PDA

View Full Version : A pet peeve about christians

Shadow
11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
This has been bugging me for awhile...so what the heck...I'll post it here.

I hate it when supposed christians let their (so called) friends trash their religion and never say a word or challenge them on it...ever. What kind of a christian are you if you don't even have enough of a backbone to debate them and set them straight? Probably falls into the "no integrity" catagory once again actually.

Oh...and edited to add...

Another pet peeve...insisting on hanging around and kissing up to people who not only trash your religion,but your whole value system. And again...never saying a word.

Noir
11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Merp, whenever irl christian friends told me to respect their religion and its values, i told them i'd consider it as soon as they did, like say stop having all that pre-marital sex for starters...

Shadow
11-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Merp, whenever irl christian friends told me to respect their religion and its values, i told them i'd consider it as soon as they did, like say stop having all that pre-marital sex for starters...

What makes you think a persons values only revolve around sex? And.... I'm not just talking about their religion...I'm talking about a person putting aside their morals...things they supposedly believe very strongly about (but won't stand up for,when the situation presents itself). You know... Kinda like you and second hand smoke...the kinda thing you popped a cork over enough to verbally assault your cousin about.

Noir
11-03-2011, 10:11 PM
What makes you think a persons values only revolve around sex? And.... I'm not just talking about their religion...I'm talking about a person putting aside their morals...things they supposedly believe very strongly about (but won't stand up for,when the situation presents itself). You know... Kinda like you and second hand smoke...the kinda thing you popped a cork over enough to verbally assault your cousin about.

I was using sex as an example. If someone wants me to 'respect' their values the least they can do is value them themselves.

Shadow
11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I was using sex as an example. If someone wants me to 'respect' their values the least they can do is value them themselves.

Well...that was kind of my point (sort of). Why...a person who will argue their "values" with perfect stangers...won't have enough of a spine to confont their friends?

darin
11-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Christians can't be offended. To be offended requires a level of pride inconsistent with the example of Christ. Thus, when folks 'trash' christianity, Christians respond with a little sympathy, or empathy for the idiot wasting his/her time displaying the hatred and coldness in their hearts.

logroller
11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Christians can't be offended. To be offended requires a level of pride inconsistent with the example of Christ. Thus, when folks 'trash' christianity, Christians respond with a little sympathy, or empathy for the idiot wasting his/her time displaying the hatred and coldness in their hearts.

All Christians? Certainly one should aspire to the perfect example Jesus represents; but as the saying goes 'Not perfect, just forgiven.'

Shadow
11-04-2011, 07:33 AM

Nope...some show signs of nothing ( not even signs of sympathy),they can't even be botherd to comment at all actually.

So are you saying that a person who doesn't defend their beliefs...is actually above it all then?

All Christians? Certainly one should aspire to the perfect example Jesus represents; but as the saying goes 'Not perfect, just forgiven.'

I agree somewhat. While you can't expect people to be perfect (that is an impossible goal). You can at least expect them to be some kind of an example...right?

Gunny
11-04-2011, 08:06 AM

I hate it when supposed christians let their (so called) friends trash their religion and never say a word or challenge them on it...ever. What kind of a christian are you if you don't even have enough of a backbone to debate them and set them straight? Probably falls into the "no integrity" catagory once again actually.

Another pet peeve...insisting on hanging around and kissing up to people who not only trash your religion,but your whole value system. And again...never saying a word.

The people I'm ever around that openly trash Christians for some strange reason all hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I ignore them mostly, argue with them occasionally. It isn't about having having backbone, IMO. It's about wasting time.

In real life, I STILL don't bother arguing with people like that. I just don't have anything to do with them. Christ himself says to kick the dust off your heels and don't waste your time on those who won't listen.

ConHog
11-04-2011, 08:18 AM
The people I'm ever around that openly trash Christians for some strange reason all hide behind the anonymity of the internet. I ignore them mostly, argue with them occasionally. It isn't about having having backbone, IMO. It's about wasting time.

