PDA

View Full Version : ‘Occupy Black Friday’

red states rule
11-22-2011, 03:52 AM
For those of you going out to shop on Black Froday please shop at the store the hippies demand you botcott

And stock up on Pepper Spray in case any of them get to close

ON NOV. 25th: OCCUPY LARGE CHAINS AND PUBLICLY TRADED RETAIL. Hit the 1% where it hurts – in the wallet.

BLACKLISTED Retail Stores to Occupy (Boycott) on Black Friday (http://www.stopblackfriday.com/2011/11/retail-stores-to-occupy-boycott-on.html)
Keep in mind that we are not occupying small businesses or hardworking people — we must make a distinction between the businesses that are in the pockets of Wall Street and the businesses that serve our local communities.

We are NOT anti-capitalist. Just anti-crapitalist.

Below is a shortlist for publicly traded large businesses to Occupy or to boycott on Black Friday. Luckily, most of them don’t have good presents anyway. If you want to see the top 100 retail businesses for 2010 to boycott, click here (http://www.stores.org/2011/Top-100-Retailers).

On Black Friday, Occupy or boycott:

- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Amazon.com (yes, we have to stay away from Amazon, too!)
- AT&T Wireless
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (I was surprised, too!)
- Dollar Tree
- The Home Depot
- Neiman Marcus
- OfficeMax
- Toys R’Us
- Verizon Wireless
- Wal-Mart

http://www.stopblackfriday.com/

PostmodernProphet
11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm safe.....I'm planning on stopping by Staples for a wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse for $30, Costco for a 2T external harddrive for $69 and BestBuy for a Toshiba tablet for $279.....However, I don't plan on hitting any of them until mid-morning so I might get nothing.....

ConHog
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
For those of you going out to shop on Black Froday please shop at the store the hippies demand you botcott

And stock up on Pepper Spray in case any of them get to close

Those are some of my favorite places. The hippies can go fuck themselves. What's next boycott Ruth's Chris?

DragonStryk72
11-22-2011, 05:45 PM
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Amazon.com (yes, we have to stay away from Amazon, too!)
- AT&T Wireless
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (I was surprised, too!)
- Dollar Tree (Seriously!? Isn't this the place people shop who can't afford to shop elsewhere?!!)
- The Home Depot If you're shopping here during christmas time, it's usually to an end.
- Neiman Marcus
- OfficeMax Are there really that many people shopping there for christmas?
- Toys R’Us
- Verizon Wireless
- Wal-Mart

fj1200
11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
This is a great movement and even greater boycott effort that would be more impactful on the NON-1%ers. :rolleyes: Great work everyone.

Shadow
11-22-2011, 11:23 PM
That is an interesting list at the link. So...7/11,Big Lots,Walgreens,Michaels,Subway,Tru Value and QVC are all out too. So...medication,crafts,hardware/home supplies,gas,slurpies,Sandwiches,cheap outlets that sell second rate christmas decorations are all BAD now and hurting the working people(don't the average working class types all shop there)?

Did they even think about this list at all before declaring targets?

QVC? They going to take over broadcasting or what? They better not screw up my daughter's hopes of getting a Cody Simpson CD this year or the fur will fly...I know that much.

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:54 AM
That is an interesting list at the link. So...7/11,Big Lots,Walgreens,Michaels,Subway,Tru Value and QVC are all out too. So...medication,crafts,hardware/home supplies,gas,slurpies,Sandwiches,cheap outlets that sell second rate christmas decorations are all BAD now and hurting the working people(don't the average working class types all shop there)?

QVC? They going to take over broadcasting or what? They better not screw up my daughter's hopes of getting a Cody Simpson CD this year or the fur will fly...I know that much.

That is why I will not be going anywhere near the stores on Friday. First, I will be working; second I do not want to get between a women and a Black Friday special. That is nothing short of a death wish

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:55 AM
This is a great movement and even greater boycott effort that would be more impactful on the NON-1%ers. :rolleyes: Great work everyone.

