PDA

View Full Version : OWS sets up women-only tent to help cut down on rapes

red states rule
11-08-2011, 05:18 AM
Now the hippies have set up rape free zones

It’s a safe house from the sex fiends.

Zuccotti Park has become so overrun by sexual predators attacking women in the night that organizers felt compelled to set up a female-only sleeping tent yesterday to keep the sickos away.

The large, metal-framed “safety tent” -- which will be guarded by an all-female patrol -- can accommodate as many as 18 people and will be used during the day for women-only meetings, said Occupy Wall Street (http://www.nypost.com/t/Occupy_Wall_Street)organizers.

“This is all about safety in numbers,” said Becky Wartell, 24, a protester from Portland, Maine

“When you’re in a large group of people sleeping, you will, of course, feel a lot safer than if you were by yourself,” she added.

“It will also keep away people that might feel more inclined to prey on two- and three-people tents.”

The safety measure comes amid a terrifying spree of sexual assaults -- including an alleged rape -- in the Zuccotti Park camp.

Kitchen worker Tonye Iketubosin, 26, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly groping an 18-year-old woman after offering to help set up her tent. He is also a suspect in a rape at the park.

The grope victims include Kara Demetropoulos, who told The Post she was fondled in a tent last Saturday night after accepting a man’s offer of a place to sleep.

Most protesters have not been reporting all the incidents to police -- instead preferring to settle things on their own.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_park_big_top_ilBy4VfYIwDGt2I1rM33vL

Thunderknuckles
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
This is turning out to be an interesting social experiment. These OWS zones are like the beginnings of human settlements. Funny how any "progressive" notion of human society breaks down in favor of ancient tribal rules.

logroller
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
This is turning out to be an interesting social experiment. These OWS zones are like the beginnings of human settlements. Funny how any "progressive" notion of human society breaks down in favor of ancient tribal rules.

I wonder how many years it will take them to invent the wheel, roads, democracy, free-market trade with specialized occupations...

Kitchen worker Tonye Iketubosin, 26, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly groping an 18-year-old woman after offering to help set up her tent.

Sounds like a barter system. At least the hippies knew ...nobody rides for free.

fj1200
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Now the hippies have set up rape free zones

Rape-free zones, that seems to work for so many other things. :slap:

ConHog
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I thought separate but equal was illegal under the law? Guess if it's a white guy who just wants some ass, too bad huh?

Jess
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM

I watched an interesting movie about that - "The Experiment" with Forrest Whittaker and Adrien Brody.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0997152/

Gunny
11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Rape-free zones, that seems to work for so many other things. :slap:

Yeah. Like where they don't allow firearms.

Thunderknuckles
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I watched an interesting movie about that - "The Experiment" with Forrest Whittaker and Adrien Brody.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0997152/
Watched it tonight based on your post and the fact that my wife recommended it a couple of nights ago as well.
Thanks for that!

red states rule
11-09-2011, 03:37 AM
At eat now the rapists will know where the women are and will not have to guess which tent to enter

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2011, 09:08 AM
At eat now the rapists will know where the women are and will not have to guess which tent to enter
Rapists are ultimately cowards and attack only when their victims are alone and their guard is down. Their won't be any rapes occurring anywhere near this tent. Not without a major fight that alerts everyone in camp.

Gunny
11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Rapists are ultimately cowards and attack only when their victims are alone and their guard is down. Their won't be any rapes occurring anywhere near this tent. Not without a major fight that alerts everyone in camp.

You have to admit though ... the prospect of the sheeple who won't do for themselves congregating their herd in one area has to be appealing to criminals.

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2011, 09:28 AM
You have to admit though ... the prospect of the sheeple who won't do for themselves congregating their herd in one area has to be appealing to criminals.
It might be appealing but there's a reason for the success of the herd mentality and the idea of safety in numbers.

Gunny
11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
It might be appealing but there's a reason for the success of the herd mentality and the idea of safety in numbers.

There's also a reason for: The best way to not get in a bar fight is to stay out of the bar. These people should be at work instead of working at nothing but trying to get what others have earned. Then there'd be no herd to prey on.

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2011, 09:32 AM
There's also a reason for: The best way to not get in a bar fight is to stay out of the bar. These people should be at work instead of working at nothing but trying to get what others have earned. Then there'd be no herd to prey on.
An entirely different argument but yeah, I'll buy that :laugh:

Gunny
11-09-2011, 09:43 AM
An entirely different argument but yeah, I'll buy that :laugh:

Not sure what the argument is then. I see the crime (in this case rape) as symptomatic to the situation. You have a group of people protesting the fact no one's going to just hand them a cool mil from someone else's account so they can live a pampered lifestyle they haven't earned. The most work they've done by all appearances is run their mouths and wave signs and bully anyone that disagrees with their entitled mentality.

If it looks like sheep, walks like sheep and smells like sheep, the wolves are going to come.

fj1200
11-09-2011, 11:06 AM

Maybe no rapes but definitely some action I'd guess.

Thunderknuckles
11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe no rapes but definitely some action I'd guess.
Maybe this is how brothels started in the first place?
An idea born out of self defense turned profitable enterprise?
Could OWS protesters become job creators?

:cheers2:

red states rule
11-10-2011, 03:27 AM
What we are seeing the real kook base of the Dem party in all their glory. A human cesspool of drug users, rapists, and criminals demanding more "free" stuff from those of us lucky enough to have a job