PDA

View Full Version : McQueary Speaks Out

red states rule
11-16-2011, 03:53 AM
It is getting more interesting with this sorry story. Now McQueary says he stopped the rape of the child - but not "physically"

snip

McQueary, who was a graduate assistant at the time of the alleged rape in March 2002 wrote an email to a friend and former classmate, stating:

… you are the first person I have told this … and I don’t know you extremely well … and I have been told bye officials to not say anything …

I did stop it, not physically … but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room … I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police …. no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds … trust me.

Do with this what you want … but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way … or what I thought at the time was right … I had to make tough impacting quick decisions.

This is off record … again … I have not and will not say anything to anyone else.

The grand jury report, however, states that upon seeing the alleged attack, McQueary “left immediately, distraught.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/penn-state-assistant-coach-mcqueary-says-he-stopped-sandusky’s-alleged-sexual-assault-of-boy-though-not-physically/

<EMBED height=279 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50114953&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7388365n" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" background="#333333">

ConHog
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
It is getting more interesting with this sorry story. Now McQueary says he stopped the rape of the child - but not "physically"

<EMBED height=279 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50114953&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7388365n" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" background="#333333">

My thoughts are that dude is a giant bag of pussy. At a bear minimum he should have beat the shit out of that coach when he seen what was going on. And I don't want to hear about "distraught" , how distraught was that little boy?

red states rule
11-17-2011, 03:28 AM
The lies continue to be exposed

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Both Penn State's campus police and the State College police department say they never received reports from a then-Penn State graduate assistant related to an allegation of child sexual abuse against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Mike McQueary wrote in an email to a friend that was made available to The Associated Press that he had discussions with police after he said he witnessed a 10- or 11-year-old boy being raped in the Penn State locker room in 2002. McQueary testified in a grand jury investigation that led to authorities charging Sandusky with abusing eight boys over 15 years.

In the email, McQueary did not specify which police department he spoke to.

But a spokesperson for Penn State's campus police told CBS News that they never received a sex abuse report from McQueary. Separately, State College Police Chief Thomas R. King told CBS News that his department has no record of ever being contacted by McQueary regarding allged sex abuse.

The university also has its own police force. Penn State administrators said they were looking into whether McQueary contacted campus police. A university official also told CBS News Tuesday that, to her knowledge, no police report was filed.

The Nov. 8 email from McQueary to a friend said: "I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police .... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds ... trust me."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57326259/pa-top-cop-mcqueary-didnt-report-abuse-to-us/

Kathianne
11-17-2011, 04:50 AM
The lies continue to be exposed

The problem is, 'who is doing the lying.' Always a problem when the press tries cases like this. There were huge wrongs done here, that much seems obvious; what isn't though is who actually did wrong and why.

red states rule
11-17-2011, 04:56 AM
The problem is, 'who is doing the lying.' Always a problem when the press tries cases like this. There were huge wrongs done here, that much seems obvious; what isn't though is who actually did wrong and why.

With all his different stories it is starting to look like McQueary is doing most of the lying Kat. As I posted on another thread, it is starting to look to me Joe was used as a fall guy to try and calm things down

Kathianne
11-17-2011, 04:58 AM
With all his different stories it is starting to look like McQueary is doing most of the lying Kat. As I posted on another thread, it is starting to look to me Joe was used as a fall guy to try and calm things down

'Starting to look like' is where the problem comes in. I don't have an opinion, this is not how the 'truth comes out,' IMO. I think the university is where the problem comes in, that is where it seems everyone went and nothing was done. Yet, we ultimately only know what's been given to the press.

red states rule
11-17-2011, 05:01 AM
'Starting to look like' is where the problem comes in. I don't have an opinion, this is not how the 'truth comes out,' IMO. I think the university is where the problem comes in, that is where it seems everyone went and nothing was done. Yet, we ultimately only know what's been given to the press.

Point well taken Kat

You do take me to school very well when needed

DragonStryk72
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
This is one problem that I've noticed in these cases, is that everyone gets so viscerally charged, but there are just so many considerations here. It could be possible the assistant is telling the truth, and that the police are covering their own ass because an officer was a buddy or family of the coach, it could be that the grad assistant is lying, then and now, to assuage a guilty conscience. It could be even worse, with both sides lying, but we don't know, and until the full investigation is concluded, we're all just spitballing based on the "evidence" we see in the news.

ConHog
11-17-2011, 04:22 PM

It's looking more and more like a cover up was the order of the day and now the worst is happening and all those who covered it up are being put in a position where there stories are seeing the light of day, and it's not good.

This is just a sad sordid deal all around, and hopefully at least some good comes out of it and Universities and their athletic teams are put more emphasis on reporting such incidents to the POLICE. No matter if you're the President of the University, the AD, the coach, or a lowly towel boy. If you have ANY suspicion that a child is being abused go to the POLICE, not your "immediate supervisor"

sundaydriver
11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
As well as millions of other I've read the SUMMARY of the Grand Jury Indictment that includes a SUMMARY of McQueary's statements. It doesn't include actual worded testimony only the notes of the Grand Jury so I think we only know about 10% of the truth so far but hear 90% conjecture. When the DA's investigation is completed I think people will be even more shocked by what the findings reveal as far as number of victims, number of people that knew, and the worst of all how long it was covered up and why.

red states rule
11-18-2011, 04:36 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/GM111117CLR-PennStat20111117050329.jpg