In real life, I STILL don't bother arguing with people like that. I just don't have anything to do with them. Christ himself says to kick the dust off your heels and don't waste your time on those who won't listen.

That's truth right there. I have never not once in my real life had someone tell me that God is a mythical man in the sky or something along those lines. And I DO in fact know some real atheists.

Another case of internet bravery most of the time.

Shadow
11-04-2011, 08:19 AM

I do understand that arguing about religion on a MB can be a waste of time. But isn't that kind of the whole point of visiting one...debating differences?

I have a few friends in my real life who insist on making cracks about my religion often. Like for instance...every time we would go out to eat and they would see someone pray before eating. It was offensive to them for some reason. I used to blow it off at first to avoid a fight...but it happened quite a bit (with them even knowing about my faith...which to me was obnoxious) Finally I started setting them straight and talking to them about it openly. They don't do it anymore.

ConHog
11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I do understand that arguing about religion on a MB can be a waste of time. But isn't that kind of the whole point of visiting one...debating differences?

I have a few friends in my real life who insist on making cracks about my religion often. Like for instance...every time we would go out to eat and they would see someone pray before eating. It was offensive to them for some reason. I used to blow it off at first to avoid a fight...but it happened quite a bit (with them even knowing about my faith...which to me was obnoxious) Finally I started setting them straight and talking to them about it openly. They don't do it anymore.

The example you used is more a sign of immaturity than it is of hating a bashing a religion. My teenage son and his friend do that kind of crap. Bugs the hell out of me and I'm constantly getting onto them about it. But they are 19 year old dorks so they still have a chance to grow out of it.

Gunny
11-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying don't do it. I just said I mostly ignore it and occasionally do argue it. What I have found is non-believers don't want a debate. They want to insult you and tell you why you're wrong. They can't ever stand in an honest argument. You get logical on them and they start going all over the target like a Pvt on his 1st day at the range.

As far as real life, you got two choices: Don't go out to eat with these "friends", or tell them to STFU next time they act offended. It's really none of their business.

Shadow
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
The example you used is more a sign of immaturity than it is of hating a bashing a religion. My teenage son and his friend do that kind of crap. Bugs the hell out of me and I'm constantly getting onto them about it. But they are 19 year old dorks so they still have a chance to grow out of it.

Right...well this particular friend that I used as an example says anti christian stuff constanly (she is jewish). And she will make comments like..."they would probably freak out if they saw my star of david...or tree of life". To which I would say...really...I'm a christian and I never even notice it...must just be YOUR narrow minded hang up.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying don't do it. I just said I mostly ignore it and occasionally do argue it. What I have found is non-believers don't want a debate. They want to insult you and tell you why you're wrong. They can't ever stand in an honest argument. You get logical on them and they start going all over the target like a Pvt on his 1st day at the range.

As far as real life, you got two choices: Don't go out to eat with these "friends", or tell them to STFU next time they act offended. It's really none of their business.

So... I guess they learn that early on then as a strategy to win an argument...out shout others with ridiculous crap to shut them up (seems to work too). Because most arent challenged.

Noir
11-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Lol, 'get logical' on them?

If I recall the statistic correctly 95% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences (basically the smartest of their respective scientific fields) are atheists. Now it may well be that all of those 95% are wrong. However, I don't think it's reasonable to say that 95% of the worlds top scientists are unable to logically discuss why they think there are probably no gods.

revelarts
11-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Um I don't know many Christians that do that or non Christians that are generally that rude.

I've had debates with my friends and put up with comments a time a 2 just depends on the situation. I've had one crowd of folks almost literally RUN when i pulled out a pocket Bible to correct their lil lunch break Christian/religion/church bash fest.

Just depends on the situation. When I 1st became a Christians from an agnostic some people "trashed" God around me kinda like a test. those I would Come back with something like, "how far down in hell do you reeelly want to go? Keep racking up the points dude."
Others who I felt where talking out of general pain from a life situations or just misinformed about faith and didn't know any better, I often ignored it or tried to turn it in to a real conversation.

