PDA

View Full Version : Should we bail out student loans?

red states rule
11-21-2011, 04:22 AM
While the hippies say they oppose bailouts to the "big banks" they want bailed out ont heir student loans

Here are three reasons why we should not bailout the hippies

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPZZ5o1nY2M" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gunny
11-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Can I get bailed out on a 2011 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4x4 with extended cab? Metallic silver will do, thanks.

SassyLady
11-22-2011, 02:02 AM
No.

I'm still paying mine off....so I think anyone who borrows money from the government (ME!!) should repay it so the next person can get an education.

Pay it forward.

red states rule
11-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Can't afford to go to college? No problem

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eiRGRvE_Wqg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Can't afford to go to college? No problem

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eiRGRvE_Wqg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

There's absolutely no reason to insult the millions of people in this country who work hard and earn a very good living even though they've never been to college.

What a disgusting post by you RSR.

logroller
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
While the hippies say they oppose bailouts to the "big banks" they want bailed out ont heir student loans

Here are three reasons why we should not bailout the hippies

<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPZZ5o1nY2M" frameborder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
Why stop at student loans-- how bout free pizza and snazzy yellow safety glasses...and free haircuts and men's sweaters... oh yeah, access to a print shop and recycling bins for cardboard signs.

Little-Acorn
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Should we bail out student loans?

Of course, why not?

Look around. Next time you see a student who has a student loan, write him a check for the balance.

There, you bailed out a student loan. Now don't you feel better?

I have no objection to this at all.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. The military will give anyone a free college education. Okay, it's not really free.

logroller
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
There's absolutely no reason to insult the millions of people in this country who work hard and earn a very good living even though they've never been to college.

I'm an excellent ditchdigger-- its a point of pride for me. Certainly no insult.:thumb:

ConHog
11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm an excellent ditchdigger-- its a point of pride for me. Certainly no insult.:thumb:

Be that as it may, he meant it as an insult, and I find it disgusting. My dad never went to any sort of college and has done quite well for himself, well enough to have three children all receive advanced degrees with no student loans between them. Just as an example .

logroller
11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Be that as it may, he meant it as an insult, and I find it disgusting. My dad never went to any sort of college and has done quite well for himself, well enough to have three children all receive advanced degrees with no student loans between them. Just as an example .

Well, knowing RSR, I think he meant it to be sardonic, not condescending. Do you think Judge Smails meant it as an insult; or just a reality check?

-- just a way of saying there's a way to earn a living w/o a college degree. I had this debate the last day of lecture, a question was posed as to how we felt about tuition increases, and nobody cared. When asked why, everybody shrugged their shoulders. I said, "I know why...because everybody here is getting financial assistance." Everybody nodded, so i continued, "... and will continue to do so after they raise the rates; nobody will stop attending college until the tuition exceeds what the loan market will bear-- so expect more raises, longer loan terms and higher debt until people quit coming." --Nothing but wide eyes. These are college students, who obviously have no idea on the basic principles of economics, supply/demand/price; so i'd guess they don't have an understanding of rates and terms either-- Like the OP clip said-- the reasons for forgiving the debt are actually the reasons why these people shouldn't be in college.

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:41 AM

You realy need to take a chill pill CH. It was a joke, but I guess humor is not tolerated with middle of the roaders like yourself

Also, it is amazing your ability to know what others are thinking. You should be in Vegas doing the midnght show at the Sands

ConHog
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
You realy need to take a chill pill CH. It was a joke, but I guess humor is not tolerated with middle of the roaders like yourself

Also, it is amazing your ability to know what others are thinking. You should be in Vegas doing the midnght show at the Sands

It wasn't a joke and claiming it was after the fact doesn't make it so.

You look down your nose at anyone you perceive to be less than yourself, look at the way you call me a middle of the roader just because I disagree with you on a few issues , for example. It's not funny, maybe YOU should consider a chill pill RSR.

And note that you have became increasingly hostile towards me for no reason other than I point out when you do or say something that offends me. I'm sorry if you feel your "friends" should be meek little yes men who never call you out on your own BS , but that's not how I roll. And yes, that opens me up to accepting criticism from those with whom I generally get along. Bring it on.

gabosaurus
11-23-2011, 11:27 PM

You look down your nose at anyone you perceive to be less than yourself, look at the way you call me a middle of the roader just because I disagree with you on a few issues , for example. It's not funny, maybe YOU should consider a chill pill RSR.

