PDA

View Full Version : NPR Reporter - Cain Willing to Be A Minstrel For White Republicnas

red states rule
11-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I wish the liberals would please tell me again why taxpayer money is being used to fuind NPR, and how racism is a terrible thing

Here we have more "objective journalism" from the liberal media and we the taxpayers are paying for it

On the same Morning Edition broadcast that made time to honor Obama's tender concern for veterans (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/11/12/npr-makes-time-veterans-day-tributeto-obama), black NPR reporter/Obama supporter Karen Grigsby Bates ripped into Herman Cain (http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=142218107) with a chorus of condemnation from black liberals.

Harvard professor Randall Kennedy claimed “Black people know that if Herman Cain had his way, their lives would be diminished.” Former Time reporter Jack E. White added “Herman Cain tells them what they want to hear about blacks, and in turn, they embrace him and say, see, that proves we aren't racist. He's even willing to be a minstrel for them.”

Would anyone be surprised to know that Bates was ecstatic at the ascension of Barack Obama to the presidency? At the black liberal site The Root (owned by the Washington Post) on January 22, 2009, Bates urged whites to stop congratulating blacks, when they should congratulate everyone for installing the Almighty Obama:

Now, somewhere between Election Day and Inauguration Day, “my” president has become “our” president. And this is an excellent thing. On Inauguration Day, we heard scores of people on the Mall, in pundits’ chairs, and in diners, parks and churches around the country offering hopeful prayers and best wishes to the man who had become the nation’s head of state.

For all that, some well-intentioned people haven’t quite gotten out of the old habit. They’ll still offer their black friends, acquaintances and even strangers congratulations for Barack Obama’s history-making first. For some, it will take a little time to make the transition from “you” to “us.”

They will get there. In the interim, be gracious—but gently correct them: “Congratulations to you, too. Congratulations to all of us—he’s our new president.”

NPR but on the Bates attack ad -- I wouldn't call it a "news story" -- with the excuse that Cain wasn't gaining traction with black voters -- as if black voters are so numerous in Republican primaries that it's an obstacle. NPR anchor Steve Inskeep introduced the attack: "Herman Cain's supporters may be sticking by him, but he's not been able to break through with one group -- black voters. Polls show his candidacy has very little support among African-Americans. NPR's Karen Grigsby Bates has this story about Herman Cain and the politics of race."

NPR didn't feel the need to cite any poll numbers. It was just time to start throwing stones.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/11/12/black-npr-reporter-rips-cain-willing-be-minstrel-white-republicans#ixzz1dSiV0s6p