PDA

View Full Version : What A Day

red states rule
11-10-2011, 04:50 AM
What a day it was yesterday

About 2 weeks ago I had a crown put on a tooth and I thought the long nightmare of the toothache was over

Well last weekend the tooth lit up like a Christmas tree. On Monday my boss let me leave early to go to the dentist. He determined the nerve was inflamed and prescribed a pain med and an antibiotic. He seems to think that will solve the problem

Good enough. I went to Wal Mart to get the meds

Well they were out of the antibiotic and I was told I could get them anytime on Wed

Yesterday I had training for the new massive OCC Review project and the tooth was fired up. Several doses of Orajel on the tooth got me thru the day

I went to Wal Mart after work and got the meds. I was shocked the tab was over $75 but I was hurting and decided to pay it and would call the pharmacy later to verify my ins coverage

I went home popped a pill and relaxed. As I dialed the pharmacy I looked at the pill bottle and saw the gave me someone elses medication! I had just taken a drug to increase my sugar level

I went back to the pharmacy and spoke the pharmacy manager. He apologized, fixed the ins coverage, assured me there would be no side effects to taking the wrong meds, and filled my prescription at no charge, and gave me a refund on the paim med I did pick up

Botom line the tooth has settled down, and I feel much better

I also learned to ask questons on the spot if I think something is not right

So how was your day yesterday?

Kathianne
11-10-2011, 04:54 AM
That sounds a horrible day! Glad it ended better. I had nothing terrible happen yesterday, seems you own that part of the week!

red states rule
11-10-2011, 04:57 AM
That sounds a horrible day! Glad it ended better. I had nothing terrible happen yesterday, seems you own that part of the week!

When I talked to my GF she asked if I climbed all over the store manger and the RX manager. I told her no, they took care of the issue

Now if they would have given me Penicillin by mistake, I would have been in the ER or at the morgue

Other than that, there were no serious repercussions

SassyLady
11-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Nothing worse than toothaches and earaches...sorry to hear about your horrible day.

Makes mine seem not too bad .... although I did pack up all my personal belongings and loaded them in my car because I might say something in the next day or two that is really going to piss someone off and it might come down to either me walking away or someone else not coming in next week.

This person is worse than a rattlesnake ... because a rattlesnake will at least warn you before they strike.

We have a young lady that worked as a temp for four months and we hired her a month ago. I guess I pissed her off when she was working as a temp by asking her why she wasn't answering the phone. When the receptionist is away it rolls over to the assistants. I am not an assistant so it does not ring at my desk....but when it rings off the hook I will get up and go to the closest assistant and answer it. However, then I have to go back to my desk so I can look up the client's case manager and then I go back to the other desk and transfer the call.

On this particular day my boss came out and said "why isn't someone picking up the #$#!!@ phone!!!???" So I went to the other side and saw her just sitting there ignoring it and I asked her why she wasn't picking it up and she said it wasn't her turn......but all the other assistants were either on the phone or away from their desk.

Anyway, since that day she has kept a diary of every time I interact with her. Here are her three formal complaints against me:

1. I am not her supervisor, therefore, I had no right to ask her about answering the phone. She was offended.
2. At a celebration at local restaurant she sat at the other end of the table with another employee who was closer to her age ... the other five of us are all over 55 so in conversation I referred to them as teenagers (they are 22 & 25). She was offended.
3. She said I make comments about her attire (which my boss finally got her to give him specifics ... it seems that when I compliment her on how nice she looks on any given day that I'm actually trying to make a point that she doesn't dress professionally everyday). OMG!!!! When she was a temp worker she would show up (at a law firm no less) in those jeans that have the big rips in the legs ....and because I didn't tell her on that day she looked nice, and did tell her on the day she wore a suit that she looked nice........I'm being negative about those days she doesn't dress in a suit. She was offended (that I gave her compliments).

Talk about playing the "poor me/victim" card.

I am furious .... because my boss told me that I have to be careful what I say because she is "sensitive" .... I told him that effectively immediately all communication between she and I would cease except through email. Now she will probably be offended because I am "shunning" her.

Anyway, I'm packed and ready to go because I might say something to her tomorrow that gets me in trouble. And, I don't have any pain pills that can get rid of this PITA.

Abbey Marie
11-10-2011, 10:25 AM
T, which antibiotic did you get? I am asking because my husband was prescribed a strong antibiotic for bronchitis, and it appears that it caused him to pass out and hit the floor at work. Followed by lots of confusion and some memory loss, like a seizure. And an ambulance ride to the ER.

I never knew that antibiotics could wreak such havoc, but sure enough, both our primary doctor and internet med sites confirm that these are side effects of the drug.

On top of all that, the ER doctor reported it as a seizure, and now he cannot drive for 3-6 months.

Love Monkey
11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
So, how's the tooth? I recommend a soft diet for the next couple of days. Eat lots of bananas.

red states rule
11-11-2011, 02:55 AM
So, how's the tooth? I recommend a soft diet for the next couple of days. Eat lots of bananas.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. The tooth is much better - just a very slight tingle now and then.

Abbey, the drug is Metoprolol Tart 100mg - and I take one pill twice a day. No side effects for me that I can see/feel

I do hope your husband is OK and they find out what happened. As always you and your fmaily is in my thoughts and prayers