PDA

View Full Version : House Overwhelming Rejects Bush Plan For Unfettered Mexican Trucking In US

Psychoblues
05-15-2007, 11:43 PM
The hypocrisy is unending. Just read some of these remarks by Republicans!!!!!!!!

By Jesse J. Holland
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON – The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to delay a Bush administration plan to allow Mexican trucks full access to U.S. highways.
The trucks would have to be declared safe first, the lawmakers said, and Mexico would have to give U.S. truckers the same access south of the border.

Advertisement The House voted 411-3 to approve a three-year Department of Transportation pilot program that would restrict opening the border to 100 carriers based in Mexico. They would be allowed to use a maximum of 1,000 vehicles under the pilot program.

The Bush administration wanted to start a pilot program this year that would run for a year before fully opening the border to Mexican trucks.

The House bill, however, specifies criteria for the pilot program before it can start, including setting up an independent panel to evaluate the test program and getting certification from the inspector general that safety and inspection requirements have been met.

The Department of Transportation says it could be as late as 2008 before Congress's criteria are met, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Lawmakers said their major concern is whether Mexican trucks, often older than U.S. cargo vehicles, and Mexican drivers will be able to meet rigorous U.S. safety standards.
“We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways,” said Rep. Robin Hayes, R-N.C.

American trucking companies have spent years getting their vehicles up to the Transportation Department standards, lawmakers said. Letting Mexican trucks across the border without making them meet those standards is wrong, they said.
“We're going to have a major accident somewhere, and people are going to say, 'How did this happen?” said Rep. Bob Filner, D-Calif.

Added Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich: “We need to ensure that this program only takes places after the Mexican companies meet the same conditions that American companies do.”

Lawmakers also complained that allowing Mexican trucks greater access will cost American truckers their jobs.

More: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/20070515-1348-mexicantrucks.html

I suspect this battle to be settled under the next presidency. The hypocritical Repubs just can’t take the heat.

stephanie
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
This is one thing...I can :clap: at for the house...right now..

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 11:52 PM
This is one thing...I can :clap: at for the house...right now..

Amen--keep those pieces of shit from drivin thru my town !!!! I-35 in Austin already looks like a train wreck !!

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 01:02 AM
You do realize that your thinking is totally opposed to the thinking of your pResident, don't you?

Amen--keep those pieces of shit from drivin thru my town !!!! I-35 in Austin already looks like a train wreck !!

The shrub is not at all concerned with train wrecks, ship wrecks, military misadventures or even loss of manufacturing jobs in the US. It's all about the money and how he can keep the peons from raining on his parade. Can you dig it? I doubt it, but my hope remains.

stephanie
05-16-2007, 01:10 AM
You do realize that your thinking is totally opposed to the thinking of your president, don't you?

The shrub is not at all concerned with train wrecks, ship wrecks, military misadventures or even loss of manufacturing jobs in the US. It's all about the money and how he can keep the peons from raining on his parade. Can you dig it? I doubt it, but my hope remains.

(sigh).......yes psycho........We all are not......Bushbots.......Sheeeeeesh..

We all disagree with this President.....
We're not like you all who still........stand behind the Adulterer, liar, lover of of young girls the same age as his daughter.........:poke:

So...don't act so...shocked....

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 02:08 AM
The relationship of Bill Clinton, and I am quite certain that you still blame Bill Clinton for all of gwb's fuck ups, and his family are off limits to me and most other Americans. We tried to tell you all but you would not listen.

We're not like you all who still........stand behind the Adulterer, liar, lover of of young girls the same age as his daughter.........:poke:

And certainly, I am not at all "shocked" and have not acted as such though you would have preferred that I did.

stephanie
05-16-2007, 02:13 AM
The relationship of Bill Clinton, and I am quite certain that you still blame Bill Clinton for all of gwb's fuck ups, and his family are off limits to me and most other Americans. We tried to tell you all but you would not listen.

And certainly, I am not at all "shocked" and have not acted as such though you would have preferred that I did.

:laugh2::cheers2:

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Soooo, it's back to the Lounge for you.

:laugh2::cheers2:

I must be a prophet. I anticipated exactly what you would do!!!!!!!!! I am sure others did as well so I won't pat myself on the back too firmly!!!!!!!!

stephanie
05-16-2007, 03:49 AM

I must be a prophet. I anticipated exactly what you would do!!!!!!!!! I am sure others did as well so I won't pat myself on the back too firmly!!!!!!!!

Yea.......you win.....a person actually, gets tired of trying to talk some sense at you......So yes......I give up........You Win..
:dance::laugh2: :clap:

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 04:23 AM
I never win when I am talking to an idiot or a drunk, staphy.

Yea.......you win.....a person actually, gets tired of trying to talk some sense at you......So yes......I give up........You Win..
:dance::laugh2: :clap:

Dig it?

Doniston
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM

HMM, adulterer, liar, Yup, ----but what is wrong with being a lover of younger girls? (of legal age of course).

For a short time, I was married to a girl younger than ANY of my children-- no harm, no foul.

theHawk
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
We've been fighting this shit in Texas for quite some time now. Gov Perry here is pushing for it, the citizens are fighting back.

Just say NO to the Trans Texas Corridor and the asswipe politicians like Perry trying to force it despite the public outcry over it.

http://satollparty.com/

Dilloduck
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM

I appreciate you explaining to Mr. Psychotic what we all have been trying to tell the moonbats here for years now. We don't worship the ground Bush walks on are intelligent enough to separate the man from where he stands on issues. If one wishes to look for blind, hate-the-man, dogmatic politics, the party of liberals is the place to start looking. They cannot make the distintiction between a man and his ideology.

TheStripey1
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM

pssssssst, stephie... chelsea was underage at the time that her daddy was getting his weenie sucked by an adult woman...

But there are a lot of republicans that don't care about the age of the people they screw. This one for instance...

Bad bad republican (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=43142&postcount=78)

And there are a lot more where he came from. I think I might just start a thread about perverted republicans. Y'all up for it?

TheStripey1
05-16-2007, 08:52 PM

I'd purrfurr it if you were a psychic...

what are this week's lottery numbers?

TheStripey1
05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Topic? sure I can post on the topic...

Good job, House.

loosecannon
05-16-2007, 09:00 PM
We've been fighting this shit in Texas for quite some time now. Gov Perry here is pushing for it, the citizens are fighting back.

Just say NO to the Trans Texas Corridor and the asswipe politicians like Perry trying to force it despite the public outcry over it.

http://satollparty.com/

How in the fuck can these politicos even use the words "War on Terror" and then try to open the borders to unlimited Mexican truck traffic?

Are they crazy, full of shit or do they think we are a nation that couldn't graduate from HS?

loosecannon
05-16-2007, 10:14 PM
And there are a lot more where he came from. I think I might just start a thread about perverted republicans. Y'all up for it?

I thought all republicans were corrupt/perverted?

shattered
05-16-2007, 10:16 PM

:poke: Takes one to know one.. :)

loosecannon
05-16-2007, 10:20 PM
:poke: Takes one to know one.. :)

I don't know a single GOP pol.

You?

TheStripey1
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM

No... of course not... but there are quite a few republicans that I wouldn't want to be associated with in any way. And they call themselves the Party of Family Values... sure... you betcha... if your family is really screwed up...

mine isn't, and I'm sure that everyone's family here isn't either...

but, dang... there are some REAL dooozys... like that asshole I mentioned earlier... and hey, loose... did ya hear about that Neil Horsley fellow? He's that anti-abortionist activist used to have sex with his family mule.. can you believe that? what a fucking sicko...

Yurt
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I thought all [republicans] were corrupt/perverted?

You misspelled democrats....

Yurt
05-17-2007, 07:18 PM
What puzzles me is that how can anyone defend Bush's position on this.

Dilloduck
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM

A few people will get rich off it--they support it.

TheStripey1
05-18-2007, 02:05 PM

no one I know has... and I haven't seen any support for it on the other boards I post at and I don't think anyone here has, either... where did you see someone defending it? Put up the link. Let's go give them a talking to, shall we?

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-026.gif

TheStripey1
05-18-2007, 02:07 PM
A few people will get rich off it--they support it.

ahhhhh, the good ol' bottom line... take jobs from americans, make our roads less safe and a few rich assholes get richer... yep, ya gotta love those cheap labor conservatives.

NOT!