PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Sears!

Kathianne
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM
:salute:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2011/11/01/shop-sears-for-the-holidays/

Shop Sears For the Holidays! I received this email from a friend. Sears really does support the troops, and we’re really going to support Sears. I hope you do too.

Sears – Christmas shopping this year.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn’t always my first choice.

It’s amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn’t withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

What commitment you say?

How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being in active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once.

Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the
company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves...

DragonStryk72
11-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Wow, damn, that's pretty frickin impressive all around

red states rule
11-02-2011, 02:01 AM
I will make a trip to Sears this holiday season and find something to buy for someone.

What a company :salute:

ConHog
11-02-2011, 08:07 PM
That is pretty generous of them.

sarcasm alert

I'm shocked that they managed to be so generous without the government making them do it.

Sarcasm off.

Shadow
11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
That's pretty cool. We shop at Sears when ever we go to the mall. Their Canyon River Blue Jeans are nice and they have great sales on them. Will probably make it there during the holidays.:thumb:

red states rule
11-03-2011, 01:49 AM
I shared this story with some co-workers and they all said they do some shopping at Sears during the upcoming holiday season

What goes around comes around

ConHog
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Our family will do some shopping at Sears as well. Awesome to see them doing this.