PDA

View Full Version : What does Iran Want?

revelarts
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10936

I can barely stand to watch Charlie rose but sometimes it's worth it.

Interview with the Leverett's. Iranian experts former State dept and CIA people under both Bushs and Clinton
Interesting conversation.

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2011, 01:07 PM
In short, they want the destruction of Israel and the dawn of a new Persian Empire lead by the great Xerxes Ahmadinejad.

revelarts
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
In short, they want the destruction of Israel and the dawn of a new Persian Empire lead by the great Xerxes Ahmadinejad.

:lol:

fj1200
11-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Interview with the Leverett's. Iranian experts former State dept and CIA people under both Bushs and Clinton
Interesting conversation.

Cliff notes?

ConHog
11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
in short, they want the destruction of israel and the dawn of a new persian empire lead by the great xerxes ahmadinejad.

lol

Noir
11-10-2011, 03:57 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/ahmadine.jpg

revelarts
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Cliff notes?

•Iranians Strategic defense plans do not include aggressive action against Israel.
•Iranians have almost as many enemies in the region as Israel.
•Iranian politicians/Mulahs/leadership are open to a U.S. Iranian relationship similar to the ones forged by Nixon with Kissinger China and Carter with Egypt.
•Egypt had a leader that Spoke regularly about the destruction of Israel and actually attacked Israel and on occasions killed Israelis But somehow they became the LEAST likely to attack Israel.
•There's no need for constant western belligerence to move Iran to a similar position.

poor summery but those are some highlights

jimnyc
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM
And yet the IAEA has just reported their findings that Iran is building a nuclear test facility, nuclear detonators & computer models on how to best fit the nuclear weapons on their current missiles. Those poor misunderstood Iranians!

logroller
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
And yet the IAEA has just reported their findings that Iran is building a nuclear test facility, nuclear detonators & computer models on how to best fit the nuclear weapons on their current missiles. Those poor misunderstood Iranians!

So---what's to understand? It doesn't mean they'll use them. I've all the equipment to rape and murder-- doesn't mean I'll do it.

How many countries have nuclear weapons? Of those, how many have used them in an act of war?

Only the US enjoys that honor...and why haven't there been more? because now, doing so is MAD, Iran knows this.

Besides, when was the last time Iran engaged in an unprovoked attack of another country?

jimnyc
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
So---what's to understand? It doesn't mean they'll use them. I've all the equipment to rape and murder-- doesn't mean I'll do it.

How many countries have nuclear weapons? Of those, how many have used them in an act of war?

Only the US enjoys that honor...and why haven't there been more? because now, doing so is MAD, Iran knows this.

Besides, when was the last time Iran engaged in an unprovoked attack of another country?

If it were all that easily stated - then Iran wouldn't be lying about their desire to build a nuclear weapon. They have stated many times over that they are doing no such thing, but once again we are shown differently. And I'm not comforted with the knowledge that only 1 country in history has used a nuclear weapon - as if the 2nd time it happening would be any less destructive?

Nukeman
11-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Besides, when was the last time Iran engaged in an unprovoked attack of another country?OK here's my tinfoil hat moment. Iran and by Iran I mean Almedinjihad wants nothing less than to bring the "Great Satan" also known to the rest of the world as the USA to its knees. I think that with the comments of wanting to "patrol" right off our cost as we do to other nations they are positioning themselves to launch a preemptive strike that will cripple us for years if not a full decade. All they need to do is get within 20 miles of the US coast and launch one of their SCUD type missiles with a nuclear warhead and detonate it about 100 miles up.. This will cause a MASSIVE EMP surge throughout our electric grid that is NOT protected at this time and will fry all of our electronics in the process. This will effectively set us back to 1870 in the blink of an eye.

That my friends is MY fear of what they are attempting to do and want. As soon as we are out of the picture how long do you think it would take for the rest of the Arab nations to band together to attack Israel???

The little lunatic over there has been stating for years that he is going to help herald in the 12th Iman and make the end of times happen... So you guys can say he wants relations with us all you want but I think its all a ruse!!!!! IMHO

Ok my tinfoil hat just came off:tinfoil:

revelarts
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Israel denies it's nuclear weapons as well, good for the goose.
Crazy north Korea has nukes, they used them to take over the world yet?
Turkey has access to some of our Nukes, Even the peaceful ol non-aggressive state of Germany has nukes. India and Pakistan hate each others guts, real deep hate, they both have had nukes for what twenty years or so, but no nuclear firestorm.

Even if the current president did go Crazy -in the 3 years he has left- for the 12th iman and emp the east coast to 1870, they KNOW that there are nuclear subs in the med that can counter strike and turn iran into a parking lot before they can say Jihad 3 times.

I wish the things had never been made at all but M.A.D. does seem to keep even the "mad" from using them. So far at least.
There are no guarantees but there's no real evidence that Iran would be the 2nd nation in the world to use nukes.

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/ahmadine.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
OMG, that had me rollin' hard. Thank you!

Gunny
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
•Iranians Strategic defense plans do not include aggressive action against Israel.
•Iranians have almost as many enemies in the region as Israel.
•Iranian politicians/Mulahs/leadership are open to a U.S. Iranian relationship similar to the ones forged by Nixon with Kissinger China and Carter with Egypt.
•Egypt had a leader that Spoke regularly about the destruction of Israel and actually attacked Israel and on occasions killed Israelis But somehow they became the LEAST likely to attack Israel.
•There's no need for constant western belligerence to move Iran to a similar position.

poor summery but those are some highlights

You mean other than completely supporting Hezbollah?

red states rule
11-11-2011, 05:18 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg110911dAPR20111109054629.jpg

revelarts
11-11-2011, 06:50 AM
You mean other than completely supporting Hezbollah?

hmm well they have supported Hezbollah.
No ones claiming that things will be perfect but remember most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia and that the Pakistani ISI wired Atta money but somehow we've still got decent relations with both of those corrupt regimes.
Not to mention that the U.S. has supported Bin Laden and alquida pre 9/11 (at least) and supplied support to Saddam and any other terrorist orgs we've thought useful around the world. Including one that's active in Iran today.
I'm not saying that I like any of it but if Israel or the U.S. has military problems with Hezbollah then deal with Hezbollah and expose the connections but... whats good for the goose.