PDA

View Full Version : Atheists Demand Marines Remove Cross Commemorating Fallen U.S. Soldiers

red states rule
11-22-2011, 03:58 AM
</EMBED>Why does a cross get these people so angry?

<EMBED height=224 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=400 src=http://s0.videopress.com/player.swf?v=1.03 wmode="direct" seamlesstabbing="true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" overstretch="true" flashvars="guid=x9df4oGA&isDynamicSeeking=true"></EMBED>

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Where is the actual story?

Gunny
11-22-2011, 09:07 AM

Did you know among my many other traits, I am a fortune teller?

You're going to have a bad day.

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Did you know among my many other traits, I am a fortune teller?

You're going to have a bad day.

No, I'm not Gunny. You can keep your violent imagery and aggressive wishes to yourself.

Would you object to a 13 foot star of David monument to the soldiers? What about a 13 foot Buddhist stupa?

Gunny
11-22-2011, 09:21 AM
No, I'm not Gunny. You can keep your violent imagery and aggressive wishes to yourself.

You keep up the crap you've started early this morning for long and oh yeah you will. I see you're still into your usual false accusations? Violent and aggressive? I said nothing of the sort.

Regardless, you aren't going to wreck half the threads on this board with your backward-assed 'tard-think as you have been wont to do in the past.

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:23 AM
You keep up the crap you've started early this morning for long and oh yeah you will. I see you're still into your usual false accusations? Violent and aggressive? I said nothing of the sort.

Regardless, you aren't going to wreck half the threads on this board with your backward-assed 'tard-think as you have been wont to do in the past.

Violent avie and aggressive intent. You intend that I have a bad day.

Why can't you just address the position and not make this personal attack?

Answer. You don't know how to.

Do you object to other religious symbols being taken down? Non-christian ones?

Gunny
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Spend a lot of time earning that degree in "dumbass"? Play your little "Whah! I was personally attacked" game on someone else. Your posts are personal attacks; yet, you want to get your panties in a twist when someone bucks up to your ass.

Give yourself a rest.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 10:53 AM

You feel threatened by Gunny's avie? Well in that case, I object to your avie because it makes me feel like you're going to rape my wife.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
As for the thread. Hopefully the Marines tell the atheists to go fuck themselves. Oh and I would say the same thing if a group objected to Islamic Marines being honored with whatever, or Jewish Marines being honored with a giant star.

Stupid fucks don't get that freedom OF religeon means just that, and NOT freedom FROM religeon.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
You feel threatened by Gunny's avie? Well in that case, I object to your avie because it makes me feel like you're going to rape my wife.

My avatar? Really?

Excellent.:laugh::laugh:

Gunny
11-22-2011, 11:16 AM
As for the thread. Hopefully the Marines tell the atheists to go fuck themselves. Oh and I would say the same thing if a group objected to Islamic Marines being honored with whatever, or Jewish Marines being honored with a giant star.

Stupid fucks don't get that freedom OF religeon means just that, and NOT freedom FROM religeon.

Marines don't try to force religion on anyone. We only want to be left alone to exercise our Constitutional Rights and each Marine worships who and what he wants to. I don't recall even ONE instance of this being an issue. When the shit hits the fan, as you well know, we all pray to our own God. And lots of f-ing atheists, for some reason, finally find Him.

Abbey Marie
11-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Why does a cross get these people so angry?

...the wicked detest the upright.
Proverbs 29:27

They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
John 15:21

jimnyc
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Would you object to a 13 foot star of David monument to the soldiers? What about a 13 foot Buddhist stupa?

As an example, every year at the corner of 59th and 5th in NYC, at the entrance to NYC, they put up a Menorah that is probably about 50'x50'. This doesn't bother me in the slightest bit. I'm happy that my Jewish friends are having an opportunity to celebrate their holiday. But, can you imagine the backlash had this been a 50x50 cross with Jesus on it? Do you think it would remain year after year as the Menorah has?

As for your examples, I would have NO issue whatsoever with a Star of David or something for the Buddhists. Why would I? It's certainly not harming me. If some Marines thought a 50x50 pile of shit was an appropriate way to honor a certain set of soldiers, let them do so. Why does anyone object to any display? Oh, that's right, it's only when it's Christians/Catholics doing so!

