PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR joins the political game

Jeff
11-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't Obama's desperate try for votes is pathetic , the NASCAR fans wont fall for this

Billed as part of first lady Michelle Obama’s “Joining Forces” initiative for military families — and perhaps as a way to woo average American voters — Mrs. Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden, will serve as Grand Marshals of the November 20 season-ending NASCAR Ford 400.

http://patriotupdate.com/14516/michelle-obama-to-serve-as-grand-marshal-of-nascar

jimnyc
11-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Don't worry, Michelle won't stand out against 150,000 rednecks! :lol:

And fu%$ Nascar too. I wanted JJ to get his 6th straight and instead I have to watch that bloated piece of crap Stewart chase Edwards. I hope Stewart crashes in one of these last 2 and Carl gets the trophy.

logroller
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
There are black Nascar fans, few admittedly, but some. Curiously, most all I've seen are Dale Jr fans.

jimnyc
11-12-2011, 06:17 PM
There are black Nascar fans, few admittedly, but some. Curiously, most all I've seen are Dale Jr fans.

Ok, Michelle and 149,900 rednecks! :laugh2:

Dale has more fans, easily, than any other driver. It blows my mind too as he pretty much sucks. At first I blamed it on Budweiser, as maybe they were just fans because of the sponsor, but they're still following him. I did learn to like him and respect him more over the past 6-7yrs though. I thought he was a bit of a prick for awhile but he's seemed to mature a lot over the years.

Psychoblues
11-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Have any of you ever been to a Nascar race? There are a good number of black fans and their money is as green as any. Nascar, as a private entity interested in profits, should be expected to pander to whatever group they are trying to attract in order to embellish that bottom line. In 2011 it seems that there are fewer and fewer places for "rednecks" and their like to find refuge.

As business people of any description, fuck a damned ignorant and typically broke redneck. The appointment by Nascar of 1st lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden as Honorary Grand Marshals for the season ending race is just plain ol' genius and any resentment of that should be totally ignored and considered manifest stupidity.

Redneckness has got to be a disease.
You catch it on your fingers
And it crawls right up your sleeves

Lyle Lovette

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, Michelle won't stand out against 150,000 rednecks! :lol:

And fu%$ Nascar too. I wanted JJ to get his 6th straight and instead I have to watch that bloated piece of crap Stewart chase Edwards. I hope Stewart crashes in one of these last 2 and Carl gets the trophy.

JJ is hawt. Did you say something else? :cool:

logroller
11-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Ok, Michelle and 149,900 rednecks! :laugh2:

Dale has more fans, easily, than any other driver. It blows my mind too as he pretty much sucks. At first I blamed it on Budweiser, as maybe they were just fans because of the sponsor, but they're still following him. I did learn to like him and respect him more over the past 6-7yrs though. I thought he was a bit of a prick for awhile but he's seemed to mature a lot over the years.

Nascar fans are die-hard committed to their drivers and their sponsors; more so than any other sport IMHO. I had a friend who was a Jeff Gordon fan(sponsored by dupont and pepsi, in case you didn't know). He had a whole room dedicated to Nascar, die cast cars on a wraparound shelf, used autographed track tires made into tables. #24 dupont Hood on the wall and matching walls and couch-- the whole nine. I remember one day he was telling me about how good Dasani water was, how it tasted better than any other water. I asked him, "you know that's a Coke product, right?"--Never saw it at his house again. It blew my mind, he was willing to forgo a product he thought was superior, because it didn't support his favorite team. That's the power of marketing I guess.

Jeff
11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Have any of you ever been to a Nascar race? There are a good number of black fans and their money is as green as any. Nascar, as a private entity interested in profits, should be expected to pander to whatever group they are trying to attract in order to embellish that bottom line. In 2011 it seems that there are fewer and fewer places for "rednecks" and their like to find refuge.

As business people of any description, fuck a damned ignorant and typically broke redneck. The appointment by Nascar of 1st lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden as Honorary Grand Marshals for the season ending race is just plain ol' genius and any resentment of that should be totally ignored and considered manifest stupidity.

