PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street Protesters Bunk in $700-a-Night NYC Hotel

red states rule
11-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Another example as to why this "movement" is such a joke. When will the fools who support these hippies wake up and realize they are being used?

Hell no, we won’t go — unless we get goose down pillows.

A key OWS leader and another protester who leads a double life as a businessman ditched fetid tents and church basements for rooms at a luxurious hotel that promises guests can “unleash [their] inner Gordon Gekko,” The Post has learned.

The $700-per-night Downtown last week hosted both Peter Dutro, one of a select few OWS members on the powerful finance committee, and Brad Spitzer, a California-based analyst who not only secretly took part in protests during a week-long business trip but offered shelter to protesters in his swanky platinum-card room.

“Tents are not for me,” he confessed, when confronted in the sleek black lobby of the Washington Street hotel where sources described him as a “repeat” guest.

Spitzer, 24, an associate at financial-services giant Deloitte, which netted $29 billion in revenue last year, admitted he joined the protest at Zuccotti Park several times.

“I’m staying here for work,” said Spitzer, dressed down in a company T-shirt and holding a backpack and his suitcase. “I do finance, but I support it still.”

During his stay, hotel sources said, he and other ragtag revolutionaries he brought into the hotel lived like 1 percenters. He would order up a roll-out bed to accommodate guests, they said.

“He’s here all the time,” a hotel source said. “We all see him at the protest.”

Spitzer denied sheltering Occupiers. He claimed he only invited in a blogger buddy living at the park to wash off his camp grime.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/wall_street_cra_pad_s31YWPjPTt0TYuxLGnu7IK#ixzz1eL 0SOgcZ

gabosaurus
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Why should this matter to anyone. Except idiots who need to post 25 topics per day. :lame2:

BoogyMan
11-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Why should this matter to anyone. Except idiots who need to post 25 topics per day. :lame2:

Wow, some folks get snarky when hypocrisy is exposed! LOL

jimnyc
11-21-2011, 01:55 PM

Then just ignore it. YOU troll threads like this all the time and that makes you worse than any thread perceived to be a non issue. We get it, you don't like RSR. But he obviously gets to you or you wouldn't be following him around and making stupid comments at every opportunity.

ConHog
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM

This made me laugh, but you're still a dork.

DragonStryk72
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay, I can sort of understand the one guy. He got the room to put up other protestors and make sure they had a warm place to sleep and clean up. I get that, there's some vaguely plausible reasoning there. Putting them up in the swanky hotel also shows them the sort of place a 1% person stays at more regularly.

Now, on the other hand, the other guy just clearly doesn't get the whole idea of the movement. He's basically in a movement against him. The idea of staying in a place that is proud to let you "unleash your inner Gordon Gekko" is the exact sort of thing the OWS people are railing against. Like showing up to a gun control rally with an AK-47

red states rule
11-22-2011, 03:08 AM
This is news to me. You mean 99% of us can afford a $700 night hotel room?

This guy is protesting capitalism/wealth and then going back to a fancy hotel to de-lice himself and go on the Internet.

Another liberal telling the folks to do as I say not as I do