Noir
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Kinda off topic, but just as a matter of wondering - *when a service(wo)man dies and they have a military funeral, does it have to be a Christian one? Are Jewish/Muslim/Atheist funerals held etc?

Cus like obviously if I where a marine...(I'll give a wee pause here so gunny can recover from his laughing fit =P)...and I was KIA (all but enviable) I wouldn't want a Christian burial, but would that mean I could have no military funeral?

Gunny
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Kinda off topic, but just as a matter of wondering - *when a service(wo)man dies and they have a military funeral, does it have to be a Christian one? Are Jewish/Muslim/Atheist funerals held etc?

Cus like obviously if I where a marine...(I'll give a wee pause here so gunny can recover from his laughing fit =P)...and I was KIA (all but enviable) I wouldn't want a Christian burial, but would that mean I could have no military funeral?

When a Marine woman dies she's my ex, and the mother of my children. She gets the kind of burial she requests.

IF you were a Marine, I wouldn't care what kind of burial you wanted. It would be honored. IF you were a Marine. When you earn the Right to be called one, get back to me.

jimnyc
11-22-2011, 12:00 PM

Enjoy reading, young man!

http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=marine+burial+ceremonies&fr=yfp-t-701-s&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=marine+burial+ceremonies&d=4540867415441956&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=2d18d807,e9c21e97&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=mXZ4d8NvWcNROtJa2W.6dw--

And a PDF of the same thing:

http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO%205360.10A.pdf

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Just so ya know, there is nothing preventing a military funeral from being agnostic, spiritual, non spiritual, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Wiccan or even multi denominational. Pick a religion or none, it does not matter. The military will bury its deceased with dignity and honor. Attempts by military members to honor their fallen comrades are their way of showing respect and honoring the fallen's contributions. The same is true for veterans. If you have never been a member of a "band of brothers" you would hardly understand.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Marines don't try to force religion on anyone. We only want to be left alone to exercise our Constitutional Rights and each Marine worships who and what he wants to. I don't recall even ONE instance of this being an issue. When the shit hits the fan, as you well know, we all pray to our own God. And lots of f-ing atheists, for some reason, finally find Him.

The only time I remember religion ever being an issue in the Army was in boot camp when people realized that not attending some sort of church service (and many were offered at Fort Dix) on Sunday meant you "volunteered" for extra cleaning duty. Everyone attended church LOL

And is true, there are no atheists in foxholes.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:25 PM
The only time I remember religion ever being an issue in the Army was in boot camp when people realized that not attending some sort of church service (and many were offered at Fort Dix) on Sunday meant you "volunteered" for extra cleaning duty. Everyone attended church LOL

Odd, isn't it? You have three military SNCO's calling bullshit on civilian propaganda. These douche's think their brand of religion is a topic worth melting down over, and all we know is what we lost. Losers, one and all.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Just so ya know, there is nothing preventing a military funeral from being agnostic, spiritual, non spiritual, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Wiccan or even multi denominational. Pick a religion or none, it does not matter. The military will bury its deceased with dignity and honor. Attempts by military members to honor their fallen comrades are their way of showing respect and honoring the fallen's contributions. The same is true for veterans. If you have never been a member of a "band of brothers" you would hardly understand.

That's what cracks me up about all these soft little civvies trying to tell the military how they should operate.

For example "oh you gotta let gays serve without being worried about being kicked out because someone reported they are gay." I got news for those idiots if the gay soldier is RESPECTED by his brothers/sisters no one would give a shit if s/he's gay.

Same with religion, I don't care what religion the guy next to me is, or if he is religious at all, as long as I know he has my back. My children's godfather is a gay atheist Ranger that I guarantee you or Gunny would be proud and glad to have next to you in a foxhole. I know because I've been there many times with him.

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM

There are atheists in foxholes but they are all on the other side and haven't met the likes of some of my friends yet.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Odd, isn't it? You have three military SNCO's calling bullshit on civilian propaganda. These douche's think their brand of religion is a topic worth melting down over, and all we know is what we lost. Losers, one and all.

I was never an NCO, I went from corporal to 2nd Lt.

