PDA

View Full Version : Make no apologies

jimnyc
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
This started quite a few years back, in the beginning of GWB's first term, but skyrocketed once Obama was in office. He has lead the charge into "apologizing" to anyone and everyone.

You have bill problems? I'm sorry. You don't agree with the war? I'm sorry. Your relatives from a kabillion years ago were slaves? I'm sorry. Same for the Indians. Apologize daily to Muslims, most of the time for no apparent reason other than to get brownie points for doing so. Kill a terrorist and apologize to his/her families.

I'm tired of the apologists and the apologies. They don't speak for me, and that includes our current president. Bow to this one, bow to that one, apologize to everyone.

From my point of view, there should be a lot of countries THANKING us for once again taking the lead, the heat and all the pressure from around the world. We are eliminating terrorism one terrorist at a time, but must bow and apologize to the world for doing so? Fuck that.

These countries barely can get an acknowledgement out when a catastrophe or natural disaster hits another country. Before the dust settles, the USA will have an aircraft carrier on its way and millions of dollars transferred to the country in need. People around the world seem to think this is an obligation of ours. We are the most giving nation on the planet, but it mostly goes unnoticed.

How many nations "apologize" to us or others when they do very little to support other countries? What about an apology or thank you when we help stop a terror attack in another country? Hell no, then we need to apologize for "helping" across borders.

What happened to the swagger that the US used to have? What used to be recognized as strength and swagger in the past is being apoogized for these days, in my opinion anyway. I'll speak for myself, again, when I say I ain't apologizing for jack shit.

Abbey Marie
10-31-2011, 04:10 PM
:clap:

Kathianne
10-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Related, I agree and also note the 'losing of something,' turning into an announced victory. Wrong and it won't get us where we need to be.

Iraq for instance. If it were a true 'victory' the news wouldn't have been released late on a Friday afternoon. That's the time to announce bad news, which it was. Obama blew it, again.

http://maxboot.net/articles/52-obamas-tragic-iraq-withdrawal.html

Obama's Tragic Iraq Withdrawal (http://maxboot.net/articles/52-obamas-tragic-iraq-withdrawal.html) Wall Street Journal October 31, 2011
Friday afternoon is a traditional time to bury bad news, so at 12:49 p.m. on Oct. 21 President Obama strode into the White House briefing room to "report that, as promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year—after nearly nine years, America's war in Iraq will be over." He acted as though this represented a triumph, but it was really a defeat.

The U.S. had tried to extend the presence of our troops past Dec. 31. Why did we fail?

The popular explanation is that the Iraqis refused to provide legal immunity for U.S. troops if they are accused of breaking Iraq's laws. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki himself said: "When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible. The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started."

But Mr. Maliki and other Iraqi political figures expressed exactly the same reservations about immunity in 2008 during the negotiation of the last Status of Forces Agreement. Indeed those concerns were more acute at the time because there were so many more U.S. personnel in Iraq—nearly 150,000, compared with fewer than 50,000 today. So why was it possible for the Bush administration to reach a deal with the Iraqis but not for the Obama administration?...

ConHog
10-31-2011, 04:11 PM
This started quite a few years back, in the beginning of GWB's first term, but skyrocketed once Obama was in office. He has lead the charge into "apologizing" to anyone and everyone.

You have bill problems? I'm sorry. You don't agree with the war? I'm sorry. Your relatives from a kabillion years ago were slaves? I'm sorry. Same for the Indians. Apologize daily to Muslims, most of the time for no apparent reason other than to get brownie points for doing so. Kill a terrorist and apologize to his/her families.

I'm tired of the apologists and the apologies. They don't speak for me, and that includes our current president. Bow to this one, bow to that one, apologize to everyone.

From my point of view, there should be a lot of countries THANKING us for once again taking the lead, the heat and all the pressure from around the world. We are eliminating terrorism one terrorist at a time, but must bow and apologize to the world for doing so? Fuck that.

These countries barely can get an acknowledgement out when a catastrophe or natural disaster hits another country. Before the dust settles, the USA will have an aircraft carrier on its way and millions of dollars transferred to the country in need. People around the world seem to think this is an obligation of ours. We are the most giving nation on the planet, but it mostly goes unnoticed.

How many nations "apologize" to us or others when they do very little to support other countries? What about an apology or thank you when we help stop a terror attack in another country? Hell no, then we need to apologize for "helping" across borders.

What happened to the swagger that the US used to have? What used to be recognized as strength and swagger in the past is being apoogized for these days, in my opinion anyway. I'll speak for myself, again, when I say I ain't apologizing for jack shit.

When an apology is due, it's due. But what I find odd is that most of the time the ones demanding apologies from others are the least likely to EVER apologize for their own behavior.

Abbey Marie
10-31-2011, 04:13 PM
This only addresses one aspect of the OP. but, my husband has a theory that often when you help someone, they tend to resent you for it in the end. I think he is right.

jimnyc
10-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Related, I agree and also note the 'losing of something,' turning into an announced victory. Wrong and it won't get us where we need to be.

Iraq for instance. If it were a true 'victory' the news wouldn't have been released late on a Friday afternoon. That's the time to announce bad news, which it was. Obama blew it, again.

http://maxboot.net/articles/52-obamas-tragic-iraq-withdrawal.html

The saddest part of the entire war was politicians taking certain stances, and were stances that put troops in danger. If there is one thing that should get approval immediately, it would be the money necessary to support our troops. Many used it as a tool to get little pet projects in there at the same time in return their vote. It's people like that who should be apologizing.

When an apology is due, it's due. But what I find odd is that most of the time the ones demanding apologies from others are the least likely to EVER apologize for their own behavior.

The majority of things being apologized for are not necessary, but more to garner votes or to make a political opponent look bad.

This only addresses one aspect of the OP. but, my husband has a theory that often when you help someone, they tend to resent you for it in the end. I think he is right.

There is no wrong in apologizing when it's deserved. But too many apologies to look politically correct will ultimately appears as weakness, IMO.