Automatically Lashing Back might be right at times but it's not the ONLY or probably best Christian response we should have do you think?

ConHog
11-04-2011, 09:58 AM

If I recall the statistic correctly 95% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences (basically the smartest of their respective scientific fields) are atheists. Now it may well be that all of those 95% are wrong. However, I don't think it's reasonable to say that 95% of the worlds top scientists are unable to logically discuss why they think there are probably no gods.

I believe Gunny was talking about the usual rifraff who run around screaming that everyone is wrong about believing in God. Certainly the educated scientists you refer to are not among those people, even if they don't believe they are capable of rational discussion.

darin
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Nope...some show signs of nothing ( not even signs of sympathy),they can't even be bothered to comment at all actually.

So are you saying that a person who doesn't defend their beliefs...is actually above it all then?

I’m saying a Christian doesn’t get offended when non-believers talk against Christianity. Christians understand non-believers are NOT SUPPOSED TO believe. Those “Christians” who get angry and yell and scream and take up their sword for a fake moral/religious high ground are arrogant, ignorant, and foolish.

Noir
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I believe Gunny was talking about the usual rifraff who run around screaming that everyone is wrong about believing in God. Certainly the educated scientists you refer to are not among those people, even if they don't believe they are capable of rational discussion.

I'm sure there are some atheists like that, in the same way there are Christians and Muslims and so forth like that. Which makes his post more an observation about humans rather than atheists, and so kinda pointless.

Abbey Marie
11-04-2011, 10:27 AM

You said it, Gunny. Nail meets head.

I heart this post. :clap:

ConHog
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm sure there are some atheists like that, in the same way there are Christians and Muslims and so forth like that. Which makes his post more an observation about humans rather than atheists, and so kinda pointless.

it's not pointless when we are talking about religious discussions. I've seen people who can carry on a reasonable discussion about many topics just go crazy when religion is the topic. That makes their inability to discuss rationally about RELIGION

Gunny
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Right...well this particular friend that I used as an example says anti christian stuff constanly (she is jewish). And she will make comments like..."they would probably freak out if they saw my star of david...or tree of life". To which I would say...really...I'm a christian and I never even notice it...must just be YOUR narrow minded hang up.

So... I guess they learn that early on then as a strategy to win an argument...out shout others with ridiculous crap to shut them up (seems to work too). Because most arent challenged.

I see your point. It's a lose/lose deal. Christ didn't out-shout anyone, nor does He ask us to. He spoke to willing audiences. In that, I will give my opinion to those that wish to hear it. To those who don't, they aren't worth my time.

In your specific, if my "friends" do not at least respect my right to believe what I wish, agree with it or not, then they aren't really my friends anyway.

And remember, even Christ was out-shouted by the Pharisees.

Gunny
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Stop trying to derail the thread. That whole science vs theology argument is lame and you can find it in other threads where I've shut you "junk science" worshippers down for YEARS. I have no issue with science. Until it starts trying to make religious explanations to things it cannot explain and/or completely contradict science's own laws.

Back in your corner, puppy. Discuss the topic. It's about jerks like you running your mouths in public and insulting others for no other reason than they choose to believe as they wish, just as you do.

Gunny
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM

I was. I consider Noir one of them.

Noir
11-04-2011, 10:38 AM
it's not pointless when we are talking about religious discussions. I've seen people who can carry on a reasonable discussion about many topics just go crazy when religion is the topic. That makes their inability to discuss rationally about RELIGION

But his post was specificly targeted at the non-religious, when it applies to all, non-religious or not.

Gunny
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

My post is to the point and WAY above YOUR head. If you choose to continue to try and derail a perfectly good discussion for no more reason than you WISH you could troll me, I'd think twice.

Abbey Marie
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I’m saying a Christian doesn’t get offended when non-believers talk against Christianity. Christians understand non-believers are NOT SUPPOSED TO believe. Those “Christians” who get angry and yell and scream and take up their sword for a fake moral/religious high ground are arrogant, ignorant, and foolish.

