PDA

View Full Version : Peaceful OWS Demonstrator Threatens to Stab Fox 5 Reporter

red states rule
10-30-2011, 12:50 PM
More on how the hippies are not causing any problems and are law abiding citizens

(sarcasm off now)

Just one of those isolated incidents (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/fox-5-news-reporter-assaulted-at-ows-20111028-KC) that shouldn't be used to make the rest of these noble protesters look bad. Besides, this guy works for Faux News, so he's got it coming, right?
A protester, angered by the presence of a news crew inside Zuccotti Park Friday morning, threatened to stab Fox 5 News reporter John Huddy.

What has been an otherwise violence-free period during his six weeks covering the Occupy Wall Street movement, took a turn for John Huddy. He explained what happened during Good Day New York:

"This is somebody I've come across several times for the last few days. He threatened to stab me in the throat with a pen. He ripped the mic out of my hand," said Huddy.

"I have a meeting with Bloomberg," said the incoherent protester. The man was soon arrested by the NYPD

http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2011/10/peaceful-ows-demonstrator-threatens-to.html

DragonStryk72
10-30-2011, 01:57 PM
More on how the hippies are not causing any problems and are law abiding citizens

(sarcasm off now)

[/INDENT]

Jesus, they guys have got to start policing their crazies. I mean, every movement has their crazies, like JWK and his 1789 tax plan, but me and fj make sure to show up and take turns deflating him. This kind of shit is the stuff that kills so many movements.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Jesus, they guys have got to start policing their crazies. I mean, every movement has their crazies, like JWK and his 1789 tax plan, but me and fj make sure to show up and take turns deflating him. This kind of shit is the stuff that kills so many movements.

If they would police the crazies there would no hippies on the street period

Which would be a good thing DS

DragonStryk72
10-30-2011, 02:03 PM
If they would police the crazies there would no hippies on the street period

Which would be a good thing DS

Not true. Regardless of how naive or immature their movement might be, it's still valid to protest when you believe something is wrong. As I said before, I disagree with pretty much every tenant they put forth, and I can't see a reason why I would change that position, but to defend the first amendment, I would die to protect their right.

The sad fact is that most of them don't understand what that sacrifice means.

And they're not hippies.... Hippies at least had good pot.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Not true. Regardless of how naive or immature their movement might be, it's still valid to protest when you believe something is wrong. As I said before, I disagree with pretty much every tenant they put forth, and I can't see a reason why I would change that position, but to defend the first amendment, I would die to protect their right.

I have no issue with them protesting DS. I love to have liberals showing off their child like demands in public. I also enjoy them showing off their lack of basic economics all the time telling us how much smater they are then the rest of us

DragonStryk72
10-30-2011, 02:23 PM
I have no issue with them protesting DS. I love to have liberals showing off their child like demands in public. I also enjoy them showing off their lack of basic economics all the time telling us how much smater they are then the rest of us

And I would defend the ability to have that stance as well. I did however, take blankets and quilts over to the protestors here in Albany last night, when the snow got going, along with one of the big insulated jugs of hot chocolate. One of the girls, who was taking the donations, looked at me and was all smiles, "Thank you so, so much. It's great to see a former sailor supporting the movement." (I wear my old peacoat from boot pretty much everywhere.)

....And after I finished laughing, I explained I was Tea Party, and was just trying to make sure nobody froze to death. I admit to taking a small degree of satisfaction in the dumbfounded expression on her face as I turned and walked away

red states rule
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
And I would defend the ability to have that stance as well. I did however, take blankets and quilts over to the protestors here in Albany last night, when the snow got going, along with one of the big insulated jugs of hot chocolate. One of the girls, who was taking the donations, looked at me and was all smiles, "Thank you so, so much. It's great to see a former sailor supporting the movement." (I wear my old peacoat from boot pretty much everywhere.)

....And after I finished laughing, I explained I was Tea Party, and was just trying to make sure nobody froze to death. I admit to taking a small degree of satisfaction in the dumbfounded expression on her face as I turned and walked away

Is camping out legal? I am glad to see an early winter and snow - it might help sweep the street clean of the hippies

They are costing the taxpayers a huge amonut in clean up costs and lost business for the lcoal stores; and I wil be glad to them gone

Gunny
10-30-2011, 02:45 PM

I disagree. The right to protest does not include impeding on the freedoms of others. Further, these protesters can't cite one thing American that has anything to do with their movement other than being able to run their silly sucks.

I've drawn a line in the past 10 years. I wouldn't die for the right of others to protest the very thing that made us what we are. They need to be shipped to Russia or China.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I disagree. The right to protest does not include impeding on the freedoms of others. Further, these protesters can't cite one thing American that has anything to do with their movement other than being able to run their silly sucks.

I've drawn a line in the past 10 years. I wouldn't die for the right of others to protest the very thing that made us what we are. They need to be shipped to Russia or China.

Or taking a dump on Police cars

The hippies are showing what they want Gunny - more handouts paid for by those of us getting up and going to work everyday

Gunny
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Or taking a dump on Police cars

The hippies are showing what they want Gunny - more handouts paid for by those of us getting up and going to work everyday

I fee nothing but contempt for them. A bunch of whiney shits who think they are entitled to what others have earned.

We're at war. Wonder how many of them are of age to tool on down to the recruiting station. All kinds of jobs available there.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Gonna slightly disagree with you. As long as they are doing so within the law, they have the absolute right to protest no matter what their goals. We of course have the right to make fun of their ridiculous demands.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Gonna slightly disagree with you. As long as they are doing so within the law, they have the absolute right to protest no matter what their goals. We of course have the right to make fun of their ridiculous demands.

