PDA

View Full Version : Could Occupy Wall Street Be Time Magazine‘s ’Person of the Year’?

red states rule
11-10-2011, 04:26 AM
It owuld not surprise me if TIME made the hippies the "Person of the Year". They are desperate to try and save Obama and they would be more than happy to prop up his base any way they could

snip

This year kind of the notion of the populists, these individuals that domestically we have the Tea Party, the Occupy Wall Street movement and then internationally the Arab Spring, have been made up of individuals that are part of populist movements,” he said. “It always seems like in a year where those movements have caused the greatest world shifts an individual as the person of the year might undercut the significance of those movements made by the populists.”
Myers said he agreed Eisenberg, adding he was on Time‘s panel in 2008 when the financial crisis was starting and doesn’t think things are any better now.

“I do think that sort of ‘angry people’ are the Person of the Year because I think they’re right to be angry,” Myers said.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/08/who-should-be-times-2011-person-of-the-year-our-panel-sounds-off/?xid=gonewsedit

Noir
11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Steve jobs will get it.

red states rule
11-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Steve jobs will get it.

We will know in about a month Noir. Given the liberal media's love affair they continue to have with Obama - I would not be surprised if they go with the hippies to promote Obama's class warfare platform

logroller
11-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Oh the irony if they were...isn't one of their issues been with corporate personhood :laugh:

red states rule
11-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Oh the irony if they were...isn't one of their issues been with corporate personhood :laugh:

While the liberal media gives the hippies glowing coverage, they NEVER tell their readers/viewers what the demands of the hippies are

Of course if they did, hardly anyone would support their "cause". Even the supports of the hippies on this board have refused to comment on their demands

Which is very telling

fj1200
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM

I shall nominate the 1% as Person of the Year. Since they actually accomplish stuff.

cadet
11-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I found something in the bible that completely explains these lazy OWS folk.

"There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and tell himself that his labor is good." Ecclesiastes 2:24

Little-Acorn
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
"Person of the Year" is supposed to be for the person(s) who have done the most to influence the course of events, for better or worse, in the world. Reagan got it, Gorbachev got it, Hitler got it, Ayatollah Khomeini (granddaddy terrorist sponsor) got it, even "The Computer" got it.

The OWSers haven't influenced anyone, except for a few whiners in their parents' basements. And creating more work for the local sanitation departments.

That said, didn't they give "Person of the Year" to that guy who invented Facebook? His influence was limited to giving people some frivolous light entertainment in their spare time. So, he did something that lots of people noticed, but not anything that actually influenced events.

So, by that sentiment... the OWSers still won't get the title. Not many people have even noticed them.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 05:58 AM
"Person of the Year" is supposed to be for the person(s) who have done the most to influence the course of events, for better or worse, in the world. Reagan got it, Gorbachev got it, Hitler got it, Ayatollah Khomeini (granddaddy terrorist sponsor) got it, even "The Computer" got it.

The OWSers haven't influenced anyone, except for a few whiners in their parents' basements. And creating more work for the local sanitation departments.

That said, didn't they give "Person of the Year" to that guy who invented Facebook? His influence was limited to giving people some frivolous light entertainment in their spare time. So, he did something that lots of people noticed, but not anything that actually influenced events.

So, by that sentiment... the OWSers still won't get the title. Not many people have even noticed them.

If TIME had an once of common sense they would make the US taxpayer "Person of the Year" since the taxpayer is paying for the cleanup costs, Police OT, hospital and medical expenses, the hippies are causing