Redneckness has got to be a disease.
You catch it on your fingers
And it crawls right up your sleeves

Lyle Lovette

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

I have been to a few races and your exactly right there are black race fans but they are there to watch a race not play political games and if they are there then more than likely they didn't buy into all that hope and change trash , color means nothing to that class of black folk so why would they or the broke rednecks give a dam about Obama ? AS a matter of fact they are the intelligent or at least the most down to earth that cant wait to get the Obama's out of the White house like the rest of the real world

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I have been to a few races and your exactly right there are black race fans but they are there to watch a race not play political games and if they are there then more than likely they didn't buy into all that hope and change trash , color means nothing to that class of black folk so why would they or the broke rednecks give a dam about Obama ? AS a matter of fact they are the intelligent or at least the most down to earth that cant wait to get the Obama's out of the White house like the rest of the real world

PB thinks he's the only one in the world who watches Nascar or has attended an event. These fans will be so wound up as usual for the race that they aren't gonna give a crap about politicians wives. I'll be thrilled to watch the pre-race lead prayer but will be refilling my beverage when the food lecturing, fat eating beotch comes on the air.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Nascar fans are die-hard committed to their drivers and their sponsors; more so than any other sport IMHO. I had a friend who was a Jeff Gordon fan(sponsored by dupont and pepsi, in case you didn't know). He had a whole room dedicated to Nascar, die cast cars on a wraparound shelf, used autographed track tires made into tables. #24 dupont Hood on the wall and matching walls and couch-- the whole nine. I remember one day he was telling me about how good Dasani water was, how it tasted better than any other water. I asked him, "you know that's a Coke product, right?"--Never saw it at his house again. It blew my mind, he was willing to forgo a product he thought was superior, because it didn't support his favorite team. That's the power of marketing I guess.

That's hilarious! And reminds me of myself. LOL I have just about everything ever made that is in "Black and Gold" or says "Steelers" on it. I don't care about sponsors though. The Steelers stadium is "Heinz Field", and I do my best not to purchase their products based on the lunacy of Teresa.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh, and I do try and shop at Lowe's instead of Home Depot. I do so as a Jimmie fan!!

sundaydriver
11-13-2011, 09:30 AM
I stopped using Tide detergent when they pulled the their sponsorship from Ricky Rudd and gave it to "ol" DW.

But anyway, NASCAR has had politicians and candidates at the races for many decades. Wallace, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and even Cindy McCain. The only time I saw the fans actually care was when I was at Daytona in 84 when Air force One came in to view while landing at the airport behind the backstretch with Reagan aboard.

logroller
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
That's hilarious! And reminds me of myself. LOL I have just about everything ever made that is in "Black and Gold" or says "Steelers" on it. I don't care about sponsors though. The Steelers stadium is "Heinz Field", and I do my best not to purchase their products based on the lunacy of Teresa.

Oh, and I do try and shop at Lowe's instead of Home Depot. I do so as a Jimmie fan!!

Exactly. Nascar fans are more committed. We shall see if politics can make an impact. I too am a Jimmie fan, and I don't shop at homedepot except for lumber, because they support FSC.org, a private sustainability certification org. I still have my contractors license and buy through the pro desk and I always tell them why i buy their lumber.

Jeff
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I stopped using Tide detergent when they pulled the their sponsorship from Ricky Rudd and gave it to "ol" DW.

But anyway, NASCAR has had politicians and candidates at the races for many decades. Wallace, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and even Cindy McCain. The only time I saw the fans actually care was when I was at Daytona in 84 when Air force One came in to view while landing at the airport behind the backstretch with Reagan aboard.

They still show that clip on TV sdd , if I remember right the Presidents was the Grand Marshall that day and started things via a phone on Air Force One ,But with fuel so high allot of those damned ignorant and typically broke rednecks( as PB calls them ) can hardly afford gas to get back and forth from work let alone go to a race ,the economy where it is, unemployment as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets heckled , I am sure as most fans are Obama's feels the same way towards them as PB does , but one thing I am sure of is she wont be greeted as a Rock Star as her and her husband believe they are. Also on the minds of these fans are some of the drivers from the chase last year that wouldn't go meet him , they felt with the shape of this country maybe Obama ought to be doing something instead of having parties,( wow PB the fans aren't as ignorant as you thought )

And PB if I remember right aren't you a major fan of the Saturday night dirt track ? I love them also but lets face it most of those fans well lets just say Saturday night PARTY :rolleyes:

SassyLady
11-15-2011, 01:06 AM
I was rooting for JJ all year......or any of the Hendrick drivers. I got interested in the Hendrick team years ago because one of their sponsors is the National Guard.....plus Jimmy, Jeff, Dale and Mark are all very handsome men. I think I showed you guys a pic of my ex on the helicopter that picked up Dale's team and took them to the infield at Infinion a couple of years ago.

Too bad they all had major problems at Phoenix.

Edwards or Stewart? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....I think Edwards. Stewart seems more likable now, but he burned his bridges years ago and I just can't get behind him.

As for going to the races .... been in the infield many times, exciting but would much rather watch on TV.

PS.....I will be skipping all the pre-race activities.....delicate stomach these days and don't want to ruin the day.

logroller
11-15-2011, 03:14 AM
I was rooting for JJ all year......or any of the Hendrick drivers. I got interested in the Hendrick team years ago because one of their sponsors is the National Guard.....plus Jimmy, Jeff, Dale and Mark are all very handsome men. I think I showed you guys a pic of my ex on the helicopter that picked up Dale's team and took them to the infield at Infinion a couple of years ago.