Amazing how the hippies think so many of those evil 1%'s WORK at those stores on Black Friday

DragonStryk72
11-23-2011, 04:56 AM

Sorry, I needs me my Big Gulp and hot dogs

red states rule
11-23-2011, 05:00 AM

Go for it and hopefull you can walk by a hippie as you drink your Big Gulp

DragonStryk72
11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Go for it and hopefull you can walk by a hippie as you drink your Big Gulp

Lol, for that I'll take my Xtreme Gulp. One full gallon of Sweet Tea

red states rule
11-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Lol, for that I'll take my Xtreme Gulp. One full gallon of Sweet Tea

If any hippies are around you Super Size the entire order DS

Does 7-11 offer any Xtreme hot dogs?

Shadow
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM

Me too. Gotta have my soda in the mornings. I also like to get those sausage dogs that they sell 2 for a dollar...with relish (cheap AND totally bad for you). Oh Wait...that's at Shamrock...I'm safe. Sucks to be you though. :laugh2:

Shadow
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM
That is why I will not be going anywhere near the stores on Friday. First, I will be working; second I do not want to get between a women and a Black Friday special. That is nothing short of a death wish

I promised my kids I would take them to the book store. Other then that I'm planning on being home bound,I purposely did most of my Christmas shopping last weekend for that very reason.:thumb:

Abbey Marie
11-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I never shop in the stores on Black Friday. Now I have a reason to.

I was surprised to not see Dunkin Donuts on the list. Here in the northeast, there is no more prevalent store. Perhaps they have a parent company that is.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 06:28 AM
I never shop in the stores on Black Friday. Now I have a reason to.

I was surprised to not see Dunkin Donuts on the list. Here in the northeast, there is no more prevalent store. Perhaps they have a parent company that is.

Abbey we are talking about the hippies

They probably think Dunkin Donuts is a basketball team

Shadow
11-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Black Friday Occupied by More Shoppers Than Protesters

Stores across the U.S. seem to be occupied only by shoppers this Black Friday despite a call

for protestors to disrupt the busiest shopping day of the year.
The Occupy Wall Street movement announced last week their plan to “Occupy Black Friday” at stores across the country but as of mid-morning shopping was not hindered by the anti-greed movement.
There were no major reports of Occupiers taking over malls and stores across the U.S. except for a group in front of Macy’s in New York City’s Herald Square where a larger rally is expected later Friday Afternoon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/25/black-friday-occupied-by-more-shoppers-than-protesters/#ixzz1ejaFfA8k[/COLOR]

red states rule
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Black Friday Occupied by More Shoppers Than Protesters

Stores across the U.S. seem to be occupied only by shoppers this Black Friday despite a call

for protestors to disrupt the busiest shopping day of the year.
The Occupy Wall Street movement announced last week their plan to “Occupy Black Friday” at stores across the country but as of mid-morning shopping was not hindered by the anti-greed movement.
There were no major reports of Occupiers taking over malls and stores across the U.S. except for a group in front of Macy’s in New York City’s Herald Square where a larger rally is expected later Friday Afternoon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/25/black-friday-occupied-by-more-shoppers-than-protesters/#ixzz1ejaFfA8k[/COLOR]

Looks like this crap is finally starting to fade

But the cost to taxpayers across the country is staggering. I look for Dem Mayors to start demanding tax increases to cover the cost

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:05 AM
I am watching Fox News and I see shoppers were shot, stabed, and pepper sprayed - so it looks like the hippies were at the stores on Black Friday

One store did not open fast enough for the nuts - so they broke in and looted it

The store didn’t open fast enough for them — so they came up with their own door-buster.
A group of rabid shoppers, angry at having to wait for trendy Hollister clothing chain’s New York flagship in SoHo to open yesterday, crashed through its doors — and treated themselves a looting spree, cops and witnesses said.

The renegade bargainhunters — among about people waiting in a line since midnight outside the store, wrongly thinking it opened then — broke inside about 1:15 a.m. and snatched up armfuls of sweatshirts, sweaters and other clothing.

They managed to bolt with their illicit haul before store security could shut down the greedy grab-fest.

“They ran in and took bundles of clothes,’’ said stunned bystander Akeem Bridgeman, 17, who witnessed the free-for-all at the store on Broadway and East (http://www.debatepolicy.com/t/East_(designer))Houston Street.

