PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Dinner Done!

Kathianne
11-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Heluva Dip and chips
Nuts and candies
Shrimp
Deviled Eggs
Guacamole and Chips
Spinach Dip with Sour Dough/Rye Bread Bowls
Turkey with Cranberry-Pecan Dressing
Salad
Homemade Vegetable Soup
Relish Tray
Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli Rice Casserole
Dinner Rolls
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Horseradish Sour Cream Potatoes
Baked Squash
Jello mold
Cinnamon Ice Cream
Whipped Cream
Apple Pie
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Blossom Kisses Cookies
Pumpkin bars
Wine, beer, milk, coffee, tea, pop, hot mulled cider

$18 at Aldi's. $88 dollars at Meijer's!

I had a $15 dollar certificate from Butterball. I bought a Hen, rather than Tom. $22.00. Because I spent over $20 on other items, they took $9.00 off. With the $15 certificate, I made money on the turkey! LOL! Add another $25 in coupons, voila!

Now here's the real kicker, my son from VA is paying me back, I just am doing the cooking and the menu planning. His only requests were for turkey, apple pie, stuffing, and green bean casserole.

Trigg
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I must have lost my invite, when was dinner again??:coffee:

Kathianne
11-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I must have lost my invite, when was dinner again??:coffee:

:beer: I've gotten to be a near maven regarding coupons, while spending less than 15 minutes a week doing so. Download onto my Domincks card and cut coupons from Sunday papers, (which I get free on Sat from Walgreen's when they close.) Awesome!

Trigg, you are invited anytime, including this Thurday! Gobble, gobble!

Jess
11-22-2011, 09:40 AM
My hero! 2633

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm having my favorite kind of Thanksgiving--non-traditional.

I'm going to my best friends house, Mei Long and Lincoln. Mei is Taiwanese, she and Lincoln are world traveled and we will be eating delicacies from all over Asia.

Mulati, her daughter, will be there with her college friends. Lincoln is an international journalist, and liberal. Very well studied, I'm sure we will discuss world politics in great depth.

No Turkey, no football.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's also my sixieth birthday.

Jess
11-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm having my favorite kind of Thanksgiving--non-traditional.

I'm going to my best friends house, Mei Long and Lincoln. Mei is Taiwanese, she and Lincoln are world traveled and we will be eating delicacies from all over Asia.

Mulati, her daughter, will be there with her college friends. Lincoln is an international journalist, and liberal. Very well studied, I'm sure we will discuss world politics in great depth.

No Turkey, no football.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's also my sixieth birthday.

Happy birthday! 2643