Too bad they all had major problems at Phoenix.

Edwards or Stewart? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....I think Edwards. Stewart seems more likable now, but he burned his bridges years ago and I just can't get behind him.

As for going to the races .... been in the infield many times, exciting but would much rather watch on TV.

PS.....I will be skipping all the pre-race activities.....delicate stomach these days and don't want to ruin the day.

Ditto, though I still enjoy the pre-race fun. Tailgating with a satellite feed, best of both worlds IMO.

red states rule
11-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Anyone remember this story how libs were told to get immunized before going to a NASCAR event?

Maybe Michelle will have this done under Obmacare before she goes

Congress considers Concord hazardous? {Immunizations urged before attending NASCAR???] (http://www.debatepolicy.com/posts)

<SMALL>charlotte.com ^ (http://www.debatepolicy.com/%5Ehttp://www.charlotte.com/109/v-print/story/314034.html) | 11-Oct-2007 | LISA ZAGAROLI
</SMALL>
<SMALL>Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:10:10 AM by steve86
(http://www.debatepolicy.com/~steve86/)</SMALL>

NASCAR fans might seem rabid, but are they actually contagious?

Getting a hepatitis shot is standard procedure for travelers to parts of Africa and Asia, but some congressional aides were instructed to get immunized before going to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord and the racetrack in Talladega, Ala.

The House Homeland Security Committee planned a fact-finding trip about public health preparedness at mass gatherings and decided to conduct the research at two of the nation's most heavily attended sporting events, NASCAR's Bank of America 500 event this weekend and the UAW-Ford 500 last weekend.

Staff who organized the trips advised the NASCAR-bound aides to get a range of vaccines before attending -- hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza.

Rep. Robin Hayes, a Republican from Concord, took umbrage when he heard about it.

"I have never heard of immunizations for domestic travel, and as the representative for Concord, N.C., I feel compelled to ask why the heck the committee feels that immunizations are needed to travel to my hometown," Hayes said in an Oct. 5 letter to Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., who chairs the Homeland Security panel.
"I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," Hayes added.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1909802/posts

Love Monkey
11-15-2011, 02:17 PM
LOL. I bet neither of them have ever watched more than 30 seconds of any NASCAR race. ROFLMAO. Just more political horse shit from the left.

red states rule
11-16-2011, 02:51 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/9858

SassyLady
11-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Due to the rain delay, my recording stopped with 15 laps to go so I didn't get to see the end of the race. Heard Stewart won, creating a tie for the Sprint Cup and because he won more races in the championship race, he got the title. Didn't get to see any of the post race interviews. Hope someone else did

red states rule
11-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Looks like Michelle and Jill Biden were booed at the race

The cheers for members of the US military quickly stopped when they were introduced

<IFRAME height=421 marginHeight=0 src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?content=ZSFXD221BDHH9VX5&layout=&content_type=content_item&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowTransparency marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

red states rule
11-21-2011, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=red states rule;505865]Was Michelle Obama and Jill Biden booed at the race? The cheers for members of the US military stopped when Michelle and Jill were intorduced to the crowd

<IFRAME height=421 marginHeight=0 src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?content=ZSFXD221BDHH9VX5&layout=&content_type=content_item&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowTransparency marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Jeff
11-24-2011, 11:03 PM
It was a beautiful thing to hear the crowd cheering and as soon as they mentioned the first lady it got erie quiet until the Booing started :laugh:

I wonder when they will attend the next race :laugh:

red states rule
11-25-2011, 01:50 AM
It was a beautiful thing to hear the crowd cheering and as soon as they mentioned the first lady it got erie quiet until the Booing started :laugh:

I wonder when they will attend the next race :laugh:

The liberal media is not happy with the crowd Jeff

Road rage: Michelle Obama gets frosty reception from NASCAR crowd as she's BOOED by fans before race as she honoured U.S. troops

A day at the races quickly turned ugly for Michelle Obama and Jill Biden as they were booed before kicking off NASCAR’s season finale in Florida.
The First Lady and the Vice President’s wife were on hand at the race yesterday to honour military troops and their families through Mrs Obama's Joining Forces program.

But as their arrival was announced to say the ceremonial 'Gentleman, start your engines,' a chorus of loud booing could be heard above the cheers in the crowd.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2064084/Michelle-Obama-booed-First-Lady-gets-frosty-reception-NASCAR-crowd.html#ixzz1ehIsw9lY

fj1200
11-25-2011, 08:27 AM

But as their arrival was announced to say the ceremonial 'Gentleman, start your engines,' a chorus of loud booing could be heard above the cheers in the crowd.