That's the whole problem, they aren't doing so 'within the laws.' Nope, there's no permits for taking over parks-day and night. These aren't protests, they are invasions. They are making the downtown areas of many cities less desirable for residents and visitors.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 04:51 PM
The hypocrisy of the government at the local level is clear. They charged another group close to $10k for one day and yes, they held their rally and went home.

Now 'following the laws and paying the piper' does give one the higher ground:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/wtvr-richmond-tea-party-wants-refund-after-seeing-occupy-richmond-protesters-camp-out-for-free-20111026,0,7835310.story

Richmond Tea Party wants refund after seeing Occupy Richmond protesters camp out for free

Tea Party was charged nearly $10,000 to host their demonstration

Sandi Cauley
CBS 6 Executive Producer
11:30 PM EDT, October 26, 2011

RICHMOND, VA (WTVR) - The Richmond Tea Party is asking the city of Richmond for its money back. They say they're not happy to hear that Occupy Richmond protesters get to stay in Kanawha Plaza - for free.

In April, the Richmond Tea Party held a Tax Day Rally in Kanawha Plaza. They say before they could use the city venue they were charged nearly $10,000 and had to comply with a series of usage forms and procedures.

Colleen Owens, a spokesperson for the Tea Party, says it's obvious the Occupy demonstrators are not being held to the same standard. "We followed the rules, we followed the law, we got all the permits, we paid all the fees, we had to jump through all the hoops that they asked us to."

Owens notes that the Tea Party "didn’t complain about it," but that now they're "sitting back and watching these Occupiers in Richmond and they’re basically camped out at Kanawha plaza."

"And they’re not having to pay for the park, they’re not getting permits, they’re not paying for police, they’re not paying for port-o-potties, they’re not paying for emergency personnel," Owens says.

"Everything that we were required to do," she adds.

Owens says the Tea Party hopes to get an invoice into the Mayor's office this week and ask for a refund.

“It’s not fair, the City of Richmond’s picking and choosing whose First Amendment rights trump someone else’s First Amendment rights and we thought--well that’s fine--then they can refund our money," she says.

"If that’s how they’re going to run the city then they owe us our fees back.”

ConHog
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
That's the whole problem, they aren't doing so 'within the laws.' Nope, there's no permits for taking over parks-day and night. These aren't protests, they are invasions. They are making the downtown areas of many cities less desirable for residents and visitors.

I stand by what I said. IF they are following the law, then I have no problem with it. Obviously squatting on public land that you are supposed to get permits for limited use of is not following the law.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
The hypocrisy of the government at the local level is clear. They charged another group close to $10k for one day and yes, they held their rally and went home.

Now 'following the laws and paying the piper' does give one the higher ground:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/wtvr-richmond-tea-party-wants-refund-after-seeing-occupy-richmond-protesters-camp-out-for-free-20111026,0,7835310.story

Good for them. If the Mayor balked, I would sue the city's ass.

Shadow
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Yep...these nut jobs are charming. We just had a stand off here between protesters and police this past week. They were getting violent..fights breaking out...and it was reported on the radio that a couple people were almost stabbed, so the university ordered them off the campus. They refused to go....so of course 80 cops in riot gear were called in to enforce their departure and rgw usual cry babies whined to the press about being maced after altercations with law enforcement... stupid twits.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Yep...these nut jobs are charming. We just had a stand off here between protesters and police this past week. They were getting violent..fights breaking out...and it was reported on the radio that a couple people were almost stabbed, so the university ordered them off the campus. They refused to go....so of course 80 cops in riot gear were called in to enforce their departure and rgw usual cry babies whined to the press about being maced after altercations with law enforcement... stupid twits.

I know right. Never heard of someone taking a swing at a cop then whining when the cop swung back.

actsnoblemartin
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
crazies, the majority of them sleep outside, use drugs, and use the bathroom in the street, atleast here in san diego,

so hmmm....

makes one wonder why i should take these clowns seriously

red states rule
10-31-2011, 02:40 AM

He have this from the peaceful hippies in Denver

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4DoHDelbEAQ" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

jimnyc
10-31-2011, 08:37 AM
He have this from the peaceful hippies in Denver

Just saw this video on another site. Unbelievable that these "protestors" feel that "civil disobedience" means they can try and knock a police officer off of his motorcycle. It's not like the cop came charging, he was barely moving and stopped and used his horns to allow them to move before proceeding.

I've seen HUNDREDS of videos about these OWS protestors in the past month. I suggest people look around for videos instead of relying on the MSM to supply them. These knuckleheads are stepping over the line EVERYWHERE. Sure, there ARE peaceful protestors - but when police move in to do their jobs these people are turning into animals.

ConHog
10-31-2011, 12:52 PM
It's time to go old school on these morons. Bring on the firehoses. Hell mix in a little soap and give them a bath while you're at it.

red states rule
11-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Just saw this video on another site. Unbelievable that these "protestors" feel that "civil disobedience" means they can try and knock a police officer off of his motorcycle. It's not like the cop came charging, he was barely moving and stopped and used his horns to allow them to move before proceeding.

I've seen HUNDREDS of videos about these OWS protestors in the past month. I suggest people look around for videos instead of relying on the MSM to supply them. These knuckleheads are stepping over the line EVERYWHERE. Sure, there ARE peaceful protestors - but when police move in to do their jobs these people are turning into animals.

Here is a recap of the coverage from the liberal media on the hippies. Compare this to the coverage the Tea Party got from the same netrworks and newspapers

Occupy Wall Street = “The Protest of This Current Era”

So Popular, It’s Spread to “More Than 1,000 Countries”

Radical Protesters Giving Lessons on “Civil Discourse”

Just a Cheerful Village Filled With Cookies, Bagels and Yoga

“Peril” for Republicans If They Ignore Left-Wing Protests?

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2011/10/31/month-media-cheers-anti-capitalist-sit