PDA

View Full Version : why are their voting blocks?

actsnoblemartin
10-29-2011, 03:54 PM
why should their be a hispanic, black, native america, etc etc voting block?

my god everyone has a voting block

why arent we treated as individuals, with different thoughts and feelings?

are we (most americans) really that stupid?

Kathianne
10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
why should their be a hispanic, black, native america, etc etc voting block?

my god everyone has a voting block

why arent we treated as individuals, with different thoughts and feelings?

are we (most americans) really that stupid?

There will always be 'blocs' of voters, not because they 'want to' but because of some common thread. That doesn't mean everyone with that characteristic will be part of the bloc, but sociologists and political scientists can make predictions based on their numbers and activities of the group.

Certainly not all Catholics vote the same, but there are certain commonalities across the board, with exceptions. LOL! See what I mean?

actsnoblemartin
10-30-2011, 01:16 PM
yeah but it shouldnt be based on race or gender

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 03:07 PM
yeah but it shouldnt be based on race or genderReally? :shocked:

Even today, which parent is usually the primary caretaker of the child(ren)? In general which gender makes more money, regardless of full-time or part-time? Which group has the most young people in poverty and incarcerated? Which group has least likely access to an average skilled lawyer or better? Who can get sickle cell anemia? Prostate cancer? Ovarian cancer?

There are many reasons for looking at either race or gender or both. Politics is just one of them.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
When I first read the title of this thread I thought it asked why there were voting blacks. I was gonna suggest someone read the Amendments of the Constitution. :laugh2: