PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Mayor Chooses Occupy Rally Over Veterans Day Memorial

red states rule
11-12-2011, 06:58 AM
It has taken some time, but now some elected Dems are shoing where their real loyalites lie

In this case, here is a Dem that gave a one finger salute to our vets so she could could snuggle up with the hippies

Richmond Mayor Gayle McLaughlin will skip a Veterans Day memorial to attend an Occupy rally, a decision that is drawing criticism.

Chevron and the Richmond Museum Association are sponsoring a Veterans Day salute Friday featuring a re-enactment of the launch of a World War II-era ship at the Richmond shipyards.
McLaughlin noted that the city is not sponsoring the event, and said that the Occupy rally will honor Scott Olsen, the Iraq War veteran injured while protesting with Occupy Oakland.

"I choose to honor our veterans, not only on Veteran's Day, but daily, by supporting an end to military warfare to prevent further fighting and dying in needless wars," McLaughlin wrote in an email. "I am a strong supporter of Veterans for Peace and Iraq Vets Against the War."

The Occupy rally, which organizers are calling a "speak out," is scheduled for 11 a.m. That is the same time as the Veterans Day events, which are always held at the eleventh hour on the 11th day of November to commemorate the end of World War I.

Jeff Rubin, who organizes Pinole's Veterans Day memorial, denounced McLaughlin's choice and criticized an email blast she sent over the weekend urging residents to attend the rally with her.

"She has very little respect for the country and traditions," Rubin said. "Everything with her is political. I think the day was picked on purpose."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19300803

fj1200
11-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Seems consistent given her statements and her proximity to Berkeley.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Seems consistent given her statements and her proximity to Berkeley.

That is why if terrorists ever attack the state of CA the US military stands on the state border and refuses to enter the state

Let the libs go at it all alone

fj1200
11-12-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm sure some liberal and/or California members will stand in defense.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm sure some liberal and/or California members will stand in defense.

The same way when the hippies are being raped or mugged and yelling for the Police, the cops would stand there and say "There is noone here but us pigs"

fj1200
11-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Even idiots are entitled to police protection.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Even idiots are entitled to police protection.

In the case of the hippies they are entitled. but only after some time has passed :laugh:

red states rule
11-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Why would any liberal want to spend time with patriotic heros who have defended America when they can spend time with deseased filthy hippies who are living in a cesspool of slime?

Another liberal spits in the face of our vets

There is really no surprise here

Abbey Marie
11-12-2011, 09:31 AM
McLaughlin wrote in an email. "I am a strong supporter of Veterans for Peace and Iraq Vets Against the War."

Kind of like supporting butchers for vegetarianism. Doesn't make much sense, and I'd like her to imagine where we'd be now if our WWII vets felt that way at the time.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Kind of like supporting butchers for vegetarianism. doesn't make much sense, and I'd like her to imagine where we'd be now if our WWII vets felt that way at the time.

Or like chickens supporting Col Sanders

I am sure Virgil would be "honored" to work on her re-election staff

LuvRPgrl
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
It has taken some time, but now some elected Dems are shoing where their real loyalites lie

In this case, here is a Dem that gave a one finger salute to our vets so she could could snuggle up with the hippies

In order to honor vets, one must enter in to a box, inside that box, there are no opinions on the war.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
In order to honor vets, one must enter in to a box, inside that box, there are no opinions on the war.

and since most of the military vote goes to Rpeublicans, there really is no political incentive for a liberal to honor our vets

Now the hippies will vote for Dems if they think they will get more freebies handed to them via more government programs