PDA

View Full Version : Atheists Launch ‘Naughty, Not Nice’ Holiday Campaign to Target Discrimination

red states rule
11-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Perhaps if they were not so "offended" every year over Christmas they would not feel discriminated against

And they are using Santa is ther ads BTW

Non-believers are ready to cut through the cheer this holiday season with an in-your-face ad campaign aimed at stemming discrimination against those who don’t place credence in a higher power.

The American Humanist Association’s new campaign, which was announced today, features messages that highlight the fact that some atheists and non-believers feel mistreated by the masses. Billboards and newspaper ads proudly proclaim (http://www.americanhumanist.org/What_We_Do/Naughty_Awareness_Ads/Ads), “Bias Against Atheists is Naughty, Not Nice.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/atheists-launch-naughty-not-nice-holiday-campaign-to-target-discrimination-against-non-believers/

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/bias-atheists-620x291.png

CSM
11-22-2011, 07:34 AM
How in the heck are they being discriminated against? Seems to me that the reverse is true if anything. Then there is that whole "freedom of religion" thingy.

Shadow
11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
I guess they don't get enough attention during the Christmas holiday? How about they just pick an athiest mascot...create their own holiday around it and knock themselves out. Why piggyback onto somthing they don't believe in or enjoy. Talk about no imagination.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I guess they don't get enough attention during the Christmas holiday? How about they just pick an athiest mascot...create their own holiday around it and knock themselves out. Why piggyback onto somthing they don't believe in or enjoy. Talk about no imagination.

What mascot would you use to represent the devout belief in non-belief?:dunno:

Shadow
11-22-2011, 09:11 AM

Don't know...but then I am not an athiest either. They just seem to like dealing in negative and angry things though...so, If I picked for them it would probably be something that represented that to me...like an Evil Clown face. :laugh2:

Gunny
11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Don't know...but then I am not an athiest either. They just seem to like dealing in negative and angry things though...so, If I picked for them it would probably be something that represented that to me...like an Evil Clown face. :laugh2:

I'd have to find something that talked out of both sides of its face. You know, like hypocrites tend to do.

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Clearly, atheists are a hated group in America.

Nukeman
11-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Clearly, atheists are a hated group in America.ACtually MOST Americans could CARE LESS about the athiest. Athiest bring their problems upon themselvs, they bash the Christian religion all the time yet they for some reason are silent during Eid or Rash Hashana yet when Christmas rolls around look out they bring out the big guns. Why is that. Are you afraid of Ismaist or Jews. You can only pick at Christians?? You think becasue of all the religions in the world the Christians are the most passive, that give you carte blance to treat them badly and never expect a response???? IDIOTS!!!!

If you don't believe in a higher power why does Chrstmas offend you soo much.. I don't get it, if you feel its hokey or BS why waste YOUR time attempting to insight others than play the f***ing vicitm game. "oh look I insulted their religion than they got mad at me", "how can they call themselves Christian and not accept me". Jesus said turn the other cheek but remember you only have 2 to turn. He never said be a doormat now did he.....

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
All you have to do is read threads on political forums and you will see how much Christians hate atheists. It is impossible for an atheist to be elected to public office in America.

Nukeman
11-22-2011, 09:34 AM
All you have to do is read threads on political forums and you will see how much Christians hate atheists. It is impossible for an atheist to be elected to public office in America.Why do athiest pick at Christians?? They go out of their way EVERY year at Christmas and pick at them than step back and say "poor me look how mean the Christians are" "All I did was tell them they are idiots for believing in a higher power and make fun of their religion". "Ohh why do they hate me".

If you really hate all religion than WHY DO YOU NOT PROTEST DURING EID??? Once again are YOU afraid of the Muslims???

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Why do athiest pick at Christians?? They go out of their way EVERY year at Christmas and pick at them than step back and say "poor me look how mean the Christians are" "All I did was tell them they are idiots for believing in a higher power and make fun of their religion". "Ohh why do they hate me".

If you really hate all religion than WHY DO YOU NOT PROTEST DURING EID??? Once again are YOU afraid of the Muslims???

First, of all, I'm not a true atheist. I'm not at war with Christmas, no one is. I do not hate all religion,

Get a grip, you're quite hysterical. I am not standing in as representative for whatever it is you're enraged about.

Nukeman
11-22-2011, 09:46 AM
First, of all, I'm not a true atheist. I'm not at war with Christmas, no one is. I do not hate all religion,

Get a grip, you're quite hysterical. I am not standing in as representative for whatever it is you're enraged about.Two different threads you claim I am hysterical!!! Do you project much!! I am very calm just sick of the constant attack by athiest on ONE religion in particular.

Where have I said anything to make you THINK I'm hysterical or need to "get a grip" I don't understand how YOU can tell how I'm feeling or acting through a keyboard and the internet... You have some majic eaight ball for something??

I find it funny that athiest like to pick at a religion truely based in peace yet when Ramadan or Eid, come around they are silent. If we have a Christmas stamp the athiest are up in arms yet you are silent when the post office made samps for Eis, why si that, I have asked this question a couple of times now and you have YET to answewr it. WHY do you pick at Christians and NOT Muslims, are you afraid?????

Wind Song
11-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Two different threads you claim I am hysterical!!! Do you project much!! I am very calm just sick of the constant attack by athiest on ONE religion in particular.

Who do you think is attacking you? I'm not.

Where have I said anything to make you THINK I'm hysterical or need to "get a grip" I don't understand how YOU can tell how I'm feeling or acting through a keyboard and the internet... You have some majic eaight ball for something??

I find it funny that athiest like to pick at a religion truely based in peace yet when Ramadan or Eid, come around they are silent. If we have a Christmas stamp the athiest are up in arms yet you are silent when the post office made samps for Eis, why si that, I have asked this question a couple of times now and you have YET to answewr it. WHY do you pick at Christians and NOT Muslims, are you afraid?????

Who do you think is picking on your religion? I'm not. I have no problem with Christmas, or Ramadan for that matter.

I am not up in arms over postage stamps of any kind.

Why do I have to answer for atheists? I'm not even sure I am one.

Gunny
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Clearly, atheists are a hating group in America.

Fixed that for ya

Gunny
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Who do you think is picking on your religion? I'm not. I have no problem with Christmas, or Ramadan for that matter.

You have a problem with anything that isn't bleeding-heart liberal red. GMAFB. You DO realize there are people on this board that already know your little act?

ConHog
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
How in the heck are they being discriminated against? Seems to me that the reverse is true if anything. Then there is that whole "freedom of religion" thingy.

But see, this is just another case of retards who either aren't capable of understanding that the First Amendment says freedom OF religion , not freedom FROM religion, or they are just dishonest fucks.

Either way, worrying about what they think is a waste of time.

Thunderknuckles
11-22-2011, 10:48 AM
ACtually MOST Americans could CARE LESS about the athiest. Athiest bring their problems upon themselvs, they bash the Christian religion all the time yet they for some reason are silent during Eid or Rash Hashana yet when Christmas rolls around look out they bring out the big guns.
This is defined as Truth.
:clap:

ConHog
11-22-2011, 10:49 AM
All you have to do is read threads on political forums and you will see how much Christians hate atheists. It is impossible for an atheist to be elected to public office in America.

Are you ever NOT a victim?

Here's an idea, don't thrust your lesbian atheism in everyone's faces and no one would even know , or care Sky. Have you ever considered that, or do you just have to have the attitude that dammi everyone here will accept me as a gay atheist no matter how loud I have to scream?

ConHog
11-22-2011, 10:51 AM

You have to answer for atheists in THIS thread, because you picked up the gauntlet. See, that's how it works. If you post in defense of something , someone is going to call you out for such.

PostmodernProphet
11-22-2011, 02:26 PM

an interesting challenge....how about the sloth?

actively engaged in inactivity?......

ConHog
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM

No posting pics of OCA . :laugh2:

That clown must have gotten busted at one of the Occupy gatherings huh?

Gunny
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM

Poor sloths ....

Love Monkey
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Wonder what kind of stuff Santa brings Atheists?

red states rule
11-23-2011, 02:37 AM

Get a grip, you're quite hysterical. I am not standing in as representative for whatever it is you're enraged about.

Since the core belief of atheists is that there is no God, why are so infatuated with God? Why do they want all public references to God removed? Why do they feel so intimated by God? And why do they put so much time, effort, and money trying to remove God fromt he public view?

ConHog
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Since the core belief of atheists is that there is no God, why are so infatuated with God? Why do they want all public references to God removed? Why do they feel so intimated by God? And why do they put so much time, effort, and money trying to remove God fromt he public view?

Why? Because you're going to believe what THEY believe goddamit.

Which is exactly why I get disgusted when conservatives start to show the same sort of behavior. Let THEM act that way.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Why? Because you're going to believe what THEY believe goddamit.

Which is exactly why I get disgusted when conservatives start to show the same sort of behavior. Let THEM act that way.

I guess your middle of the road attitude stops you from asking logical and reasonable questions to those who want to remove all references of God from the public view

What is disgusting is people who are willing to constantly roll over to these people without wanting to say a word in protest