PDA

View Full Version : Cain & Bachmann Want to Reinstate Waterboarding

red states rule
11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Another reason to like Cain and Bachman

Of course this will also get the terrorist appeasers all fired up

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Republican presidential hopefuls Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann both say they would reinstate waterboarding during interrogations of suspected terrorists, while rivals Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman both say they see the procedure as torture.

The GOP contenders split Saturday night over whether waterboarding would be an effective tool.

Cain says he doesn’t support torture, but he says he would trust military leaders to determine what that means. He says he would return to waterboarding because he doesn’t see it as torture.

Bachmann says she supports it, while Paul says it is illegal.

Huntsman says waterboarding diminishes U.S. standing in the world and undercuts the nation’s values.

GOP contender Mitt Romney wasn’t directly asked about the issue but adds he would use whatever means necessary to protect America.
</ARTICLE>
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/cain-bachmann-would-bring-back-waterboarding-huntsman-paul-oppose-such-interrogations/2011/11/12/gIQAH3qNGN_story.html?tid=pm_lifestyle_pop

revelarts
11-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Ron Paul is right again.

And I still cannot understand Christians for Water boarding, Both Cain and Bachman say they are Born Again. I'm still waiting for the Bible verses to back that up.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Ron Paul is right again.

And I still cannot understand Christians for Water boarding, Both Cain and Bachman say they are Born Again. I'm still waiting for the Bible verses to back that up.

I'm pretty sure lowering taxes isn't in the Bible either, are you demanding a verse on that stance? They don't need to have the Bible backup their every decision, they just need to do what is right and what they feel is in the best interest of the nation.

I'm pretty confident that YOU would be one of the first to bitch should their be an issue about religion intermingled with government - yet you expect politicians to have Bible verses to backup their politics? Odd.

red states rule
11-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Ron Paul is right again.

How about do onto others before they do on to you?

I would rather have a pro-active President who stops attacks before they take place Rev

I know people like you will continue to suck up to terrorists in a lame attempt to keep your "honor". As a reward the terrorists might show you mercy and kill you last

revelarts
11-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure lowering taxes isn't in the Bible either, are you demanding a verse on that stance? They don't need to have the Bible backup their every decision, they just need to do what is right and what they feel is in the best interest of the nation.

I'm pretty confident that YOU would be one of the first to bitch should their be an issue about religion intermingled with government - yet you expect politicians to have Bible verses to backup their politics? Odd.

Candidates Basic moral positions come from some where, for many serious Christians they start from some POV of the Bible. Abortion, Murder, marriage for instance, Some on the left think Welfare is a Biblical notion, both left and right agree that ideas of Justice and equality are biblical ideas. I don't have a problem with people referring to their faith to promote a high moral positions in Gov't . But I don't want someone claiming they got a personal word from God OR their astrologer or guru to do a specific XYZ move. Your right about that.

How about do onto others before they do on to you?

I would rather have a pro-active President who stops attacks before they take place Rev

I know people like you will continue to suck up to terrorists in a lame attempt to keep your "honor". As a reward the terrorists might show you mercy and kill you last

:lol:
:crying2::crying2:

It's "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Golden Rule
From Jesus Luke 6:31
In general you don't think this is a bad Idea Red.

And if you do the things you know are right despite what others do it's called keeping your values. Not sucking up to terrorist. At least where i come from.

George Washington didn't think it was "pro-active" to torture he thought it was criminal.
but we've had this talk before.

Wind Song
11-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Would waterboarding help Cain tell the truth about his sexual harassment?

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Would waterboarding help Cain tell the truth about his sexual harassment?

Maybe help you acknowledge facts? Or get the Obama McChimpy administration to acknowledge the Solyndra crap?

Wind Song
11-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe help you acknowledge facts? Or get the Obama McChimpy administration to acknowledge the Solyndra crap?

You'd like to waterboard me? Nice thing for the owner of the board to say to another poster.