“They were throwing things around and throwing clothes on the floor.”

“One kid, he was being really loud and crazy and gathered up all these clothes and ran out of the store and started giving them to his friends. They were really wild.

“There were a couple employees there [stocking shelves], and they were shouting at people, `Stop! You’re breaking and entering and breaking the law!’ But the people looting just ignored them,” he said.

The incident erupted after dozens of shoppers started lining up outside the massive store thinking it was going to open at midnight and feature hunky, shirtless, models milling about as part of a touted national campaign. The problem was, the store wasn’t part of the promotion and was slated to open at 10 a.m.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/mob_scene_at_soho_hollister_5bpjr8htkHocE34ScnhXsK #ixzz1ep9nDneL

Gunny
11-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Those are some of my favorite places. The hippies can go fuck themselves. What's next boycott Ruth's Chris?

Does it matter "what's next"? I'm going where I want, when I get the urge. Getting in MY face has not historically been considered a wise decision.

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Does it matter "what's next"? I'm going where I want, when I get the urge. Getting in MY face has not historically been considered a wise decision.

Only if you have paid up your health ins and/or life ins

Gunny
11-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Only if you have paid up your health ins and/or life ins

Sucks to be them, then. They don't even have jobs and want YOU to pay their health insurance.:laugh:

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Sucks to be them, then. They don't even have jobs and want YOU to pay their health insurance.:laugh:

What don't they want me to pay for on their behalf?

Gunny
11-26-2011, 07:19 AM
What don't they want me to pay for on their behalf?

Well nothing. You're a bigot and hater and part of "Wall Street" (you evil capitalist) because you aren't living in a hovel with them, not bathing or changing clothes and ranting like crack addicts whenever a camera is near. You should get right on it. And don't forget to take some children so they can be indoctrinated into being whiny, demanding do-nothings who don't feel obligated to pay their debts early on in life.

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Well nothing. You're a bigot and hater and part of "Wall Street" (you evil capitalist) because you aren't living in a hovel with them, not bathing or changing clothes and ranting like crack addicts whenever a camera is near. You should get right on it. And don't forget to take some children so they can be indoctrinated into being whiny, demanding do-nothings who don't feel obligated to pay their debts early on in life.

If I did not have to work yesterday I would have went to the mall to see if the hippies were there trying to stop people from getting into the stores

I suspect they saw the news footage of the shoppers who were out there and the hippies concluded they were nuttier then they were and backed off

Meanwhile, I would be happy to turn the fire hoses on them and give them a free shower

Gunny
11-26-2011, 07:29 AM
If I did not have to work yesterday I would have went to the mall to see if the hippies were there trying to stop people from getting into the stores

I suspect they saw the news footage of the shoppers who were out there and the hippies concluded they were nuttier then they were and backed off

Meanwhile, I would be happy to turn the fire hoses on them and give them a free shower

Yeah, I was working too. Odd how that happens. I didn't get to see any of the commercial joke known as "Black Friday".

I DID however hear on the radio that one woman (in CA -- go figure) showed up to some Wal Mart with a list and when the doors opened, she opened up ... with pepper spray! On everyone in her way!:laugh::laugh:

If I took a guess, I say she left her post at OWS long enough to go "power shopping".

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I was working too. Odd how that happens. I didn't get to see any of the commercial joke known as "Black Friday".

I DID however hear on the radio that one woman (in CA -- go figure) showed up to some Wal Mart with a list and when the doors opened, she opened up ... with pepper spray! On everyone in her way!:laugh::laugh:

If I took a guess, I say she left her post at OWS long enough to go "power shopping".

Here is another story from yesterday Gunny. the shoppers were not the only one who went nuts

A protective grandfather received a complimentary pile of bloody paper towels as part of his Black Friday shopping experience, after police slammed him to the floor at a Walmart in Buckeye, Ariz. What did the grandfather do to receive this amazing offer?

According to Fox News Phoenix, the man was shopping with his wife and grandson, just lookin' at the video games, when suddenly a mob of crazy-ass shoppers showed up to attack some of the games, rip their packaging apart, and punch each other (in the name of Baby Jesus, no doubt!).

