PDA

View Full Version : Girl Didn't Report Rape, Feared 'Racist' Tag

Hugh Lincoln
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/74176.html

LOCKPORT — The alleged victim in a gang rape last year testified Friday that she didn’t report the incident at first because she didn’t want to be seen as a racist.

Three African-American 17- year-olds — Nicholas M. Smith and Dontre R. Woods, both of Lockport, and Dartaine M. Ubiles of Niagara Falls — are on trial in Niagara County Court, charged with raping the girl in Woods’ home. The girl is white.

She was cross-examined Friday by defense attorneys for all three defendants. Each lawyer emphasized differences between the girl’s trial testimony and her previous versions of events, presented in a statement to detectives May 17 and in grand jury testimony in August.

“At first I had it look like everything was willing because I didn’t want to lose all my friends, I didn’t want it to look like I was racist . . .” the girl told Smith’s attorney, Anthony J. Lana. “I tried to hide the truth to keep them from getting in trouble.”

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
And your point is, what, that white girls are sluts?

darin
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
And your point is, what, that white girls are sluts?

I'd say the point is this:

"Hyper-active/re-active people "leaders" in society are SO QUICK to brand ANYTHING a white-person says about a black person as "racist" people are starting to fear legitimate complaints made to authorities."

Hugh Lincoln
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM

"Hyper-active/re-active people "leaders" in society are SO QUICK to brand ANYTHING a white-person says about a black person as "racist" people are starting to fear legitimate complaints made to authorities."

I'd call that a good summation. You know PC has gone too far when simply stating plain facts about a horrific crime of violence counts as "racist."

Yurt
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM

Exactly

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I think rape should be considered a Capitol Offense which allows the death penalty. In a way when you rape someone you are killing a part of them.

Yurt
05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I think rape should be considered a Capitol Offense which allows the death penalty. In a way when you rape someone you are killing a part of them.

Then hopefully you would want a higher standard of proof to convict.

gabosaurus
05-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I want a mandatory capital murder charge for anyone convicted of DWI who causes a fatality accident.

lily
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM

LOCKPORT — The alleged victim in a gang rape last year testified Friday that she didn’t report the incident at first because she didn’t want to be seen as a racist.

Three African-American 17- year-olds — Nicholas M. Smith and Dontre R. Woods, both of Lockport, and Dartaine M. Ubiles of Niagara Falls — are on trial in Niagara County Court, charged with raping the girl in Woods’ home. The girl is white.

She was cross-examined Friday by defense attorneys for all three defendants. Each lawyer emphasized differences between the girl’s trial testimony and her previous versions of events, presented in a statement to detectives May 17 and in grand jury testimony in August.

“At first I had it look like everything was willing because I didn’t want to lose all my friends, I didn’t want it to look like I was racist . . .” the girl told Smith’s attorney, Anthony J. Lana. “I tried to hide the truth to keep them from getting in trouble.”

Yes, I supose if you read that much of the article you might come to that conclusion. Reading the entire article brings one to a different but not less sad one.

typomaniac
05-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I'd call that a good summation. You know PC has gone too far when simply stating plain facts about a horrific crime of violence counts as "racist."

Okay, here's an un-PC thought: maybe she was just a yellow-headed ho. :uhoh:

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Then hopefully you would want a higher standard of proof to convict.

If the porsecutor is going for the death penalty for sure. A lot of times they have DNA evidence and cases like those are what im talking about because they can be proved way beyond a shadow of a doubt.

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 01:22 AM
I want a mandatory capital murder charge for anyone convicted of DWI who causes a fatality accident.

I could see that, definatly if the person has been convicted of a DUI charge in the past.

Hugh Lincoln
05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Okay, here's an un-PC thought: maybe she was just a yellow-headed ho. :uhoh:

Possible. But if a black woman were raped by a white man (though this almost never happens, statistically), you wouldn't say the same thing.

Here's another un-PC thought: white women and girls should not be associating in any way with black males, because they're statistically far more likely to commit rape and carry venereal diseases. MTV tells them otherwise, and look what happens. Race-mixing drags all races down into the gutter.

Nienna
05-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Possible. But if a black woman were raped by a white man (though this almost never happens, statistically), you wouldn't say the same thing.

Here's another un-PC thought: white women and girls should not be associating in any way with black males, because they're statistically far more likely to commit rape and carry venereal diseases. MTV tells them otherwise, and look what happens. Race-mixing drags all races down into the gutter.

I wouldn't go that far. I know a few "interracial" couples, and they are happily married, with NO diseases. However, I do sympathize with the girl who was raped, and I think it is plausible that she would fear being labeled a racist.

Fountainhead
05-19-2007, 12:03 PM

I would have to read the complete trial transcripts ... but ...

This sounds like "date rape" ... i.e. ... FAKE RAPE ... wherein the woman changes her story after she is discarded like a used tissue.

Thank you radical feminists ! For completely muddying the waters. For blurring the distinction between violent rape and hurt feelings.

Nienna
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I would have to read the complete trial transcripts ... but ...

This sounds like "date rape" ... i.e. ... FAKE RAPE ... wherein the woman changes her story after she is discarded like a used tissue.

Thank you radical feminists ! For completely muddying the waters. For blurring the distinction between violent rape and hurt feelings.

I could buy the date rape thing if it was just the one guy, but the other guy too? And not all date rape is "fake" rape. Things have a way of getting FAR out-of-hand when teenage hormones and alcohol are involved.

Fountainhead
05-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I could buy the date rape thing if it was just the one guy, but the other guy too? And not all date rape is "fake" rape. Things have a way of getting FAR out-of-hand when teenage hormones and alcohol are involved.

Are you suggesting that every woman who has had sex with multiple partners ... has been raped ?

Alcohol use = rape ?

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:20 PM

:clap:

Nienna
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Are you suggesting that every woman who has had sex with multiple partners ... has been raped ?

Alcohol use = rape ?

Not at all. Are you suggesting that it is impossible for a girl to be raped if she knows the rapist(s)?

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Not at all. Are you suggesting that it is impossible for a girl to be raped if she knows the rapist(s)?

That's what it sounded like.........