I do get offended when non-believers take our Lord's name in vain, or try to stifle my religious expression and traditions. They don't have to believe, but should respect the rights of those who do by at least not acting out. Unfortunately, many emboldened atheists today try to turn everyone else atheist, and mock believers in the process. At the same time, I know what you mean- we have to expect a lot of this, especially in end times, and might as well learn to ignore it and "consider the source". They have not the ears to hear. That has been my way for a long time now. Much like Gunny described in his post.

I don't get offended that they don't believe. That is their issue with God, and someday they will learn the truth. :cool:

Noir
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Stop trying to derail the thread. That whole science vs theology argument is lame and you can find it in other threads where I've shut you "junk science" worshippers down for YEARS. I have no issue with science. Until it starts trying to make religious explanations to things it cannot explain and/or completely contradict science's own laws.

Back in your corner, puppy. Discuss the topic. It's about jerks like you running your mouths in public and insulting others for no other reason than they choose to believe as they wish, just as you do.

Hardly derailing, You said atheists couldn't argue logically, I pointed to some that obviously can.

And to be the ying to your yang - I have no problem with religion until it starts making scientific claims.

darin
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I do get offended when non-believers take our Lord's name in vain, or try to stifle my religious expression and traditions. They don't have to believe, but should respect the rights of those who do by at least not acting out. Unfortunately, many emboldened atheists today try to turn everyone else atheist, and mock believers in the process. At the same time, I know what you mean- we have to expect a lot of this, especially in end times, and might as well learn to ignore it and "consider the source". They have not the ears to hear. That has been my way for a long time now. Much like Gunny described in his post.

I don't get offended that they don't believe. That is their issue with God, and someday they will learn the truth. :cool:

Turn that offense into compassion, Love.

Gunny
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Hardly derailing, You said atheists couldn't argue logically, I pointed to some that obviously can.

And to be the ying to your yang - I have no problem with religion until it starts making scientific claims.

Atheists can't.

Religion doesn't make scientific claims. Science tries to usurp the role of religion.

It IS derailing. I didn't post the OP. Shadow did. I suggest you reply to that.

ConHog
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM

I find it amusing when people insist that they have a right to their opinions as they are trying to shut me up about mine. I've actually seen people write " I have a right to my choice dammit, now shut up with your religious junk" LOL

Abbey Marie
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM
I find it amusing when people insist that they have a right to their opinions as they are trying to shut me up about mine. I've actually seen people write " I have a right to my choice dammit, now shut up with your religious junk" LOL

I'll bet you've seen even worse, lol.

ConHog
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I'll bet you've seen even worse, lol.

Oh yes I have. I was a member at USMB remember? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh yes I have. I was a member at USMB remember? :laugh2:

Lol, that's why I said it! (Btw, I used to be a member there, too. When Jim owned it).

ConHog
11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
LO, that's why I said it! (Btw, I used to be a member there, too. When Jim owned it).I

I have recently borrowed another person's nickname for that site. The scow , because that's really what it is, a boat full of trash.

DragonStryk72
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
This has been bugging me for awhile...so what the heck...I'll post it here. I hate it when supposed christians let their (so called) friends trash their religion and never say a word or challenge them on it...ever. What kind of a christian are you if you don't even have enough of a backbone to debate them and set them straight? Probably falls into the "no integrity" category once again actually. Oh...and edited to add... Another pet peeve...insisting on hanging around and kissing up to people who not only trash your religion,but your whole value system. And again...never saying a word.

Well, the ones who are quiet about it probably remember this line "Turn the other cheek".

My friends aren't so much a problem for this, but I do have my points where I have to sort of step in and "Hey, Catholic. I'm right over here." I respect my friends beliefs, even if I don't share them, and I have friends that are Wiccan, Asatru, Agnostic, and even Atheists.

And Noir, you really do come off as just sort of sad here. Seriously, you can't respect your friends' beliefs because they have a religion? At the same time though, You're on here wanting respect for being Atheist, so there's a pretty solid block of hypocrisy right there. Combine that with how little you clearly value your friends based on intolerance, and I just can't think anything but just how sad it must be to be friends with you.