I was being facetious. I don't support waterboarding at all. Apparently you do.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 11:40 AM
You'd like to waterboard me? Nice thing for the owner of the board to say to another poster.

I was being facetious. I don't support waterboarding at all. Apparently you do.

Why would it matter that I'm the owner? Can I not have opinions, extreme or otherwise, since I pay the hosting fee at the end of the month?

And I most certainly do support waterboarding, and any other methods that may be used on terrorists to gain information. They are like cockroaches. Even spraying them with D-CON would be ok with me!

revelarts
11-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Credit where credit is due Huntsman was right too.

But Romney is willing to kill Americans that a secret panel says are a "threat", so is Newt.

Completely and utterly Unconstitutional.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Candidates Basic moral positions come from some where, for many serious Christians they start from some POV of the Bible. Abortion, Murder, marriage for instance, Some on the left think Welfare is a Biblical notion, both left and right agree that ideas of Justice and equality are biblical ideas. I don't have a problem with people referring to their faith to promote a high moral positions in Gov't . But I don't want someone claiming they got a personal word from God OR their astrologer or guru to do a specific XYZ move. Your right about that.

That doesn't explain why you are waiting for Bible verses from them. Why do they, or anyone, need Bible verses to backup their view/belief on a political issue? Maybe they take that view because they feel it's in the best interest of the security of our nation. Whether you agree or not doesn't invalidate their "stance" and certainly doesn't need they need to back it up with Bible verses. What you're really shooting at here is trying to mock their beliefs because of a political stance, because you feel they shouldn't make decisions that might go against the Bible.

Wind Song
11-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Why would it matter that I'm the owner? Can I not have opinions, extreme or otherwise, since I pay the hosting fee at the end of the month?

And I most certainly do support waterboarding, and any other methods that may be used on terrorists to gain information. They are like cockroaches. Even spraying them with D-CON would be ok with me!

You suggested that I be waterboarded. What's up with that? I wouldn't want that to happen to you ever, for any reason, and certainly not one as petty as disagreeing with a view on a political forum.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
You suggested that I be waterboarded. What's up with that? I wouldn't want that to happen to you ever, for any reason, and certainly not one as petty as disagreeing with a view on a political forum.

I don't even know who you are, why would I "seriously" want you waterboarded? You need to lighten up, Francis! And don't accuse me of being mean and calling you Francis, it's a line from a movie!

Btw - I'd like to see a bunch of "Occupiers" from Zucotti Park here in NY waterboarded too! (if only to bathe the bastards) :lol:

revelarts
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM
That doesn't explain why you are waiting for Bible verses from them. Why do they, or anyone, need Bible verses to backup their view/belief on a political issue? Maybe they take that view because they feel it's in the best interest of the security of our nation. Whether you agree or not doesn't invalidate their "stance" and certainly doesn't need they need to back it up with Bible verses. What you're really shooting at here is trying to mock their beliefs because of a political stance, because you feel they shouldn't make decisions that might go against the Bible.

I want a Bible verse from them because the Bible clearly indicates that we should not be torturing people. and they say they are serious Christians. It's fundamentally contrary to the Bibles ideas on the treatment of prisoners or prisoners of "war" and human beings in general. So they appear hypocritical in the extreme here.
I ask the same for those who say they are Serious Christians but they believe abortion is a right. The 2 concepts don't match. I want to know how they reconcile those positions with their "heart felt" "life changing" Christian beliefs.

Bachmann is vigourous in her support of the marriage amendment bills and pro-life legislation, that's consistent with her Christian beliefs, but torture/waterboarding is not.
So "what's up with that?" is a legitimate question don't you think?

Cain has flip flopped on the marriage amendment and pro life issues, that's consistent with Romney.

jimnyc
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
I want a Bible verse from them because the Bible clearly indicates that we should not be torturing people. and they say they are serious Christians. It's fundamentally contrary to the Bibles ideas on the treatment of prisoners or prisoners of "war" and human beings in general. So they appear hypocritical in the extreme here.
I ask the same for those who say they are Serious Christians but they believe abortion is a right. The 2 concepts don't match. I want to know how they reconcile those positions with their "heart felt" "life changing" Christian beliefs.