In an effort to protect his little grandson from all the unruliness, the man - who reportedly had about $600 worth of merchandise in his cart - slipped the video game he was holding in his hand into his pants waistband for a brief moment so he could lift up the boy and carry him to safety. That's when crazy-ass cops showed up and threw him to the ground - shattering his face and producing the "personalized holiday blood towels" you can see in Fox's news reel.

The little grandson also got his own set of towels after the mob trampled upon him. Simultaneous bleeding brings families together!

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/238124-US-Cops-Body-Slam-Protective-Grandpa-As-Crazed-Shoppers-Trample-Upon-Grandson

Gunny
11-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Here is another story from yesterday Gunny. the shoppers were not the only one who went nuts

I've been saying the cops in this country are out of control for years. No one cares. It's funny watching them grab someone, throw them on the ground, separate their shoulders and smack their faces in the ground for the crowd that watches shows like Cops. Fat, stay-stay-at-home moms who watch the View and Oprah Winfrey network. They like to bitch about a cross on a chapel but the Gestapo is okay with them.

Sheep.

red states rule
11-26-2011, 07:40 AM
I've been saying the cops in this country are out of control for years. No one cares. It's funny watching them grab someone, throw them on the ground, separate their shoulders and smack their faces in the ground for the crowd that watches shows like Cops. Fat, stay-stay-at-home moms who watch the View and Oprah Winfrey network. They like to bitch about a cross on a chapel but the Gestapo is okay with them.

Sheep.

There are a few bad apples but most are fine. The few dealing I have had with Police (speeding violations) everyone has been professional, kind, and respectful. A few even let me off with a warning! :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I had four Black Friday deals on my wish list....went out at 10 am and was done by noon, got all four.....from this I conclude there were more deals than shoppers.......got a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for $39, a 2T external hard drive for $64, a BlueRay DVD with smart TV features for $74 and a Visio tablet for $199.....now I have to figure out what I'm going to give to OTHER people.....

red states rule
11-28-2011, 04:05 AM
I had four Black Friday deals on my wish list....went out at 10 am and was done by noon, got all four.....from this I conclude there were more deals than shoppers.......got a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for $39, a 2T external hard drive for $64, a BlueRay DVD with smart TV features for $74 and a Visio tablet for $199.....now I have to figure out what I'm going to give to OTHER people.....

Good job on the bargins PMP

Today is Cyber Monday so you might find some deals online for the other people

Happy hunting!

ConHog
11-28-2011, 11:37 PM

Sheep.

Many cops are like that, but not most. And of course the videos that make it on COPS and the like are the stupidest people who frankly DO deserve what they get. But most encounters with police end on a friendly note for all involved.

Cept for the bitch who cracked me over the head with a crockpot because I pulled her husband off her when he was beating the shit out of her. Things didn't end well for her. lol

Abbey Marie
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Many cops are like that, but not most. And of course the videos that make it on COPS and the like are the stupidest people who frankly DO deserve what they get. But most encounters with police end on a friendly note for all involved.

Cept for the bitch who cracked me over the head with a crockpot because I pulled her husband off her when he was beating the shit out of her. Things didn't end well for her. lol

Seriously?!

ConHog
11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Seriously?!

Yeh, we were serving a no knock warrant , me and a state trooper were at the kitchen door waiting to go in when we heard all hell breaking loose and a woman screaming for her life. We knock the door in and this dude is just beating the shit out of his wife. They were on meth big time, both of them, so it took both of us to pull the guy off the woman and as I'm controlling him so the trooper can cuff him. WHAM right over the head with a crockpot. So she got tazered by the Trooper , after being beaten by her old man. Then got to go to prison.

Meth tweakers don't play.

Abbey Marie
11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeh, we were serving a no knock warrant , me and a state trooper were at the kitchen door waiting to go in when we heard all hell breaking loose and a woman screaming for her life. We knock the door in and this dude is just beating the shit out of his wife. They were on meth big time, both of them, so it took both of us to pull the guy off the woman and as I'm controlling him so the trooper can cuff him. WHAM right over the head with a crockpot. So she got tazered by the Trooper , after being beaten by her old man. Then got to go to prison.