ConHog
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, the ones who are quiet about it probably remember this line "Turn the other cheek".

My friends aren't so much a problem for this, but I do have my points where I have to sort of step in and "Hey, Catholic. I'm right over here." I respect my friends beliefs, even if I don't share them, and I have friends that are Wiccan, Asatru, Agnostic, and even Atheists.

And Noir, you really do come off as just sort of sad here. Seriously, you can't respect your friends' beliefs because they have a religion? At the same time though, You're on here wanting respect for being Atheist, so there's a pretty solid block of hypocrisy right there. Combine that with how little you clearly value your friends based on intolerance, and I just can't think anything but just how sad it must be to be friends with you.

I doubt he has friends. I have a gay atheist friend. That's his choice, I've know the man for 20 years, Known he was atheist the whole time, known he was gay for the last 10 years. I don't approve, but I don't judge or make fun of him either (okay once in awhile I do call him a dirty dick sucker, but that's just in jest, I'm sure he only sucks clean dicks)

Jeff
11-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Both of these could be answered easy enough , you use the word FRIENDS , a friend wouldn't trash my religion , but if they questioned I would and always will be happy to try to explain , my problem here is some( so called friends) do question only in the intent to trash Christianity, at that point yes I back out due to lack of back bone, hardly , I do so cause I can be pushed very quickly to act very UN Christian like and honestly that is what the person trashing wanted anyway

I have done this right here in this forum, and have found it better not to argue with people here cause they aren't curious they simply want to bash , thats why I almost never respond here

Love Monkey
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Christians are not perfect people. Just forgiven...

darin
11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
^^ Everybody is forgiven...

Shadow
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM

Well...I wasn't necessarily talking about shouting someone down. But...I see your point about what our expectations should be....so I won't let it bother me anymore. YAY...one pet peeve down...20 more to go. ;)

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Christians are not perfect people. Just forgiven...

Sound bites like these are a pet peeve.:laugh:

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Both of these could be answered easy enough , you use the word FRIENDS , a friend wouldn't trash my religion , but if they questioned I would and always will be happy to try to explain , my problem here is some( so called friends) do question only in the intent to trash Christianity, at that point yes I back out due to lack of back bone, hardly , I do so cause I can be pushed very quickly to act very UN Christian like and honestly that is what the person trashing wanted anyway

I have done this right here in this forum, and have found it better not to argue with people here cause they aren't curious they simply want to bash , thats why I almost never respond here

I have spent a ton of time on forums arguing with Christians. I don't want to do that any more. I don't argue with the Christians I know in RL.

Sometimes being anonymous is a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. We can forget that real people are behind the pixels. At least, I have. I'm not an unkind person, but sometimes some posters make me angry and I lash out. I'd rather not do that.

I'm going to keep my issues with religion out of this forum as much as I am able.

Shadow
11-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I have spent a ton of time on forums arguing with Christians. I don't want to do that any more. I don't argue with the Christians I know in RL.

Sometimes being anonymous is a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. We can forget that real people are behind the pixels. At least, I have. I'm not an unkind person, but sometimes some posters make me angry and I lash out. I'd rather not do that.

I'm going to keep my issues with religion out of this forum as much as I am able.

I don't know if people have forgotten...but some certainly don't care that much is obvious sometimes. As a matter of fact, I have been told that online people have the right to treat you like shit and if you can't take the heat...don't post.

They make it sound like everyone needs to be a hard hearted asshole to have an online opinion on just about everything...and never be vulnerable or have a bad day. Which I think is mainly wishful thinking in the guise of letting themselves off the hook for being a jackass. Christian or not. (both seem to have issues with this on open forums).

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't know if people have forgotten...but some certainly don't care that much is obvious sometimes. As a matter of fact, I have been told that online people have the right to treat you like shit and if you can't take the heat...don't post.

They make it sound like everyone needs to be a hard hearted asshole to have an online opinion on just about everything...and never be vulnerable or have a bad day. Which I think is mainly wishful thinking in the guise of letting themselves off the hook for being a jackass. Christian or not. (both seem to have issues with this on open forums).

I've heard the same story. That online posters have the "right" to treat you like shit and if you don't like it, you should get off the forum.

My feeling is that I have days when I feel vulnerable or have had a bad day, and so does everyone else.

I appreciate your view.

ConHog
11-05-2011, 07:39 PM

I don't mind that so much, what I hate is when the same people who act that way then go ape shit if you ever act the same way. I hate hypocrites. I don't care if they are Christians, Muslims, atheists or what have you. A hypocrite is a hypocrite.

Shadow
11-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't mind that so much, what I hate is when the same people who act that way then go ape shit if you ever act the same way. I hate hypocrites. I don't care if they are Christians, Muslims, atheists or what have you. A hypocrite is a hypocrite.

Of course they are going to go ape shit. People don't like being treated like crap...why do you think they do it to you in the first place (because they think they can get away with it). If they had to own it...they wouldn't do it. That's why anon status is so appealing to assholes with an agenda.

See... another thing I have learned about cyber bullies...first thing they will do to put you at a disadvantage, is to take your anon status away...so they can attack you freely hoping you won't fight back.

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Of course they are going to go ape shit. People don't like being treated like crap...why do you think they do it to you in the first place (because they think they can get away with it). If they had to own it...they wouldn't do it. That's why annon status is so appealing to assholes with an agenda.

See... another thing I have learned about cyber bullies...first thing they will do to put you at a disadvantage, is to take your anon status away...so they can attack you freely hoping you won't fight back.

Hmm. I've noticed if you complain about being treated poorly they call you a "victim". It seems to me a "victim" would be someone who would take their crap.

Shadow
11-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Hmm. I've noticed if you complain about being treated poorly they call you a "victim". It seems to me a "victim" would be someone who would take their crap.

Well...they do love the "stop whining" when Im being an asshole to you routine. But then most live in bizzaro world.

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Well...they do love the "stop whining" when Im being an asshole to you routine. But then most live in bizzaro world.

I have a theory that the longer one posts on forums the worse one gets. I can't say forum posting has brought out my best.

Shadow
11-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I have a theory that the longer one posts on forums the worse one gets. I can't say forum posting has brought out my best.

It's kind of a catch 22. In some ways it has made me more open minded and in others more aggressive (both in a good and bad way). I just usually take breaks from the online world when I feel like I'm letting it seep into my offline life and moods too much.

Jeff
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM

I wish more felt that way about Religion , I respect and agree with you

Wind Song
11-05-2011, 11:15 PM
It's kind of a catch 22. In some ways it has made me more open minded and in others more aggressive (both in a good and bad way). I just usually take breaks from the online world when I feel like I'm letting it seep into my offline life and moods too much.

I take breaks too. Sometimes I take them AFTER I've lost it on a forum. I'd like to get to the place where I take a break BEFORE I lose it.

Gunny
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM

Then don't post in those threads.

"I don't want to argue about religion, BUT ...."

Abbey Marie
11-06-2011, 12:53 PM

I think it depends on the person. Kind of a garbage in/garbage out thing.
I've been posting on forums for probably at least 8 years now (and in many cases not as a moderator or admin). People can feel free to disgree on this point, but I think I treat people pretty nicely.

Gunny
11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I've been posting on forums for probably at least 8 years now (and in many cases not as a moderator or admin). People can feel free to disgree on this point, but I think I treat people pretty nicely.

You do. You're overly nice. Even when some don't deserve it. This isn't a question.

Some people you just can't be nice to.

Wind Song
11-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Then don't post in those threads.

"I don't want to argue about religion, BUT ...."

Fine, Gunny. I won't discuss religion. I will post inspiring poems in the religion forum. Too bad if you don't like that. There is nothing argumentative in those poems.

Gunny
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Fine, Gunny. I won't discuss religion. I will post inspiring poems in the religion forum. Too bad if you don't like that. There is nothing argumentative in those poems.

