PDA

View Full Version : "Our blacks are so much better than their blacks"

Noir
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
How was she not called out on this =/

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tgsKKS1dvXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
11-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Because you watched a 2 minute clip and didn't go any further. That's what happens when you rely on youtube for news! :beer: :poke:

Yahoo search - http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Alt6DtnjsFIZ3mBx1la7WsabvZx4?p=ann+cou lter+Our+blacks+are+so+much+better+than+their+blac ks&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

And I know I saw this on the news but certainly don't remember what station I was on, as I watch them all.

ConHog
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Because you watched a 2 minute clip and didn't go any further. That's what happens when you rely on youtube for news! :beer: :poke:

Yahoo search - http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Alt6DtnjsFIZ3mBx1la7WsabvZx4?p=ann+cou lter+Our+blacks+are+so+much+better+than+their+blac ks&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

And I know I saw this on the news but certainly don't remember what station I was on, as I watch them all.

No matter the context, that was a pretty stupid statement. "our blacks are better than theirs" LOL

That being said, who gives a shit? I'm tired of all this PC shit. Now if she has said "Hey our Uncle Toms are better than your jigaboos" or something like that I could see the outrage. But she was only responding to the rhetoric from the left that conservative blacks aren't really black.

oh and I don't even like Ann Coulter, she's annoying and needs to eat a sandwich but right is right.

Noir
11-02-2011, 11:30 AM

Clicking your link just brings up a load of search results, I don't see what exactly it adds.

She said (totall in context) "Our blacks are so much better than your blacks" what kind of a thing is that to say =/

jimnyc
11-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Clicking your link just brings up a load of search results, I don't see what exactly it adds.

She said (totall in context) "Our blacks are so much better than your blacks" what kind of a thing is that to say =/

Yes, search results to where it is being discussed all over the internet. You said you couldn't believe she wasn't called out, and I was pointing out that she's been taking a beating and has been called out on her comments by a few million people. And as I also added, it was on the main stream media as well, both television and newspapers. But that's probably as far as it'll go, and she'll be more popular as a result, and sell more books as a result.

Noir
11-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes, search results to where it is being discussed all over the internet. You said you couldn't believe she wasn't called out, and I was pointing out that she's been taking a beating and has been called out on her comments by a few million people. And as I also added, it was on the main stream media as well, both television and newspapers. But that's probably as far as it'll go, and she'll be more popular as a result, and sell more books as a result.

My apologies I meant at the time of the interview, the interviewer didn't stop then an press her on it, he just continued almost normal.

I mean what does he think he's meant to be doing if not reacting to the giest and challenging them On the things they say =/

fj1200
11-02-2011, 12:42 PM
How was she not called out on this =/

Because this was (part of) the whole statement.

Coulter said on Fox News:
“Our blacks are so much better than their blacks… To become a black Republican, you don’t just roll into it. You’re not going with the flow. You have fought against probably your family members, probably your neighbors, you have thought everything out and that’s why we have very impressive blacks in our party.”

And besides, it was Hannity. Don't expect much from him and you won't be disappointed.

Trigg
11-02-2011, 01:39 PM

It is an odd way of putting it. But what she was saying is true.

Blacks as a group vote democrate and if they vote republican they are almost always ostracised as sellouts and uncle toms. There's a clip out there of Harry Belefonte saying he's a "false negro". Coulter, in her odd way, is defending him.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../hermain-cain-obama-never

The Republican party, the Tea party, all of those forces to the extreme right have consistently tried to come up with representation for what they call black, what they call the real Negroes and try to push these images as the kinds of voices that America should be [looking] to. So we've got Condoleezza Rice, we've got Colin Powell, they are heroes for some people but for a lot of us they are not. And Herman Cain is just the latest incarnation of what is totally false to the needs of our community and the needs of our nation. I think he’s a bad apple and people should look at his whole card, he’s not what he says he is.

even more telling are some of the comments
A
notha man of color. Oops, I forget. Mr. Cain is a man of color but he definitely ain't black

Someone must have lied to him, because he isn't black

red states rule
11-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Here is part of Ann's op-ed on this topic. She clearly shows why conservative blacks are indeed better then liberal blacks

Who would you want your kids to look up to? Someone like Justice Thomas or Al Sharpton?

