PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Favorite Slumlord Sentenced to Decade in Prison

red states rule
11-23-2011, 04:33 AM
As the old saying goes: Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are

A former top fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich was sentenced Tuesday to 10 1/2 years in prison for pressuring businesses for millions in kickbacks, an unusually stiff penalty that could portend a tough day for the former governor when he is sentenced for his own corruption convictions.

Antoin "Tony" Rezko spent 3 1/2 years in custody awaiting sentencing on his 2008 convictions for fraud, money laundering and plotting to squeeze more than $7 million in kickbacks from companies that wanted to do business with the state during Blagojevich's tenure. He will get credit for time served and will serve 85 percent of his total sentence.

Attorneys for the former Chicago real estate developer and fast-food entrepreneur had asked that he be set free, saying he had served more time than others convicted as part of the federal investigation of Blagojevich.

But U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve told Rezko his "selfish and corrupt actions" had damaged the trust people have in their government and cited his repeated lies about his role in the schemes.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ILLINOIS_CORRUPTION_FUNDRAISER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

ConHog
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Other than being from Chicago how is this guy tied to Obama?

fj1200
11-23-2011, 02:42 PM

He gave BO a sweet, below market deal on his next door property. I think he was also a bundler and had some other connections; I'm sure RSR will give the full blow-by-blow later.

ConHog
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
He gave BO a sweet, below market deal on his next door property. I think he was also a bundler and had some other connections; I'm sure RSR will give the full blow-by-blow later.

I'm sure he will, I just am too lazy to Google it for myself right now and hadn't really heard of this guy being tied to Obama before.

Thunderknuckles
11-23-2011, 02:46 PM
He was on Obama's finance campaign committee during his senate run and Obama engaged in a couple of shady real estate deals with Rezko that were brought to light during his Presidential run. Nothing ever came of it however.

ConHog
11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
He was on Obama's finance campaign committee during his senate run and Obama engaged in a couple of shady real estate deals with Rezko that were brought to light during his Presidential run. Nothing ever came of it however.

With all the shadiness being brought up during the campaign I guess I missed that one.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
With all the shadiness being brought up during the campaign I guess I missed that one.

I am shocked CH!!!!!

You mean there is something you DO NOT KNOW?

Here is the ties to Obama and Rezko and their dealings

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/rezkotimeline.php

ConHog
11-24-2011, 10:18 AM
I am shocked CH!!!!!

You mean there is something you DO NOT KNOW?

Here is the ties to Obama and Rezko and their dealings

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/rezkotimeline.php

Was there ANY call for that sort of dickhead remark? I guess I'll remember this the next time someone is calling you fat and I'm going to tell them to shut up. Oh wait , I just did that about 5 minutes ago. '

Of course there are things I don't know. I never said or suggested otherwise. And in fact I am here to learn new things and then form an opinion, I'm sorry it upsets you so that I don't form an opinion that suits you whether I know the facts or not, but that's life.

red states rule
11-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Was there ANY call for that sort of dickhead remark? I guess I'll remember this the next time someone is calling you fat and I'm going to tell them to shut up. Oh wait , I just did that about 5 minutes ago. '

Of course there are things I don't know. I never said or suggested otherwise. And in fact I am here to learn new things and then form an opinion, I'm sorry it upsets you so that I don't form an opinion that suits you whether I know the facts or not, but that's life.

I must have struck a nerve CH? Yes when you admit there is somehting you do not know it could be counted as a hisroric occusion

I do not why you say you came her to learn since you always seem to be the one wanting to teach