PDA

View Full Version : We Are Broke

red states rule
11-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Neil Cavuto nailed it yesterday with his closing segment on his show yesterday. I hope the voters pay more attention in this election and accept the cold hard fact we are broke and can't keep up the insane spending

So I'm hearing the president from Hawaii, no less, say we have to spend a billion bucks on health care jobs... That it's a good strategic investment.
Then Republicans on that Super Committee bemoaning "any" defense cuts... Because they're a good strategic investment.
Then Democrats on that same committee ripping so much as curbing a single dollar in entitlement spending because they're long-term strategic investments.
And I’m thinking to myself, what part of "broke" don't any of these guys understand?
You can't be strategic with your money when you have no money.
And you can't invest in the future when you're flat broke now.
Yet they all merrily make these commitments with cash we don't have, but in the face of enormous bills from which we now can't run.
Because here's the thing about being out of money... You're also out of options.
Yet they're all so cocky... With our cash.
...ripping a credit agency for dare downgrading our debt.
The line I loved the most at the time was from a congressman who told me with a straight face that S & P was stupid to cut our triple-A rating, when it knew we could always keep printing money to pay our bills!!
Talk about stupid.
These guys gotta wake up and see where we are. Not where they "think" we are.
We... Are broke.
We... Are poor.
We couldn't strategically invest spit right now.
I suspect there are a lot of families in this country that would love to strategically invest in a trip to Hawaii to join the president.
They can't. So they won't.
They get it.
Does he?
Does congress?
Because this isn't about "strategy."
The way these guys are spending money they don't have on programs that don't work for jobs that don't come...
This is about...
"Stupidity."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/your-world-cavuto/2011/11/14/cavuto-we-are-broke

fj1200
11-15-2011, 05:43 AM
We're not broke. We just need to stop spending as if there were no consequences.

Love Monkey
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
We are not broke but we don't spend our money wisely. Instead of all the foreign aid, government give-away programs, stupid, unthoughtful spending, and failed government programs suck up all of our resources. Time to think before we spend and for God sakes, quit borrowing money from China only to piss it away.

ConHog
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
We are not broke but we don't spend our money wisely. Instead of all the foreign aid, government give-away programs, stupid, unthoughtful spending, and failed government programs suck up all of our resources. Time to think before we spend and for God sakes, quit borrowing money from China only to piss it away.

Exactly. I guarantee they could put my mom, my sister, and my wife in charge of the budget and we'd be in the black in no time at all. Now for sure there would be some politicians screaming and crying because their little programs got told "sorry , no money for you" , but our budget would be balanced and we'd be spending money where it actually helped rather than just throwing it away.

Trigg
11-15-2011, 06:36 PM
just once I'd love to see the gov. clamp down on medicaid and all the free shit they give the freeloaders in the system.

3 teenagers showed up in the ER wanting tested for STD's, all on medicaid which paid for all the testing. Instead of making an appointment to see their family physician, these dumbasses were there on a weekend clogging up the system with nonsense.

On a side note, the receptionist that night is a single mother who I hired a year ago and used to be on medicaid. She was disgusted that they were there wasting tax dollars.

The US is broke........we need to cut spending and live within our means........if that means cutting social programs, than so be it.

red states rule
11-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Guys (and gals) we are broke

You seem to have forgot about the $15 trillion national debt which is growing every hour of every day

Also, when you add it the deficit for Social Security and Medicare the total goes to around $70 trillion

AND, when you add in the deficit for state and local pension plans - the total goes to a bone crushing $100 trillion

The implosion is coming and it will not be pretty when it happens

red states rule
11-16-2011, 04:53 AM
We're not broke. We just need to stop spending as if there were no consequences.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg111511dAPR20111115054517.jpg

ConHog
11-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Guys (and gals) we are broke

You seem to have forgot about the $15 trillion national debt which is growing every hour of every day

Also, when you add it the deficit for Social Security and Medicare the total goes to around $70 trillion

AND, when you add in the deficit for state and local pension plans - the total goes to a bone crushing $100 trillion

The implosion is coming and it will not be pretty when it happens

We're not broke. The cold hard fact is we will never be broke. We have too many assets for the rest of the world to let us go broke. We are in fact too big to fail, and the rest of the world knows it. That doesn't excuse our government's wasteful spending, but it does mean we're not broke, nor will we ever be broke.

11-16-2011, 11:00 PM
The titanic was too big to fail as well. That didn't turn out that well.

I would be cautious about claiming we are too big to fail. Because pride comes before the fall.

ConHog
11-16-2011, 11:31 PM
The titanic was too big to fail as well. That didn't turn out that well.

I would be cautious about claiming we are too big to fail. Because pride comes before the fall.

I was speaking only of financially. I do see ways we could fall as a nation, but going broke isn't one of them IMHO.

red states rule
11-17-2011, 03:50 AM
We're not broke. The cold hard fact is we will never be broke. We have too many assets for the rest of the world to let us go broke. We are in fact too big to fail, and the rest of the world knows it. That doesn't excuse our government's wasteful spending, but it does mean we're not broke, nor will we ever be broke.

I am sure the folks running ERON and Solyndra said they same thing. We are not broke - we just have a minor cash flow issue

ConHog
11-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I am sure the folks running ERON and Solyndra said they same thing. We are not broke - we just have a minor cash flow issue

Even the largest corporation in the world is a drop in the bucket compared to the US government. Our government may fail, but it won't be financially.

red states rule
11-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Even the largest corporation in the world is a drop in the bucket compared to the US government. Our government may fail, but it won't be financially.

Given a total debt of around $100 trillion you say we are not broke

BTW in the time you took to read this post the government has added about $350,000 to the debt which can NEVER be paid off

We are broke CH