Meth tweakers don't play.

People on drugs are something else.

Noir
11-30-2011, 08:46 AM
The general message is 'shop at small local businesses, not large undercutting corporations.'

Which I don't think is an awful idea, like, in general I do my best to avoid supermarket chains etc, and I'm sure there are a fair few here who do the same, regardless of their views on the 'occupy' movements.

fj1200
11-30-2011, 09:28 AM
The general message is 'shop at small local businesses, not large undercutting corporations.'

Undercutting? That's a loaded word, how about more cost efficient.

Noir
11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Undercutting? That's a loaded word, how about more cost efficient.

Use whatever newspeak you like, the implementation and results are the same. The nearby supermarket may be able to sell me more 'Cost efficient' bananas than my local green grocer, but i'd pop for the grocer each time.

fj1200
11-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Use whatever newspeak you like, the implementation and results are the same.

Yup, lower costs for the consumer; lower carbon footprint as well.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM

I'd be willing to wager that Wal Mart's carbon footprint is no lower than some mom and pop joint's.

Noir
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

This is a silly thing to say. Far too broad a comment, something like a carbon footprint wi vary greatly depending on the company, the products, even the time of year the product is sold.

fj1200
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I'd be willing to wager that Wal Mart's carbon footprint is no lower than some mom and pop joint's.

I'd say efficiencies greatly favor WM in most measures of carbon footprint... if you care about that sort of thing. :)

This is a silly thing to say. Far too broad a comment, something like a carbon footprint wi vary greatly depending on the company, the products, even the time of year the product is sold.

It depends on the source of the food being sold. I was referring more to a local farmers market type setting where the carbon footprint per apple/tomato/whatever is lower at the supermarket than the guy who loaded it into his truck and drove it 30 miles(50 kilometers ;)) down to the city center even though the supermarket produce may have been flown thousands of miles. There's been studies and stuff.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I'd say efficiencies greatly favor WM in most measures of carbon footprint... if you care about that sort of thing. :)

It depends on the source of the food being sold. I was referring more to a local farmers market type setting where the carbon footprint per apple/tomato/whatever is lower at the supermarket than the guy who loaded it into his truck and drove it 30 miles(50 kilometers ;)) down to the city center even though the supermarket produce may have been flown thousands of miles. There's been studies and stuff.

I don't man, when you consider the amount of electricity the average Wal Mart uses daily it just boggles the mind. I just don't know that their KW/$ of merchandise sold would compare favorably to a mom and pop. And that's just electricity.

If you were including the manufacture and transportation of said goods, I still think WM is behind.

I'm willing to look at the evidence though.

fj1200
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
... the average Wal Mart uses daily it just boggles the mind.

I'm willing to look at the evidence though.

The number of people that go in there everyday boggles the mind but I'll look for the sites when I get a chance later.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
The number of people that go in there everyday boggles the mind but I'll look for the sites when I get a chance later.

No doubt there. I would LOVE to have just one day's receipts from even our local podunk Wal Mart.

fj1200
11-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Not so silly, you may find the exception but my comment is likely the rule:

The DEFRA report, which analysed the supply of food in Britain, contained several counterintuitive findings. It turns out to be better for the environment to truck in tomatoes from Spain during the winter, for example, than to grow them in heated greenhouses in Britain. And it transpires that half the food-vehicle miles associated with British food are travelled by cars driving to and from the shops. Each trip is short, but there are millions of them every day. Another surprising finding was that a shift towards a local food system, and away from a supermarket-based food system, with its central distribution depots, lean supply chains and big, full trucks, might actually increase the number of food-vehicle miles being travelled locally, because things would move around in a larger number of smaller, less efficiently packed vehicles.

Research carried out at Lincoln University in New Zealand found that producing dairy products, lamb, apples and onions in that country and shipping them to Britain used less energy overall than producing them in Britain. (Farming and processing in New Zealand is much less energy intensive.) And even if flying food in from the developing world produces more emissions, that needs to be weighed against the boost to trade and development.
http://www.economist.com/node/8380592?story_id=8380592

A good article but the snip above addresses the point.