follows:

'[Shadmi said] anyone who left his house would be shot. It would be best if on the first night there were 'a few like that' and on the following nights they would be more careful. I asked: in the light of that, I can understand that a guerilla is to be killed but what about the fate of the Arab civilians? And they may come back to the village in the evening from the valley, from settlements or from the fields, and won't know about the curfew in the village - I suppose I am to have sentries at the approaches to the village? To this Col. Issachar replied in crystal clear words, 'I don't want sentimentality and I don't want arrests, there will be no arrests'. I said: 'Even though?'. To that he answered me in Arabic, Allah Yarhamu, which I understood as equivalent to the Hebrew phrase, 'Blessed be the true judge' [said on receiving news of a person's death]'.

Shadmi, however, denied that the matter of the returnees ever came up in his conversation with Malinki.

Malinki issued a similar order to the reserve forces attached to his battalion, shortly before the curfew was enforced: "No inhabitants shall be allowed to leave his home during the curfew. Anyone leaving his home shall be shot; there shall be no arrests."

At 4.30 p.m., the mukhtar (mayor) of Kafr Qasim was informed of the new time. He asked what would happen to the about 400 villagers working outside the village in the fields that were not aware of the new time. An officer assured him that they would be taken care of. When word of the curfew change was sent, most returned immediately, but others did not.

Between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., in nine separate shooting incidents, the platoon led by Lt. Gabriel Dahan that was stationed in Kafr Qasim all together killed nineteen men, six women, ten teenage boys (age 14-17),six girls (age 12-15), and seven young boys (age 8-13), who did not make it home before curfew. One survivor, Jamal Farij, recalls arriving at the entrance to the village in a truck with 28 passengers:-

'We talked to them. We asked if they wanted our identity cards. They didn't. Suddenly one of them said, 'Cut them down' - and they opened fire on us like a flood.'

The many injured were left unattended, and could not be succoured by their families because of the 24 hour curfew. The dead were collected and buried in a mass grave by Arabs, taken for that purpose, from the nearby village of Jaljuliya. When the curfew ended, the wounded were picked up from the streets and trucked to hospitals.

No villagers in other villages under Shadmi's control were shot, because local commanders gave direct orders to disobey Shadmi's and Malinki's orders by holding fire. Also, among the platoons stationed in Kafr Qasim itself, only the one led by Dahan actually opened fire.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafr_Qasim_massacre

Also another article:

symbolic fine ??? pardon for everyone ???, that must be a new form of justice that i can't understand yet......

Source:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/president-peres-apologizes-for-kafr-qasem-massacre-of-1956-1.235632

Did osama bin laden offer reparations to the victims of 9/11 ?

Little-Acorn
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh gwd, here we go again. Arab Jew-haters start screaming about battles that happened fifty-plus years ago (This one was at the start of the Suez Canal War between Britain-France and Egypt, with israel as a minor player, after Egypt nationalized (read: stole) the Suez Canal from the others. Did abso happen to mention that? I didn't bother reading his copy/paste screed) while carefully not mentioning the unprovoked (and usually worse) arab atrocities that happened much more recently.

Does anyone fall for this transparently propagandistic tripe any more?

LuvRPgrl
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh gwd, here we go again. Arab Jew-haters start screaming about battles that happened fifty-plus years ago (This one was at the start of the Suez Canal War between Britain-France and Egypt, with israel as a minor player, after Egypt nationalized (read: stole) the Suez Canal from the others. Did abso happen to mention that? I didn't bother reading his copy/paste screed) while carefully not mentioning the unprovoked (and usually worse) arab atrocities that happened much more recently.

Does anyone fall for this transparently propagandistic tripe any more?

muslims, course they follow a pedophile too, carry out suicide bombings thinking they are gonna get 69 virgins, so they will believe anything.

ConHog
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
muslims, course they follow a pedophile too, carry out suicide bombings thinking they are gonna get 69 virgins, so they will believe anything.

You forgot liberals, who have for some odd reason aligned themselves with the Muzzies in terms of pretending like they are peaceful and we are all hateful.