Liberals go straight to ugly racist stereotypes when attacking conservative blacks, calling them oversexualized, stupid and/or incompetent.

The late, lamented, white liberal reporter Mary McGrory called Justice Antonin Scalia "a brilliant and compelling extremist" -- while dismissing Thomas as "Scalia's puppet."

More recently, Democratic Sen. Harry Reid called Scalia "one smart guy." In the next breath, he proclaimed Thomas "an embarrassment to the Supreme Court," adding, "I think that his opinions are poorly written."

When Bush made Condoleezza Rice the first black female secretary of state, terror swept through the Democratic Party. What if people began to notice and ask questions: "Who's that black woman always standing with George Bush?" Never mind! He's probably arresting her.
In addition to an explosion of racist cartoons portraying Rice as Aunt Jemima, Butterfly McQueen from "Gone With the Wind," a fat-lipped Bush parrot and other racist cliches, allegedly respectable liberals promptly called her stupid and incompetent.

Joseph Cirincione, then with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, said Rice "doesn't bring much experience or knowledge of the world to this position." (Unlike Hillary Clinton, whose experience for the job consisted of being married to an impeached, disbarred former president.)
Democratic consultant Bob Beckel -- who ran Walter Mondale's 1984 campaign so competently that Mondale lost 49 states -- said of Rice, "I don't think she's up to the job."

When Michael Steele ran for senator in Maryland in 2006, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee dug up a copy of his credit report -- something done to no other Republican candidate. He was depicted in black face with huge red lips by liberal blogger Steve Gilliard. Oreo cookies were rolled down the aisle at Steele during a gubernatorial debate in 2002.

Trafficking in racist imagery is consequence-free for liberals because they have ruined charges of "racism" with their own overuse of the term. By now, any accusation of racism has the feel of a Big Foot sighting.

It's a neat trick, rather as if the Nazis had called everything "genocide" right before launching the Holocaust, and then admonished resisters not to "play the genocide card."
Liberals step on black conservatives early and often because they can't have black children thinking, "Hmmm, the Republicans have some good ideas; maybe I'm a Republican."

The basic setup is:

Step 1: Spend 30 years telling blacks that Republicans are racist and viciously attacking all black Republicans.

Step 2: Laugh maliciously at Republicans for not having more blacks in their party.

It is beyond insane that Herman Cain would have considered running for president if he had the tiniest skeleton in his closet. To be an out-of-the-closet black Republican, you had better be a combination rocket scientist/Baptist preacher. Which, as it happens, Cain is.

Meanwhile, MSNBC is cutting into its prime-time programming to announce updates in the fact-free hit on Cain. That's not because anyone there thinks he'll be the nominee. Everyone knows it's going to be Mitt Romney.

But liberals are determined to make sure that, six months from now, everyone has forgotten Herman Cain so they can go back to claiming Republicans oppose Obama because they hate blacks.

http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2011/11/02/why_our_blacks_are_better_than_their_blacks/page/2

ConHog
11-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Here is part of Ann's op-ed on this topic. She clearly shows why conservative blacks are indeed better then liberal blacks

Who would you want your kids to look up to? Someone like Justice Thomas or Al Sharpton?

The point RSR is that it shouldn't be about skin color at this point, and if EVERYONE would stop talking about color, it would go away.

Of course many are making too much of this statement, but that's sort of the point. People gotta know others are going to make a big fuss over this kind of thing and should choose more wisely when speaking.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
My apologies I meant at the time of the interview, the interviewer didn't stop then an press her on it, he just continued almost normal.

I mean what does he think he's meant to be doing if not reacting to the giest and challenging them On the things they say =/

For the same reason Dems didn't called out on saying that black who are conservatives aren't "real blacks"

Noir
11-03-2011, 11:57 AM
For the same reason Dems didn't called out on saying that black who are conservatives aren't "real blacks"

But why? What is the point in a news service that doesn't scrutinise?

and obviously its no good saying "they're only doing what everyone else is doing"

ConHog
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM

and obviously its no good saying "they're only doing what everyone else is doing"

Point of order

Hannity, much like Rush and Beck and Maddow etc etc are NOT news shows. They are op ed shows. Big difference.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Because news stations aren't really news stations anymore. They used to just report, but now it's entertainment, and a lot, liberal and conservative alike, are pushing their own agenda.