And did i ever have anything to say about your "poems"? Feel free to run back over to that board you came from and find where I did. Good luck.

ConHog
11-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Post all the poems you want, but don't feign shock when people laugh at you for doing so.

Shadow
11-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Post all the poems you want, but don't feign shock when people laugh at you for doing so.

Why would people laugh. That doesn't even make sense...don't be an ass. :rolleyes:

ConHog
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Why would people laugh. That doesn't even make sense...don't be an ass. :rolleyes:

All you want to do is abuse me, I'm leaving forever.

BYE!!

sarcasm off

Kathianne
11-06-2011, 11:23 PM

BYE!!

sarcasm off

Indeed, one thing you don't do is play the victim! Yes!

ConHog
11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Indeed, one thing you don't do is play the victim! Yes!

whatever your bug about me , get over it. I will only talk to friendly people . Well until the next time someone upsets me.

Wind Song
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
And did i ever have anything to say about your "poems"? Feel free to run back over to that board you came from and find where I did. Good luck.

I think I'll stay just to give you a hard time.:dance:

SassyLady
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM

How long have we known each Abbey?? ... since 2003 I think .... and not once have I read a post by you that was unkind......on any of the boards we've posted at.....I think you were even kind to Dynagirl and Cheeky.......and lord help us, it takes a saint to be kind to either of those posters.

Wind Song
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
That's really good to know Abbey and Sassy. I'll look for your posts.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2011, 08:53 PM
How long have we known each Abbey?? ... since 2003 I think .... and not once have I read a post by you that was unkind......on any of the boards we've posted at.....I think you were even kind to Dynagirl and Cheeky.......and lord help us, it takes a saint to be kind to either of those posters.

Aww, thank you Sassy. Has it really been that long? Wow!

Shadow
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM

BYE!!

sarcasm off

Oh just shut up :rolleyes: ....and while your out pouting, make yourself useful and grill me a steak.

Shadow
11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Um I don't know many Christians that do that or non Christians that are generally that rude.

I've had debates with my friends and put up with comments a time a 2 just depends on the situation. I've had one crowd of folks almost literally RUN when i pulled out a pocket Bible to correct their lil lunch break Christian/religion/church bash fest.

Just depends on the situation. When I 1st became a Christians from an agnostic some people "trashed" God around me kinda like a test. those I would Come back with something like, "how far down in hell do you reeelly want to go? Keep racking up the points dude."
Others who I felt where talking out of general pain from a life situations or just misinformed about faith and didn't know any better, I often ignored it or tried to turn it in to a real conversation.

Automatically Lashing Back might be right at times but it's not the ONLY or probably best Christian response we should have do you think?

This made me think of once when I was out with a friend (She is a historian who works for the state park and museum). We were at a restaurant discussing the crusades (well she was discussing...I was mostly listening). Anyway...I guess it was heathen talk...cuz a guy came by and asked if he could join us,we said sure. He then proceeded to try to lead us to christ. LOL

logroller
11-09-2011, 12:17 AM
This made me think of once when I was out with a friend (She is a historian who works for the state park and museum). We were at a restaurant discussing the crusades (well she was discussing...I was mostly listening). Anyway...I guess it was heathen talk...cuz a guy came by and asked if he could join us,we said sure. He then proceeded to try to lead us to christ. LOL

I know the type; and they pervade every dogma-- including atheism. I've no problem with somebody wanting to spread positive energy, be it scientific reason or the Word. I think both have promise. But just because I am drawn to the light, it doesn't mean I'm scared of the dark. I oppose those who seek to enjoin me in fearful beliefs.

ConHog
11-09-2011, 12:37 AM

What a dork, I would have tried to get into your panties. :laugh2:

Shadow
11-10-2011, 05:20 AM

Yeah...whatever...Don't even get me started on THAT.

I already know what the super christiany types REALLY mean when they want to show you their pamphlets.

red states rule
11-10-2011, 05:25 AM

Whats wrong with the pair you are wearing? :laugh2: