PDA

View Full Version : Mom chooses money over justice for daughter

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Un-freaking-believable.

Mom of Molested Disabled Girl Gets Prison for Taking Money From Abuser
Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Illinois woman has been sentenced to 65 months in prison for taking $10,000 in hush money from the man who sexually molested her severely disabled daughter.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the 33-year-old woman — whose name is not being published in order to protect her children — pleaded guilty in March to obstruction of justice and concealing a fugitive for accepting $10,000 from Lawrence Lee Southwood and agreeing not to tell authorities what she knew about the molestation.
Southwood, who the newspaper reported has a long history of sexual and violent crimes, befriended the woman and sometimes took care of her daughter, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. The girl testified at his trial that he repeatedly molested her in August and September 2005.

Her decision to take $10,000 to look the other way was an act of unconscionable greed and betrayal like I have never seen during my 28 years in the criminal justice system," James Glasgow, a state's attorney told the Tribune Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272422,00.html

Doniston
05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Un-freaking-believable.

Mom of Molested Disabled Girl Gets Prison for Taking Money From Abuser
Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Illinois woman has been sentenced to 65 months in prison for taking $10,000 in hush money from the man who sexually molested her severely disabled daughter.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the 33-year-old woman — whose name is not being published in order to protect her children — pleaded guilty in March to obstruction of justice and concealing a fugitive for accepting $10,000 from Lawrence Lee Southwood and agreeing not to tell authorities what she knew about the molestation.
Southwood, who the newspaper reported has a long history of sexual and violent crimes, befriended the woman and sometimes took care of her daughter, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. The girl testified at his trial that he repeatedly molested her in August and September 2005.

Her decision to take $10,000 to look the other way was an act of unconscionable greed and betrayal like I have never seen during my 28 years in the criminal justice system," James Glasgow, a state's attorney told the Tribune Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272422,00.html 'Guess it takes all kinds!

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Gross

Monkeybone
05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
they should slap on neglect and child prosition