Barry and Joe are going to pay for that. :laugh:

red states rule
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Barry and Joe are going to pay for that. :laugh:

They probably gave the hubbies an earfull later that night

Who would send their wives into hostile territory like that?

Jeff
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM

RSR do we really care what makes the fruit cakes happy ? :laugh:

red states rule
11-28-2011, 04:06 AM
RSR do we really care what makes the fruit cakes happy ? :laugh:

I rather enjoy watching them get pissed off Jeff

I loved watching MSNBC on the night of the 2010 midterm. It was like they covering a funeral:laugh2:

Psychoblues
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I bet there was a thousand tons of trash at that race. White trash. I'm glad I missed it. I bet the stench of rotting teeth, beer breath and turnip green farts was overwhelming.

Psychoblues

jimnyc
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
I bet the stench of rotting teeth, beer breath and turnip green farts was overwhelming.

Psychoblues

And then the honorary gorilla was lead off the infield and the race started.

red states rule
12-05-2011, 04:38 AM
I bet there was a thousand tons of trash at that race. White trash. I'm glad I missed it. I bet the stench of rotting teeth, beer breath and turnip green farts was overwhelming.

Psychoblues

PB, we are not taking about the hippies and OWS movement. Please make sure you are posting on the right thread in the future OK?

Psychoblues
12-05-2011, 11:41 PM
PB, we are not taking about the hippies and OWS movement. Please make sure you are posting on the right thread in the future OK?

Lets see, rotten teeth, beer breath, turnip green farts, ignorant assed white trash booing the first lady, nope, I think I'm in the correct thread.

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Lets see, rotten teeth, beer breath, turnip green farts, ignorant assed white trash booing the first lady, nope, I think I'm in the correct thread.

Psychoblues

Yea, seems to be the hippies at their "best" PB. These hippies make you swell with pride, don't they PB?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gfYlk7i1XMM/TsF3PlnkhAI/AAAAAAAAFGA/zy-aGJwNm2k/s1600/ows-nyc-zuccotti-park-campout-oct-2011.jpg

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002253793/262179696_12179_occupy_wall_street_ows_dumping_fla g_xlarge.jpeg

Psychoblues
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Yea, seems to be the hippies at their "best" PB. These hippies make you swell with pride, don't they PB?

Well, I've been to war a few times to protect that freedom and I dedicate my life to exposing the unAmerican peoples and practices that would in any way stifle our constitutional rights, especially our 1st amendment rights. And I HAVE been informed just recently this website does not support freedom of speech and a lot more freedoms that at least our constitution provides. That's OK. It doesn't have to do that. This is a private and voluntary participation website that is certainly free to set it's own boundaries regardless of American rights and traditions. It would be very nice to know that coming in, don't you agree, red?

Psychoblues

jimnyc
12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, I've been to war a few times to protect that freedom and I dedicate my life to exposing the unAmerican peoples and practices that would in any way stifle our constitutional rights, especially our 1st amendment rights. And I HAVE been informed just recently this website does not support freedom of speech and a lot more freedoms that at least our constitution provides. That's OK. It doesn't have to do that. This is a private and voluntary participation website that is certainly free to set it's own boundaries regardless of American rights and traditions. It would be very nice to know that coming in, don't you agree, red?

Psychoblues

Asking you to refrain from calling members names, in an unprovoked fashion, shouldn't be such a big deal. I'm sorry you think running around calling people names in every other thread is a "right". Everyone gets sarcastic and uses a name or 2 here and there - but your every post does this and it brings down each and every thread you do so in.

red states rule
12-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Asking you to refrain from calling members names, in an unprovoked fashion, shouldn't be such a big deal. I'm sorry you think running around calling people names in every other thread is a "right". Everyone gets sarcastic and uses a name or 2 here and there - but your every post does this and it brings down each and every thread you do so in.

Virgil Lite has now gone the way of Virgil himself :laugh2:

Jeff
12-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Psychoblues

PB Really , you really turn on all those Hard working Americans that payed there hard earned money to watch a race and just because they Booed a idiot that lets face it wouldn't now the name Petty if ya asked her, she was there for no other reason than to try ( pathetically I might add) to get votes

PB everyone in this country has a right to pick the party they choose and shouldn't be condemned just cause they differ from you , and the kicker here is even Obama knows what a bang up job he did that's why he sends his wife to something neither him or his wife would ever attend or could give a dang about , that alone tells ya how good this administration is, the only people that think he did a good job are the same ones that would vote for the devil as long as there was a D after his name

PB even though I disagree with a lot of your opinions I still thought of you as a intelligent guy with a different opinion than mine, and when you actually answered a thread instead of running a muck I enjoyed it, but man after this thread , and please understand I am proud of anyone that beats a addiction but buddy you might want to go get a bottle , being straight just doesn't work for you