And note that you have became increasingly hostile towards me for no reason other than I point out when you do or say something that offends me. I'm sorry if you feel your "friends" should be meek little yes men who never call you out on your own BS , but that's not how I roll. And yes, that opens me up to accepting criticism from those with whom I generally get along. Bring it on.

RSR opposes anything that has to do with education because he wasn't smart enough to get into college. He sits on his fat worthless butt 24/7 doing nothing but reading right wing websites and spamming this board with them.
RSR considers anyone who opposes his views to be beneath him. Just the same as Gunny considers anyone outside the military as beneath him. It's the brain dead leading the brain dead.

Kathianne
11-24-2011, 12:50 AM
RSR opposes anything that has to do with education because he wasn't smart enough to get into college. He sits on his fat worthless butt 24/7 doing nothing but reading right wing websites and spamming this board with them.
RSR considers anyone who opposes his views to be beneath him. Just the same as Gunny considers anyone outside the military as beneath him. It's the brain dead leading the brain dead.

Once again, Gabby comes to the rescue of the condescension of the left. RSR has never put himself out to be a university intellectual, only a ideologue from the right.
(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideologue)

logroller
11-24-2011, 01:45 AM
A tip on how its done.

http://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

So you see RSR, when people ask for their student debt to be forgiven, remember to say "Good day sir"

Kathianne
11-24-2011, 01:50 AM
No student loans shouldn't be forgiven.

Question not being asked, "Is it past time to do away with student loans?" Answer: ?

Until all get that question,we move more quickly towards it.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 02:44 AM

You are amazing CH and the board is lucky to have a fellow like you with so many talents. You can read minds, you are a financial expert, small business guru, marrage counselor, and an authority of the education system

Why are you here and solving the worlds problems?

People who have been here longer than you have and know me better than you do know the video was ment as a joke. I do not look down on people CH. But your middle of the roader attitude seems to have went off the road with me for some reason

red states rule
11-24-2011, 02:47 AM

Gabby you are living proof that evolytion can go in reverse

red states rule
11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Once again, Gabby comes to the rescue of the condescension of the left. RSR has never put himself out to be a university intellectual, only a ideologue from the right.

It is another example of Gabby being Gabby.

People like Gabby take politics personal, and take any opposition to their opinions as a personal insult.

I am used to her usual responses. The good news is she has her one drive by post on this thread and probably wil not be back

ConHog
11-24-2011, 10:02 AM
No student loans shouldn't be forgiven.

Question not being asked, "Is it past time to do away with student loans?" Answer: ?

Until all get that question,we move more quickly towards it.

See , now THAT would solve the situation. Well except for those already in debt. Just do away with the program. Why not expand the work/study program if nothing else? I myself prefer civil service in exchange for free college. If a person agrees to serve the government or any of the top charity programs after graduation then they get their college paid for. Sure that would cost the colleges some money, but the truth is in most cases they are overcharging for their product anyway.

ConHog
11-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Please don't "defend " me. I oppose some of the things RSR writes but that doesn't mean he's stupid. And if he's fat, who cares? I'm here to discuss politics , not get a date.

And Gunny isn't even IN the thread.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Please don't "defend " me. I oppose some of the things RSR writes but that doesn't mean he's stupid. And if he's fat, who cares? I'm here to discuss politics , not get a date.

And Gunny isn't even IN the thread.

I doubt if Perry Mason would want to defend you. Hell, within 10 minutes you would be trying to teach him the law

Gabby was simply joining in and perhaps showing her middle of the road POV

Love Monkey
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Should we bail out student loans? Simple answer in only two words: HELL NO.

logroller
11-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Should we bail out student loans? Simple answer in only two words: HELL NO. How insulting. You should have added "have a good day."

red states rule
11-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Perhaps these college grads should have taken Budgeting Skills 101 and then they would find the money to pay back the loan they took out

Also, instead of standing out on the street demanding others pay your bills, get a job and work some OT