PDA

View Full Version : Your tax dollars at work

Little-Acorn
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
The Department of Homeland Security is hard at work, exercising their Constitutional mandate to educate us about... turkey fryers.

Thank God the government is here to do that for us. Can you imagine what horrors would ensue if we didn't have them around to tell us about these things?

I mean, we might actually have to start taking care of OURSELVES!!!

Oh, the humanity!

-------------------------------------------

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/dhs-issues-turkey-fryer-warning

DHS issues Turkey fryer warning

November 22, 2011 10:53am

by Charlie Spiering
Commentary Staff Writer

The Department of Homeland Security is taking any threat seriously during the Thanksgiving holiday, including the ominous threat to our national security posed by turkey fryers.

"How dangerous can turkey fryers be?" asks a warning issued on the official DHS Twitter account. "Make sure the turkey is completely thawed before placing in a fryer, or this may happen."

The department linked to an ominous video highlighting the dangers of deep frying a turkey.

"Use turkey fryers outdoors at a safe distance from buildings." the DHS tweeted, "Never use turkey fryers in a garage or on a wooden deck."

fj1200
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
WTF is wrong with people!

Little-Acorn
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM

They think government should take care of us.

fj1200
11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Talk about mission creep. :rolleyes:

logroller
11-22-2011, 10:33 PM

I know, right? Who deep fries a turkey-- carnies? :laugh2:

Don't get me wrong, i love me some fried food as much as any other lipitor fan; but its Thanksgiving, roast the damn bird.

red states rule
11-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Government tells us it's for our own good

and I thnk of this classic movie scene and the response you get

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iZOIsqvtXAg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

fj1200
11-23-2011, 08:46 AM
I know, right? Who deep fries a turkey-- carnies? :laugh2:

Don't get me wrong, i love me some fried food as much as any other lipitor fan; but its Thanksgiving, roast the damn bird.

Crazy unbending neo-con. :slap:

red states rule
11-24-2011, 04:02 AM
How many jobs will the Obama administration claim were saved/created by this warning? :laugh2: