PDA

View Full Version : Professor Says Sending Troops Care Packages is Shameful

red states rule
11-15-2011, 04:10 AM
This might help explain where the hippies in the street get their political and econoic beliefs. They are taught to them in college by their idiot liberal Professors

A Massachusetts law professor has created a campus firestorm with an email to colleagues that declares it would be "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops "who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."

Michael Avery, a professor at Suffolk University Law School, sent a five-paragraph email to colleagues in response to a school-wide appeal for care packages for deployed soldiers, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.

"I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings," Avery wrote.

The professor, who specializes in constitutional law, wrote the email last week in response to a university drive to collect items for U.S. troops, like sunblock and sanitary products. He also wrote that sympathy for American troops in harm's way is "not particularly rational in today's world."

Paul Spera, past commander in chief of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, blasted Avery's remarks on Monday, calling the professor's argument "despicable."

"The shameful thing is that he’s teaching our young people," Spera told FoxNews.com.

"One of the things that we've learned from Vietnam is to separate the warriors from the war. You can be opposed to the war -- you can disagree with the tactics and the political decision involved -- but the individuals on the battle field are there protecting us," said Spera, an Army veteran who served in Vietnam.

"Somebody has to stand up to this man," he said, noting that the recipients of such care packages are willing to "lay their lives on the line for the freedoms that this man is abusing."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/14/massachusetts-law-professor-calls-care-packages-for-us-troops-shameful/

Jess
11-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Perhaps we could all chip in and get him this nice t-shirt: 2597 2598

red states rule
11-16-2011, 03:10 AM
and liberals wonder why they are not taken seriously.

This jackass of a "professor" who uses the freedom and safety provided to him by members of the US military to smear and insult them

Also, why should any parent spend their hard earned money to have their kids listen to this jerk and his liberal BS?

Abbey Marie
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Someone should volunteer Prof for work as an IED-locator in Iraq.

DragonStryk72
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow, there is not one way to redefine that sentence that he doesn't look like a total asshole. I mean, seriously, I have to imagine even his students would look at him like, "Dude, you are such an asshole!"

red states rule
11-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Someone should volunteer Prof for work as an IED-locator in Iraq.

Or better still, be the PLO for a camp in Irag

(Permanent Latrine Orderly)

Abbey Marie
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
In a couple of days, my husband and I will be stuffing stockings to send to soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq. I wish I could send Mr. Avery a picture of us happily doing that.

red states rule
11-22-2011, 02:31 AM
In a couple of days, my husband and I will be stuffing stockings to send to soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq. I wish I could send Mr. Avery a picture of us happily doing that.

Thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet, here is his address. Please post some pics here as well
Abbey

C O N T A C T I N F O

[/URL]Prof. Michael Avery
Suffolk University Law School
120 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108-4977
e.<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> document.write(""); document.write("mavery"); document.write("\100"); document.write("suffolk.edu"); document.write("");</SCRIPT> mavery@suffolk.edu

[URL]http://www.law.suffolk.edu/faculty/directories/faculty.cfm?instructorID=2 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/facultyF.cfm?InstructorID=2)

Abbey Marie
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks to Al Gore's amazing internet, here is his address. Please post some pics here as well
Abbey

C O N T A C T I N F O

Prof. Michael Avery
Suffolk University Law School
120 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108-4977
e.<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> document.write(""); document.write("mavery"); document.write("\100"); document.write("suffolk.edu"); document.write("");</script>mavery@suffolk.edu mavery@suffolk.edu

http://www.law.suffolk.edu/faculty/directories/faculty.cfm?instructorID=2

Lol. we may just do that.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Lol. we may just do that.

You're going to post pics of yourself in stockings? nice........... I'll pass on the pics of Mr Abbey though. :laugh2:

Gunny
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
This might help explain where the hippies in the street get their political and econoic beliefs. They are taught to them in college by their idiot liberal Professors

I guess the faggot was never a troop that got a care package.

Yet these are the people we protect ....

Abbey Marie
11-22-2011, 11:17 AM
You're going to post pics of yourself in stockings? nice........... I'll pass on the pics of Mr Abbey though. :laugh2:

:slap:

Thunderknuckles
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
This guy probably sips tea on the weekend with Ward Churchill.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Y'know, you lay your ass out there in the sand where everything is hostile and you really don't know which minute is your last ... and someone from home with a heart sends you something you can actually look at and touch ... people like this f-ing professor don't deserve the protection they get. I hope he chokes.

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
This guy probably sips tea on the weekend with Ward Churchill.

I don't think those two would be "sipping tea" together. Might be doing something else though; I'll leave it to the imagination.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
All due respect, SgtMaj, you KNOW what those care packages mean to troops. Shit, just send me some mail. This guy's a piece of trash and doesn't deserve any of the Rights people have fought and died for.

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
All due respect, SgtMaj, you KNOW what those care packages mean to troops. Shit, just send me some mail. This guy's a piece of trash and doesn't deserve any of the Rights people have fought and died for.

While I agree with your sentiment, the fact is that military members don't get to evaluate whether or not any particular citizen desrves the service rendered by themselves and others. Fortunately, there are far more citizens who do deserve such service than there are that don't.

As for care packages and mail: HELL YEAH! Send whatever you can whenever you can. You can quote PROFESSOR CSM on that!

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:30 PM
While I agree with your sentiment, the fact is that military members don't get to evaluate whether or not any particular citizen desrves the service rendered by themselves and others. Fortunately, there are far more citizens who do deserve such service than there are that don't.

As for care packages and mail: HELL YEAH! Send whatever you can whenever you can. You can quote PROFESSOR CSM on that!

Sound like you're in the Army.:laugh: I agree. We don't don't get to choose.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think those two would be "sipping tea" together. Might be doing something else though; I'll leave it to the imagination.

Oh, I think there would DEFINITELY be some tea bagging going on.

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:16 AM
On a related note,

Law Professor Quits Job After Colleague Calls Care Packages for U.S. Troops 'Shameful'

A law professor who is serving overseas in Afghanistan (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp) has quit his job at a Massachusetts university after a colleague sent out a controversial e-mail declaring it "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops.

U.S. Army Reserve Maj. Robert Roughsedge cut ties with Suffolk University in Boston in response to fellow law professor Michael Avery's defamatory e-mail regarding troops fighting overseas, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.

Avery criticized a school-wide drive to collect supplies for soldiers overseas, writing in an email to colleagues: "I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."

Avery, who specializes in constitutional law, also wrote that sympathy for American troops in harm's way is "not particularly rational in today's world."

In response to Avery's email, Roughsedge submitted his letter of resignation on Monday, telling WTXF in a telephone interview that the e-mail is "hate speech."

"It’s basically like a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum," he told the station. "That is not how we teach our students to rationally look at the issues…We want rational adult discourse and that is not something I would tolerate in my class and it is not something the school should tolerate from one of its professors."

Roughsedge was a member of the adjunct faculty at Suffolk University for eight years and taught a popular course on terrorism and the law. He left for Afghanistan in Dec. 2010 and is expected to return home to New Hampshire next month.

The university has since been inundated with complaints from students and alumni, claiming Avery's view is not representative of the school community.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/22/law-professor-quits-job-after-colleague-calls-care-packages-for-us-troops/

Abbey Marie
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Btw, we did stuff stocking for soldiers Wednesday night. It was actually fun, besides being rewarding. The stockings already had the names of soldiers in Afghanistan glittered on them, so it felt personal.

Lots of high school kids there helping, too. :thumb:

Thankfully, I think this professor is completely out of touch.

red states rule
11-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Btw, we did stuff stocking for soldiers Wednesday night. It was actually fun, besides being rewarding. The stockings already had the names of soldiers in Afghanistan glittered on them, so it felt personal.

Great job Abbey!!

But if this liberal nutcase leaves his teaching position, he would be a great candidate for pubic office on the Democrat ticket

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Great job Abbey!!

But if this liberal nutcase leaves his teaching position, he would be a great candidate for pubic office on the Democrat ticket

Scrooge would look down on him.

shattered
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, hell. Guess I should be ashamed of myself. My bad.

Someone should slap a target on his ass, and send HIM as a care package. :salute:

Jess
11-28-2011, 11:08 AM

What organization did you go through? Our family wants to do some packages too.

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 11:18 AM
What organization did you go through? Our family wants to do some packages too.

It's called "Stockings for Soldiers". They are local here in Delaware, but hopefully there may be other groups.

Here's their link: http://stockingsforsoldiers.org/

Gunny
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Well, hell. Guess I should be ashamed of myself. My bad.

Someone should slap a target on his ass, and send HIM as a care package. :salute:

With his comments pinned to his chest? Oh he'd be a hit, that's for sure.:flameth:

shattered
11-28-2011, 11:37 AM
With his comments pinned to his chest? Oh he'd be a hit, that's for sure.:flameth:

Who doesn't like a new toy for Christmas? :)

Gunny
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Who doesn't like a new toy for Christmas? :)

I think you should send me this professor for Christmas. I need a "toy" to play with on Christmas Day ....

shattered
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I think you should send me this professor for Christmas. I need a "toy" to play with on Christmas Day ....

YOU run out of toys faster than anyone else I know. Why not give him to someone likely to prolong the enjoyment somewhat?

Jess
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM

Uh huh. Is Darth Zanious gonna be your lil helper, Gunny?:rolleyes:

Gunny
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Uh huh. Is Darth Zanious gonna be your lil helper, Gunny?:rolleyes:

You guessed .... :dev:

Jess
11-28-2011, 11:48 AM
You guessed .... :dev:

Note to self: Hide anything and everything that could possibly, maybe be considered an implement of destruction or torture.

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Note to self: Hide anything and everything that could possibly, maybe be considered an implement of destruction or torture.

Are you kidding? Might as well make that a note to get rid of any and all physical objects Gunny's can manage to use in some nefarious way ... and train his minion to do likewise.;)

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Are you kidding? Might as well make that a note to get rid of any and all physical objects Gunny's can manage to use in some nefarious way ... and train his minion to do likewise.;)

And the minion had a pretty good start before Gunny even got here. *sigh*

Oh well.

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
And the minion had a pretty good start before Gunny even got here. *sigh*

Oh well.

Nah. He needs direction. Heh ...:laugh:

CSM
12-08-2011, 10:36 AM
More from the great intellectual:

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/opinion/article_0bce0016-1e91-11e1-96a8-001871e3ce6c.html?mode=story

This guy could end up getting under my skin!

fj1200
12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyone who uses the word "eleemosynary" automatically gets under my skin.

Abbey Marie
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Anyone who uses the word "eleemosynary" automatically gets under my skin.

In other words, they would be intradermally positioned? :laugh2:

ConHog
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Something tells me this asshole would be a victim of "friendly" fire.

Jess
12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWExFTFAQzA&feature=ymg

:salute:

Jess
12-20-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Q9ysRNbbg&feature=related

pegwinn
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
I would love to visit this clowns classroom on career day.

2clicks left

ready on the right.......