Bachmann is vigourous in her support of the marriage amendment bills and pro-life legislation, that's consistent with her Christian beliefs, but torture/waterboarding is not.
So "what's up with that?" is a legitimate question don't you think?

Cain has flip flopped on the marriage amendment and pro life issues, that's consistent with Romney.

Hypocrites if they run things based on what's best for the nations security, and mixing religion with politics if they say they do/don't things based on their personal religious beliefs? You would complain either way, which you have just done. You call them hypocrites on an issue that goes against their beliefs, and then insinuate Bachmann would/has legislate based on her religious beliefs.

revelarts
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I think you misread me Jim.

DragonStryk72
11-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Another reason to like Cain and Bachman

Of course this will also get the terrorist appeasers all fired up

Oh yes, cause nothing says "We have this enemy outclassed, outmanned, and outgunned in every way" than resorting to morally bankrupt tactics. You wanna take the coward's way, RSR, I can't really stop ye.

red states rule
11-14-2011, 04:54 AM
Oh yes, cause nothing says "We have this enemy outclassed, outmanned, and outgunned in every way" than resorting to morally bankrupt tactics. You wanna take the coward's way, RSR, I can't really stop ye.

You are the coward for not wanting to do what is needed to save lives

Only THREE terrorists were ever waterboarded and the info obtained saved lives, prevented attacks, and led to the death of OBL

DragonStryk72
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
You are the coward for not wanting to do what is needed to save lives

Only THREE terrorists were ever waterboarded and the info obtained saved lives, prevented attacks, and led to the death of OBL

So we don't have them outmanned? We don't have them outgunned? We don't have them outclassed?

You are, and will always be the coward, RSR. We in no way need to be the bullies you seem to think. Stop making these pussies into some sort of monster. They are not worth our character as a nation, but you keep surrendering that. That's what makes you a coward.

jimnyc
11-14-2011, 02:41 PM

We've had them outclassed, outmanned and outgunned in every way for a LONG, LONG time now. Yet 9/11 still happened as did quite a few other "notable" attacks from terrorists, as well as hundreds stopped since 9/11.

red states rule
11-15-2011, 02:56 AM
So we don't have them outmanned? We don't have them outgunned? We don't have them outclassed?

You are, and will always be the coward, RSR. We in no way need to be the bullies you seem to think. Stop making these pussies into some sort of monster. They are not worth our character as a nation, but you keep surrendering that. That's what makes you a coward.

In your world, there would be no waterboaridng thus the attacks that were prevented would have taken place. The lives that were saved would have been snuffed out. OBL would be alive and well and planning more attacks

Only a fool like you would call the people that stop these attacks "bullies" and try and fight these terrorist bastards under Marquess of Queensberry Rules

What is next from you DS? Will you pull and Dick Durbin and call those who keep us safe Nazi's and compare them to Pol Pot?

Call me a coward all you want - but you are a fool and it is weak people like you that hamper the intel gather process by wanting to protect the "rights" of terrorists instead of defeating them

Love Monkey
11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
If you don't think the enemies of America don't torture our captured servicemen you are sadly mistaken. A lot of peoples lives have been saved in America because of waterboarding but the politically correct crowd will never admit it. Bush and Cheney had it right and did the right things.

red states rule
11-16-2011, 02:53 AM
If you don't think the enemies of America don't torture our captured servicemen you are sadly mistaken. A lot of peoples lives have been saved in America because of waterboarding but the politically correct crowd will never admit it. Bush and Cheney had it right and did the right things.

Considering how Obama talked about doing things differently then Bush/Cheney - seems he has kept most of their policies in regards to the War on Terror and has had some success