PDA

View Full Version : WH Shooter May HAve Spent Time At Occupy DC

red states rule
11-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Remember how the liberal media tried to blame the Tea Party for the murders and attempted murders in AZ?

Well, the liberal media is ignoring the fact the nut who fired a shot at the WH was at the DC hippie fest

As reports started coming out on Wednesday on the search for White House shooting suspect Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, one common detail was mentioned, including in The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/us/bullet-that-struck-the-white-house-is-found.html?_r=1): "Late on Friday, the police searched the Occupy DC protest camp...after reports that the suspect might have spent time there." NBC, ABC, and CBS left that fact out of their evening and morning coverage of his arrest.

All three network evening news programs made the Wednesday afternoon arrest of Ortega-Hernandez their lead story. NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams proclaimed: "Shots fired at the White House, prompting an urgent manhunt for the gunman, now under arrest amid questions about his motive." ABC World News anchor Diane Sawyer declared: "Caught. The man accused of tiring an AK-47 at the White House, apprehended." On CBS's Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley reported: "Bullets strike the White House. Bob Orr on the man in custody."

Update:

On Wednesday's Special Report on Fox News, anchor Bret Baier took note of the shooter's reported connection to the Washington D.C. Occupy protest: "Hernandez reportedly spent time with the Occupy D.C. protesters and may be mentally ill, according to officials."

CNN on Tuesday was thrilled with the idea (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2011/11/15/cnn-offers-sympathetic-look-occupy-dcs-rules-and-regulations) that Occupy D.C. had "rules and regulations," including registration of all protesters. Anchor Brooke Baldwin excitedly proclaimed: "This is what you actually have to fill out if you want to occupy D.C....you have your name, you have your emergency contact information...you have to sign 'I won't carry weapons, I won't vandalize property, and I'll respect quiet hours between 11 at night and 7 in the morning.'"

One wonders if Ortega-Hernandez filled out such a document if he did spend time in the encampment.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2011/11/17/networks-ignore-reports-white-house-shooter-may-have-spent-time-occupy#ixzz1e91KeSPs

DragonStryk72
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM
The problem with that, and with the allegations against the Tea Partiers in AZ, is that the shooter could have gone to meetings with the group for the express point of getting the group in question tied to the crimes. This is another instance of the media on both sides of the line trying to sell a narrative, as opposed to simply reporting the facts.

Trigg
11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm just glad the guy didn't turn out to be a white republican. Otherwise we'd have been treated to nonstop coverage about how racist we are.

red states rule
11-21-2011, 02:43 AM
I'm just glad the guy didn't turn out to be a white republican. Otherwise we'd have been treated to nonstop coverage about how racist we are.

Why would that stop the liberal media? AZ shooter Jared Loughner was a white liberal yet the blame for the shootings was tied to Sara Palin and the Tea Party

True and facts are never a consideration with the liberal media when they want to push their agenda on the front page

Trigg
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Why would that stop the liberal media? AZ shooter Jared Loughner was a white liberal yet the blame for the shootings was tied to Sara Palin and the Tea Party

True and facts are never a consideration with the liberal media when they want to push their agenda on the front page

All I can say is I was glad the guy was a non-white minority instead of a white guy.

You'll notice the word racism hasn't been splattered across every news station in the country. Afterall the only reason whites don't like bambam is because we're all racist. Others dislike his politics, or they're just nutcases. Take your pick.

MtnBiker
11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
"WH Shooter May HAve Spent Time At Occupy DC "

Did the suspected shooter spend "time" at Occupy DC?

Psychoblues
11-22-2011, 01:04 AM
"WH Shooter May HAve Spent Time At Occupy DC "

Did the suspected shooter spend "time" at Occupy DC?

I think he spent time at the Shelby County Penal Farm, mb. Maybe that has something to do with his anti-government thinking processes. Seems there are a lot of these nuts running around with all these kill the government ideas.

Psychoblues

red states rule
11-22-2011, 03:16 AM
I think he spent time at the Shelby County Penal Farm, mb. Maybe that has something to do with his anti-government thinking processes. Seems there are a lot of these nuts running around with all these kill the government ideas.

Psychoblues

Strange how the liberal media is silent on the shoorters link to the hippies on the street, but in less than one hour after the AZ shootings, the same liberal media was trying to blame Sara Palin and the Tea Party

MtnBiker
11-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Is there any evidence that this self proclaimed modern day Jesus is linked to the hippies on the street at Occupy DC?

Psychoblues
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Is there any evidence that this self proclaimed modern day Jesus is linked to the hippies on the street at Occupy DC?

Someone said it so it must be true, political agenda be damned.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

ConHog
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Just an anonymous report that police searched the Occupy DC movement for him. Which of course RSR has blown completely out of proportion and turned into some sort of concrete evidence that this dude in fact was the leader of the movement. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Just an anonymous report that police searched the Occupy DC movement for him. Which of course RSR has blown completely out of proportion and turned into some sort of concrete evidence that this dude in fact was the leader of the movement. :laugh2:

Now, y'know I'm not one to back up RSR, CH, but you're missing the point: He doesn't think the WH shooter WAS with Occupy DC. It's more about the fact that the media is playing down the fact, but when it was AZ, and someone who had once gone to a TEA Party rally took a shot, those same news stations were everywhere with the blame for the TEA Party and Sarah Palin.

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:24 AM

Did you bother to read the thread title?

Or is ths more of your "middle of the road" syndrome?

I have made it very clear the purpose of this thread is to show how the liberal covered the WH shooting VS the AZ shooting. Within one hour of the AZ shooting (and as Gabby Giffords is fighting for her life) the liberal media was blaming the Tea Party and Sarah Palin for the shootings and not the kook who did the shootings.

Without a shred of proof they linked him to the Tea Party and "reported" how Sarah Palin's "target" ad led to the shooting

Now we have a kook who fired a shot at the WH who may have attened a hippie ralley in DC and the liberal media is silent

Or is pointing out these facts blowing things out of proportion for you CH? Also, please show me whre I said this nut was a leader in the hippie movement

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Now, y'know I'm not one to back up RSR, CH, but you're missing the point: He doesn't think the WH shooter WAS with Occupy DC. It's more about the fact that the media is playing down the fact, but when it was AZ, and someone who had once gone to a TEA Party rally took a shot, those same news stations were everywhere with the blame for the TEA Party and Sarah Palin.

Thank you. You understand the thread and the liberal media's double standards perfectly :salute: