PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim

ConHog
11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
anyone else addicted to this game? I hate the fucker. For real it is a HUGE game, something like 650 main areas to explore and another 300 minor areas. Just a giant game. A lot of fun.

Noir
11-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah my gfs hooked, barely spoke to me yetersay cus she was questing xD looks/sounds an awesome game.

ConHog
11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah my gfs hooked, barely spoke to me yetersay cus she was questing xD looks/sounds an awesome game.

I got it for my Xbox 360 and the graphics are just unreal and it is no kidding the biggest map I've ever seen in a game.

Thunderknuckles
11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I've been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall. I got back into playing Oblivion heavily just waiting for Skyrim. It does not disappoint and never doubted that it would. I'm a PC guy, not much into consoles primarily due to the modding capabilities in PC game versions which extend the life of these games far more than the original, provided you have a good modding community which the Eldar Scrolls series does.

I got it for my Xbox 360 and the graphics are just unreal and it is no kidding the biggest map I've ever seen in a game.
They actually have scaled back world size from previous releases. To give you an idea, Skyrim is about 16 square miles in size. Daggerfall was 60,000+ square miles - that thing was ginormous!

ConHog
11-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I've been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall. I got back into playing Oblivion heavily just waiting for Skyrim. It does not disappoint and never doubted that it would. I'm a PC guy, not much into consoles primarily due to the modding capabilities in PC game versions which extend the life of these games far more than the original, provided you have a good modding community which the Eldar Scrolls series does.

They actually have scaled back world size from previous releases. To give you an idea, Skyrim is about 16 square miles in size. Daggerfall was 60,000+ square miles - that thing was ginormous!

Seem I'm just the opposite of you. I prefer console to PC games. As for modding , with the addition of DLC games can be expanded on consoles and are. Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game I had ever played, never had even heard of it, just happened to buy it on a lark when I bought my launch day PS3. Loved it and love Skyrim even more.

Have you fought a dragon yet? Well I mean after the first one.

Noir
11-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Out of wondering what are the system requirements for skyrim? (and what are you running it on?)

iirc my late 2009 iMac has an intel core duo 2.8 ghz processor and 4gb DDR3 ram, really doubt the processor will be enough but not sure...

Edit- thinking about it more i think it actually a 2.66 ghz processor.

Thunderknuckles
11-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Have you fought a dragon yet? Well I mean after the first one
I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now there is one, sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Out of wondering what are the system requirements for skyrim?
Here are the min specs needed:

* CPU: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
* RAM: 2 GB
* HDD: 6 GB
* Graphics: 512 MB card
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c
* Internet for Steam activation

Edit:
To really enjoy the stunning graphics you obviously need a decent rig. I'm running a quad core @ 2.something Ghz, 6GB RAM, and a 640 MB video card. Not a monster machine but the graphics are great on it.

Noir
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now, there is one sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Edit:
To really enjoy the stunning graphics you obviously need a decent rig. I'm running a quad core @ 2.something Ghz, 6GB RAM, and a 640 MB video card. Not a monster machine but the graphics are great on it.

I've got a niggly feeling it only has 256 dedicated graphics. Curses >,>

DragonStryk72
11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry, I've been working Beta-test for Star Wars The Old Republic. Thank god they finally decided to open up the beta so I can talk about, but Skyrim does look pretty awesome.

ConHog
11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now there is one, sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Edit:

I would say the same thing about wild animals. There's too many of them. You can't go 10 feet from a city without half a dozen wolves attacking you, and they don't even give you much in the way of rewards.

The game is still fun though.

Thunderknuckles
11-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I would say the same thing about wild animals. There's too many of them. You can't go 10 feet from a city without half a dozen wolves attacking you, and they don't even give you much in the way of rewards.

The game is still fun though.
Just save those skins from animals to get your Smithing to 100 if you're into it. I don't know if Bethesda meant smithing to level the way it does but basically all you need to do is craft 5 things to level up once in Smithing which means you can level all the way to 100 in one sitting in about 30 minutes just crafting leather bracers (assuming you have enough materials to do it in one shot). In any case it doesn't take long.
I like crafting, improving, and enchanting my own weapons and armor specific to my build and being able to custom name your stuff is kinda cool too. The only thing Skyrim seems to be missing so far is the ability to craft your own spells. At least I haven't found a way to do it yet. If you find a way, please let me know :)

CSM
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I looked at Skyrim, but I like online multiplayer stuff (XBOX 360) so have a hard time getting into single player. Curretnly loving the heclk out of Battlefield 3. I just installed the remake of the original HALO (3D version) and played it a bit.... awesome in 3D by the way.

Noir
12-01-2011, 09:36 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/73193d67.jpg

CSM
12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/73193d67.jpg

LOL! I will check it out I guess.

ConHog
12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Just save those skins from animals to get your Smithing to 100 if you're into it. I don't know if Bethesda meant smithing to level the way it does but basically all you need to do is craft 5 things to level up once in Smithing which means you can level all the way to 100 in one sitting in about 30 minutes just crafting leather bracers (assuming you have enough materials to do it in one shot). In any case it doesn't take long.
I like crafting, improving, and enchanting my own weapons and armor specific to my build and being able to custom name your stuff is kinda cool too. The only thing Skyrim seems to be missing so far is the ability to craft your own spells. At least I haven't found a way to do it yet. If you find a way, please let me know :)

I do SOME smithing. it's an easy way to make some gold, steal some jewels and silver, smith some jewelry , sell it.

I don't do much with magic.

I'm into the thieves guild part of the game. I've robbed about every person in Skyrim. There are very few building I don't have keys to.

I'm getting ready to join the Dark Brotherhood and I hope I get to learn who has hired them to try to kill me so I can fuck them up. I've already taken out 3 of their assassins.

If you like to sneak and pick pocket try picking the pocket of the Jarl in Solitude, that's the sign of a badass. :laugh:

ConHog
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I looked at Skyrim, but I like online multiplayer stuff (XBOX 360) so have a hard time getting into single player. Curretnly loving the heclk out of Battlefield 3. I just installed the remake of the original HALO (3D version) and played it a bit.... awesome in 3D by the way.

My two boys (one of them isn't really my son, but he may as well be) are hard core into the Modern Warfare online games. They are all the time bugging me to play with them, and I'm like "Guys, I did that for a living, I don't need the video game to experience it and I don't really have an interest."

Now I'll beat some ass in NCAA Football 12 online. :D

Thunderknuckles
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I do SOME smithing. it's an easy way to make some gold, steal some jewels and silver, smith some jewelry , sell it.

I don't do much with magic.

I'm into the thieves guild part of the game. I've robbed about every person in Skyrim. There are very few building I don't have keys to.

I'm getting ready to join the Dark Brotherhood and I hope I get to learn who has hired them to try to kill me so I can fuck them up. I've already taken out 3 of their assassins.

If you like to sneak and pick pocket try picking the pocket of the Jarl in Solitude, that's the sign of a badass. :laugh:
My favorite builds are the stealth assassin/thief types. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were awesome in Oblivion. I've only done a few of the quests for them in Skyrim but I hear the DB story is very good. I haven't done much pick pocketing yet but I'll give the Jarl on Solitude a visit soon...

Currently level 30.

ConHog
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
My favorite builds are the stealth assassin/thief types. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were awesome in Oblivion. I've only done a few of the quests for them in Skyrim but I hear the DB story is very good. I haven't done much pick pocketing yet but I'll give the Jarl on Solitude a visit soon...

Currently level 30.

We're about the same, I hit level 30 just last night. My wife is a little behind at level 25. She's Mrs Goody two shoes , she accidentally stole a basket and was looking for a guard to turn herself in . LOL meanwhile I'm stealing anything that isn't bolted down. The thieves guild is fun, as I said I haven't started the DB yet. One thing I will say for Skyrim is that there is a TON of shit to do, talk to EVERY person you come across almost all of them have missions to offer. That's why I haven't started the DB yet, I already have too many open missions to finish up.

ConHog
12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, another thing to do if you want a challenge is go to where the mammoth's are and try to kill one. Between them and the giant who will invariably get pissed that you're trying to kill one of his mammoths you'll be in for a fight.

CSM
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
My two boys (one of them isn't really my son, but he may as well be) are hard core into the Modern Warfare online games. They are all the time bugging me to play with them, and I'm like "Guys, I did that for a living, I don't need the video game to experience it and I don't really have an interest."

Now I'll beat some ass in NCAA Football 12 online. :D

I play with an ex Navy navigator, a retired Marine chopper pilot, and an ex SEAL. We tend to kick ass in BF3 and none of us care too much for MW series.

cadet
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I bought the game during my thanksgiving break. Mostly for my brothers.

lost my life for a few days... ;)

I stuck with the magic mostly! i love shooting fire at every thing that moves!!!!

Man... i wish dad would've let me bring my x-box to college...

Noir
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
anda wee edit by meself

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/bdivpwbiv.jpg

DragonStryk72
12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
LOL! I will check it out I guess.

It may actually have online multiplayer, I think

CSM
12-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Now that would be interesting!

CSM
12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Dammit! I have been reading reviews etc on SKYRIM and now I am more than intigued. Now I have to go out and get it and prolly stay up all hours of the night to check it out.

Noir
12-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Not *yet*.
It is possible to do (indeed a mod was made for Oblivion with multiplayer) but it is an extensive mod with a mind-boggling amount of coding needed, but I have do doubt there are teams working on it now. Though when (and even if) it'll be available is anyones guess.

ConHog
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Dammit! I have been reading reviews etc on SKYRIM and now I am more than intigued. Now I have to go out and get it and prolly stay up all hours of the night to check it out.

It is a great game.

CSM
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
It is a great game.
The graphics look awesome too. I will be getting it this weekend an give it a shot.

ConHog
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
The graphics look awesome too. I will be getting it this weekend an give it a shot.

360, PS3, or PC? I have in on 360 and the graphics are beautiful. I would be shocked if it doesn't win game of the year. Except that Batman is awesome to.

CSM
12-02-2011, 10:48 AM
360, PS3, or PC? I have in on 360 and the graphics are beautiful. I would be shocked if it doesn't win game of the year. Except that Batman is awesome to.

360 connected to 55" LCD 3D/HDTV 1080p mode. It should look great. However, I will only get to use that rig when the wife lets me. Alternatively, have a 32" LCD (yea I have two Xboxes) which is my emergentcy rig when the wife gets a hair across her butt and starts whining about me hogging the "big TV".

ConHog
12-02-2011, 11:25 AM
360 connected to 55" LCD 3D/HDTV 1080p mode. It should look great. However, I will only get to use that rig when the wife lets me. Alternatively, have a 32" LCD (yea I have two Xboxes) which is my emergentcy rig when the wife gets a hair across her butt and starts whining about me hogging the "big TV".

I have an Epson 1080P projector projecting to a 200" screen down in the theater room. Now THAT is a big screen LOL. But it's really too big too play video games on. So usually play on the 32 inch LCD in the game room.

Thunderknuckles
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
360 connected to 55" LCD 3D/HDTV 1080p mode. It should look great.
The scenery is unbelievable. You'll find yourself just pausing sometimes to admire the surroundings - right before some random bandit shoots you in the back or a Dragon decides you'd make a good meal :D

CSM
12-02-2011, 12:49 PM
oh goody! somehow, getting ate by a dragon sounds like fun.

ConHog
12-02-2011, 12:59 PM
The scenery is unbelievable. You'll find yourself just pausing sometimes to admire the surroundings - right before some random bandit shoots you in the back or a Dragon decides you'd make a good meal :D

Dragons don't eat me. I eat dragons.

Thunderknuckles
12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Dragons don't eat me. I eat dragons.
Stop playing on Novice level :p

ConHog
12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Stop playing on Novice level :p

Novice level was WAY too easy after you get leveled up any at all.

But seriously, dragons aren't that bad. Try fighting two giants and a couple of mammoths all the while being attacked by wolves.

Thunderknuckles
12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Damn the Dark Brotherhood is brutal! Just finished a mission I felt really bad about lol.

ConHog
12-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Damn the Dark Brotherhood is brutal! Just finished a mission I felt really bad about lol.

No spoilers please. I Haven't done any of them, and I have the big guide but purposely am not reading ahead.

DragonStryk72
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Not *yet*.
It is possible to do (indeed a mod was made for Oblivion with multiplayer) but it is an extensive mod with a mind-boggling amount of coding needed, but I have do doubt there are teams working on it now. Though when (and even if) it'll be available is anyones guess.

I'm sure it'll be on there within a month or so.Gamers wanna show off their houses and such too much to let that go

ConHog
12-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm sure it'll be on there within a month or so.Gamers wanna show off their houses and such too much to let that go

First DLC supposed to drop on Nov 11. It's supposed to be pretty extensive, but no clue as to what will be included yet.

DragonStryk72
12-03-2011, 03:12 AM
First DLC supposed to drop on Nov 11. It's supposed to be pretty extensive, but no clue as to what will be included yet.

Well, you know there'll be some new quests at least

ConHog
12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, you know there'll be some new quests at least

Obviously I got the date wrong, but I read to that it will include new maps and new quests.

donaldg
04-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I like skyrim but it glitch

STTAB
12-29-2017, 11:03 AM
weird to read this thread and then realize that finally 6 years later mods come to the game on console. It's still a bad ass game.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-29-2017, 01:45 PM
weird to read this thread and then realize that finally 6 years later mods come to the game on console. It's still a bad ass game.
My son has it in PS4 VR. He loves it... says I should get it for my VR.

STTAB
12-29-2017, 02:25 PM
My son has it in PS4 VR. He loves it... says I should get it for my VR.

I'll bet that is fun.

I've heard that Fallout IV is fun in VR too except that the Pip Boy is hard to operate.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-29-2017, 02:41 PM
I'll bet that is fun.

I've heard that Fallout IV is fun in VR too except that the Pip Boy is hard to operate.
I bought a PS4 PRO with a VR bundle last month and still haven't played a VR game, other than a little tank deal that's in the demo.

I get a kick out of the VR videos... ;)

Have Drive Club and the son has been on me try that. Say's watch out for motion sickness, that it's so real it's sensory overload. Some of the videos I've watched I already had to close my eyes because the way they moved around just made me queasy. Yeah VR is a trip.