PDA

View Full Version : Eurotrip 2007 Whoohoo!

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
My girl and I are taking a two-week trip to Europe at the end of the month. We're departing on Friday, the 25th and getting back on June 7. We're flying into London, Heathrow (1.5 days in UK), taking the chunnel to Paris (5 days) then going up to Amsterdam (2 days), Brugges (1.5 days) and ending in and departing from Brussels.

The itinerary is tentatively set. The cities we're going to are set in stone.

We're backpacking alone, not with a tour group. We'll be meeting her cousin in Amsterdam--he'll be coming from Oxford.

I'm a huge tennis fan so we're definately going to the French Open while in Paris. We'll do the Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triomph, Notre Dame, etc.

Any of you old-timers got any suggestions or advice? Restaurant/hostel recommendations, etc? Her birthday will coincide with our stint in Paris. I need a good, doable on a student's budget, hotel to stay in that night. No hostels for the birthday girl.

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
My girl and I are taking a two-week trip to Europe at the end of the month. We're departing on Friday, the 25th and getting back on June 7. We're flying into London, Heathrow (1.5 days in UK), taking the chunnel to Paris (5 days) then going up to Amsterdam (2 days), Brugges (1.5 days) and ending in and departing from Brussels.

We're backpacking alone, not with a tour group. We'll be meeting her cousin in Amsterdam--he'll be coming from Oxford.

I'm a huge tennis fan so we're definately going to the French Open while in Paris. We'll do the Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triomph, Notre Dame, etc.

Any of you old-timers got any suggestions or advice? Restaurant/hostel recommendations, etc?

You have definatly seen the movie Eurotrip to many times ;-) Just odnt goto club Vandersexxx in Amsterdam LOL.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
You have definatly seen the movie Eurotrip to many times ;-) Just odnt goto club Vandersexxx in Amsterdam LOL.

Yeah, I'm going to steer clear of the redlight district (I'll be with my girl you know?) but we'll definately hit-up the coffee shops and go to the AnnFrank house and the Van Gogh Museum. :)

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM

Any of you old-timers got any suggestions or advice? Restaurant/hostel recommendations, etc? Her birthday will coincide with our stint in Paris. I need a good, doable on a student's budget, hotel to stay in that night. No hostels for the birthday girl.

Check Clark Howard's site for phone stuff and credit card stuff..
Look for Rick Steves (?) stuff for the cheap way to travel and be safe about it.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll check-out ol' Clark's webpage. He probably has some good ideas on how to scrimp and save. I've already checked Rick Steves out. He also has some good advice. I also bought and "read" the R.S. guides to Paris and Amsterdam.

Guernicaa
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
My dad roamed around Europe in 72 chasing Grateful Dead.

He said the best way to travel around is to meet people and stay with them for a couple days. I don't think he paid too much money on hotels.

While in Amsterdam, I would visit Anne Franks house, check out the canals, and smoke a lot of weed.