As you know, that was actually a demotion. :laugh:

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Personally, I don't give a crap what civilians think about how I operated in the military. I care a lot more what my peers think and do. And no, civilians who never have or never will serve are not my peers!

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Dang! you sure talk purty fer a guy with a lobotomy!

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
That's what cracks me up about all these soft little civvies trying to tell the military how they should operate.

For example "oh you gotta let gays serve without being worried about being kicked out because someone reported they are gay." I got news for those idiots if the gay soldier is RESPECTED by his brothers/sisters no one would give a shit if s/he's gay.

Same with religion, I don't care what religion the guy next to me is, or if he is religious at all, as long as I know he has my back. My children's godfather is a gay atheist Ranger that I guarantee you or Gunny would be proud and glad to have next to you in a foxhole. I know because I've been there many times with him.

Do you REALLY think I haven't known any gay Marines? I care about that as much as I do their religion. As long as they are Marines first, that's all that matters. And if you can step up and man up, I'm not much interested in your personal life during a fire-fight.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM

You regressed from an NCO to a zero? I'll try to not hold it against you.:laugh:

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I would have to say that the only military folks I know of who worried about things like religion, sexual preference and things like that were all staff pukes planning on being politicians someday or chaplains.

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Dang! you sure talk purty fer a guy with a lobotomy!

Hey now. I was a good mustang and knew exactly who actually ran the military (obviously the Generals think it's them LOL)

That's one thing I never did like about the military, the frowning upon officers fraternization with enlisted. Hell, I was no better than the lowliest corporal. I was of course better than the privates, oh and I was and am better than ANY jarhead. :laugh2:

ConHog
11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
You regressed from an NCO to a zero? I'll try to not hold it against you.:laugh:

At the time I thought it meant someone liked what they saw when they looked at me, but 20 years later I realize that they probably just wanted to put me somewhere where I wouldn't hurt someone so they made me a junior officer. :laugh2:

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey now. I was a good mustang and knew exactly who actually ran the military (obviously the Generals think it's them LOL)

That's one thing I never did like about the military, the frowning upon officers fraternization with enlisted. Hell, I was no better than the lowliest corporal. I was of course better than the privates, oh and I was and am better than ANY jarhead. :laugh2:

So sayeth my Army Mustang brother. From long distance.

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
So sayeth my Army Mustang brother. From long distance.

Yer not gonna get into one of these interservice rivalry things are ya? If ya are, I need popcorn and a beer.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Yer not gonna get into one of these interservice rivalry things are ya? If ya are, I need popcorn and a beer.

With ConHog? Nah. He can be whatever he wants to be.

I might however pop a top with you SgtMaj ... depending on what the label says ....

CSM
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
With ConHog? Nah. He can be whatever he wants to be.

I might however pop a top with you SgtMaj ... depending on what the label says ....

Alas, you are only allowed a specified ration of alcohol in a lifetime. I drank all mine and someone elses too so now I am cutoff for the rest of my days. Plus I am old. Glad to have a steak and a fake beer with either of you anytime though!

ConHog
11-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Alas, you are only allowed a specified ration of alcohol in a lifetime. I drank all mine and someone elses too so now I am cutoff for the rest of my days. Plus I am old. Glad to have a steak and a fake beer with either of you anytime though!

I would be proud to grill a steak for either of men. Inter service rivalry apart, we all know that the man in the uniform is more important than the uniform.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd remove that cross when then pry it out of my cold dead hands. Something pussy, threatening civilians don't get .... I'd die for for what I believe and take as many of you pussy motherfuckers with me.

PostmodernProphet
11-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Enjoy reading, young man!

http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=marine+burial+ceremonies&fr=yfp-t-701-s&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=marine+burial+ceremonies&d=4540867415441956&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=2d18d807,e9c21e97&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=mXZ4d8NvWcNROtJa2W.6dw--

And a PDF of the same thing:

http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO 5360.10A.pdf

lol....signed by

G.R. Christmas
Deputy Chief of Staff
Manpower and Reserve Affairs

atheists are gonna' be pissed.....I'm sure they will file a lawsuit demanding he change his name....

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:50 AM

The story is that some pathetic Atheists have nothing better to do than to harass Marines who want to honor their fellow Marines who died in the line of duty