PDA

View Full Version : I am the 1% - let's talk: In Defense

darin
11-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Great peace.

The more I read about, see the Goons of "Occupy", the more I'm convinced they are thugs, bums, and the worst part of society.

http://www.europac.net/commentaries/defense_1

Last week, I spent the afternoon visiting the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations in lower Manhattan. I brought a film crew and a sign that said "I Am The 1%, Let's Talk." The purpose was to understand what was motivating these protesters and try to educate them about what caused the financial crisis. I went down there with the feeling that much of their anger was justified, but broadly misdirected.
Indeed, there were plenty of heated discussions. I did little more than ask how much of my earnings I should be allowed to keep. In return, I was called an idiot, a fool, heartless, and selfish. But when we started talking about the issues, it seemed like the protesters fell into two categories: those who generally understood and agreed that Washington caused this mess, and those who could only recite Marxist talking points. It was the latter who usually resorted to calling names once I pointed out the hypocrisy of their positions. They might shout, "the banks have taken over the regulatory agencies, so we need more regulations!" Obviously, this is paradoxical. If they're blaming government for causing this problem, why would they suggest more government as the solution?

....the idea that Occupy Wall Street protesters have a right to share directly in the private profits earned by others is immoral.

Gunny
11-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Great peace.

The more I read about, see the Goons of "Occupy", the more I'm convinced they are thugs, bums, and the worst part of society.

No one's entitled to what others have earned. The entire premise of the argument is un-American, and I do NOT use that term lightly. In this case, the shoe fits.

cadet
11-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Just cause your a lazy piece of crud doesn't mean that i'm stupid for making a living. I just want to make my own money, live in my own house, and take care of my family. I plan on doing that through hard work.

Also, anybody ever forced to read "Animal Farm"? It's basically about spreading the wealth, adding more gov't control, and thus, communism starts.
If you don't like it, I hear china has a nice place for you people. My beautiful country, i like it the way it is.

fj1200
11-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm calling for these protesters to educate themselves on the causes of the current financial decline and not to waste their time attacking the wrong target.

Bam!

ConHog
11-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Just cause your a lazy piece of crud doesn't mean that i'm stupid for making a living. I just want to make my own money, live in my own house, and take care of my family. I plan on doing that through hard work.

Also, anybody ever forced to read "Animal Farm"? It's basically about spreading the wealth, adding more gov't control, and thus, communism starts.
If you don't like it, I hear china has a nice place for you people. My beautiful country, i like it the way it is.

Great book. The pig in that book was MUCH smarter than the Occupy pigs.

Gunny
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Great book. The pig in that book was MUCH smarter than the Occupy pigs.

Look at "the best" Obama has brought out in the US citizen. I've seen more weird BS in the past 3 years than the past 30. Even Carter wasn't as stupid as this moron.

ConHog
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Look at "the best" Obama has brought out in the US citizen. I've seen more weird BS in the past 3 years than the past 30. Even Carter wasn't as stupid as this moron.

Remember a year ago (roughly) when I retired from the Guard I wrote on USMB that it was because I felt sooner rather than later Obama would order US troops to move against American citizens and I was ridiculed? How ridicolous does it seem now that the military might have to do so?

cadet
11-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Remember a year ago (roughly) when I retired from the Guard I wrote on USMB that it was because I felt sooner rather than later Obama would order US troops to move against American citizens and I was ridiculed? How ridicolous does it seem now that the military might have to do so?

If this happens, it will be the one time i go against my commander and chiefs orders. I don't agree with one thing he says, which is why i'm hoping that when i do get into the Air Force, we have someone capable in charge. (and those idiots don't vote that dumb-ass in again...)

ConHog
11-11-2011, 10:20 AM
If this happens, it will be the one time i go against my commander and chiefs orders. I don't agree with one thing he says, which is why i'm hoping that when i do get into the Air Force, we have someone capable in charge. (and those idiots don't vote that dumb-ass in again...)

Luckily for me I was in a position where saying " I resign my commission" was an acceptable option. I don't believe in a single thing these knuckle heads want, but I would never condone sending in the military . Let law enforcement handle it.

cadet
11-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Luckily for me I was in a position where saying " I resign my commission" was an acceptable option. I don't believe in a single thing these knuckle heads want, but I would never condone sending in the military . Let law enforcement handle it.

Your right, we fight for our country, not against it.