Noir
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Point of order

Hannity, much like Rush and Beck and Maddow etc etc are NOT news shows. They are op ed shows. Big difference.

But they're still professional journalists, right?

Little-Acorn
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Coulter does this deliberately, saying something that sounds outrageous, only after explaining it fully elsewhere and then waiting for someone to call her on it. Then she can give her explanation again and shove the question down the interviewer's throat, while demonstating she is completely right.

I'd guess that the interviewer knew she had the second half of the one-two punch ready, and didn't want to give her the chance to point out why she was right.

She caught you on it, didn't she? And then fj was able to fill in the rest for her (as I will take the liberty of doing again here):

Coulter said on Fox News:
“Our blacks are so much better than their blacks… To become a black Republican, you don’t just roll into it. You’re not going with the flow. You have fought against probably your family members, probably your neighbors, you have thought everything out and that’s why we have very impressive blacks in our party.”

She's right, as usual. And you walked right into it... for which she'd probably thank you if she wanted to bother with you.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Not really, I'm mean, they'll use stuff from the news, but they're not reporting, Noir. They're commenting with their personal opinions and views.

ConHog
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM

No, they are entertainers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noir
11-03-2011, 05:56 PM
No, they are entertainers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good lord, your country needs to get it's act together.
Like i knew they commentated on events, but i thought they were professional journalists/reporters aswell.

ConHog
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Like i knew they commentated on events, but i thought they were professional journalists/reporters aswell.

Nope, NOW Fox does have people who are serious news commentators , and no doubt MSNBC does as well, etc etc, but Coulter and Hannity and Rush and Maddow, etc etc definitely don't fall into that category. They are there to entertain the people who tune into their respective channels , nothing more, nothing less.

fj1200
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM

There are reporters and there are commentators, as soon as you know which is which you'll be much less confused.

DragonStryk72
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM

Meh, we have our actual news people, so it's not that bad really.Beck and Maddow came about because people viewed their reporting, and wanted to hear more about their opinions.

red states rule
11-04-2011, 02:22 AM
The point RSR is that it shouldn't be about skin color at this point, and if EVERYONE would stop talking about color, it would go away.

Of course many are making too much of this statement, but that's sort of the point. People gotta know others are going to make a big fuss over this kind of thing and should choose more wisely when speaking.

CH, maybe you don't get around much - but it is the left that always sees people by race and not the right

For about the last 20 years, liberals have tied race to nearly every issue. If you did not agree with them you were tagged a racist

Yet they make they racial slurs toward any black conservative who speaks out against the Dems and their failed policies

red states rule
11-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Because news stations aren't really news stations anymore. They used to just report, but now it's entertainment, and a lot, liberal and conservative alike, are pushing their own agenda.

At least on Fox News you do get both sides unlike on the rest of the liberal networks which constantly wave the pom poms for the Dems

Perhaps that is why Fox News destroys the othe cable news networks in the ratings

red states rule
11-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Not really, I'm mean, they'll use stuff from the news, but they're not reporting, Noir. They're commenting with their personal opinions and views.

Good example is how the liberal media is all over the Herman Cain story VS how they covered Bill Clinton, John Edwards, and the many incidents involving the Kennedy's

red states rule
11-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Coulter does this deliberately, saying something that sounds outrageous, only after explaining it fully elsewhere and then waiting for someone to call her on it. Then she can give her explanation again and shove the question down the interviewer's throat, while demonstating she is completely right.

I'd guess that the interviewer knew she had the second half of the one-two punch ready, and didn't want to give her the chance to point out why she was right.

She caught you on it, didn't she? And then fj was able to fill in the rest for her (as I will take the liberty of doing again here):

She's right, as usual. And you walked right into it... for which she'd probably thank you if she wanted to bother with you.

and how do liberal respond to facts? Take this liberal talk show host for example

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQYkUXB2ue0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

red states rule
11-04-2011, 03:50 AM
It is an odd way of putting it. But what she was saying is true.

Blacks as a group vote democrate and if they vote republican they are almost always ostracised as sellouts and uncle toms. There's a clip out there of Harry Belefonte saying he's a "false negro". Coulter, in her odd way, is defending him.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../hermain- (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../hermain-)cain-obama-never

even more telling are some of the comments
A

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz110411dAPC20111103064517.jpg