PDA

View Full Version : Democratic lawmakers say Fast and Furious proof of need for harsher gun laws

red states rule
11-07-2011, 03:57 AM
It is scary how often I am right about the left. I posted about a month or so ago the Dems would use Fast and Furious to push for more gun laws - and they are doing just that

And some here laughed that prediction off

snip

Democratic lawmakers contend that Operation Fast and Furious exemplifies the need to strengthen U.S. gun laws to give federal law enforcement officials more tools to prosecute criminal weapon traffickers.

“This hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein at a recent Senate Judiciary hearing while discussing Fast and Furious.

“And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything, .50-caliber weapons, sniper weapons, buy them in large amounts, and send them down to Mexico. So, the question really becomes, what do we do about this?”

The ranking Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), and Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) have introduced a dedicated firearms trafficking statute, but it has stalled in the House Judiciary Committee.

Republicans on the House Oversight Committee, which has taken the lead investigating Fast and Furious, say that discussing gun laws and the botched operation are very different.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who worked as a federal prosecutor for six years, pointed to the federal sentencing guidelines for possession of illegal automatic machine guns, saying that the second illegal machine gun guarantees life in prison.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/191985-eric-holder-has-a-gun-problem

cadet
11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I think the best thing about gun laws is that the less there are, the less crime there is.

I believe it's Florida that they tried this, and many criminals who would steal that purse from that little old lady, now wonder if she has a gun on her.

Now, if we're not allowed to have guns, does that mean the criminals will follow that law? HECK NO!!! everyone's free game to them now!

ConHog
11-09-2011, 01:28 AM
It is scary how often I am right about the left. I posted about a month or so ago the Dems would use Fast and Furious to push for more gun laws - and they are doing just that

Is this fucking tool serious?

“And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything, .50-caliber weapons, sniper weapons, buy them in large amounts, and send them down to Mexico. So, the question really becomes, what do we do about this?”

Here's what you do about it you fucking dipshit, secure the fucking border. Nothing gets IN or OUT unless we want it to. Fucking DUH!!

red states rule
11-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Is this fucking tool serious?

Here's what you do about it you fucking dipshit, secure the fucking border. Nothing gets IN or OUT unless we want it to. Fucking DUH!!

Of course they lib is serious. This is how liberals think CH. They use their failures to expand their failed aganda

In fact I believe you were the one who said I was nuts for saying the eft would use Fast and Furious to push for more gun laws.

But that was one of their motive for implementing F&F in the first place

ConHog
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Of course they lib is serious. This is how liberals think CH. They use their failures to expand their failed aganda

In fact I believe you were the one who said I was nuts for saying the eft would use Fast and Furious to push for more gun laws.

But that was one of their motive for implementing F&F in the first place

No I said you were nuts when you were saying that that was their plan all along. I still don't believe they did.

Gunny
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM

The left always laughs any common sense and logic off. That's how they sneak their crap in.

red states rule
11-10-2011, 03:17 AM
No I said you were nuts when you were saying that that was their plan all along. I still don't believe they did.

I am not surprised you still don't believe it

I told you what they would say and they have said it. It is typical of liberals and this is how they operate. Everything they do is designed to expand the role and size of the Federal government

Of course Baghdad Bob said US forces were not in downtown Baghdad as the tanks rolled by his window

red states rule
11-11-2011, 04:43 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/111109holderRGB%20copy20111110120537.jpg

Little-Acorn
11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
So the are saying that all the laws thry've put in place so far, haven't worked?

Interesting admission.

But more of the same, WILL work?

ConHog
11-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I am not surprised you still don't believe it

I told you what they would say and they have said it. It is typical of liberals and this is how they operate. Everything they do is designed to expand the role and size of the Federal government

Of course Baghdad Bob said US forces were not in downtown Baghdad as the tanks rolled by his window

You misunderstand. I'm not saying they aren't taking advantage of the situation. I'm saying they didn't plan it for this purpose. For one thing, they aren't that smart.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 05:38 AM
You misunderstand. I'm not saying they aren't taking advantage of the situation. I'm saying they didn't plan it for this purpose. For one thing, they aren't that smart.

No, I do understand you. Liberals are great at thining 30 to 40 years down the road. I know damn well LBJ saw his Great Society go from a "safety net" to a King Size bed

The same with this

Every time a liberal offers up a "solution" to a problem they have it set up so in a decade or two - it will triple in size and cost. It will continue to be added to as the failures add up and the excuse will be they were not bold enough in their first proposal

It has been like this for the last 30 years