PDA

View Full Version : Dad places infant son in microwave

gabosaurus
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
God told him to do it, of course. Sickos always enjoy using God as a dodge.

GALVESTON (AP) -- A 19-year-old has been charged with felony injury to a child after police say he burned his 2-month-old daughter by putting her in a motel microwave oven.

Joshua Royce Mauldin, 19, is being held in the medical unit of the Galveston County Jail after being taken there by Galveston police shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, a sheriff's department spokesman said today.

The baby involved is at Shriners Burns Hospital in Galveston, being treated for third-degree burns to the left side of her face and left hand.

Mauldin, who is from Arkansas, is being held in lieu of a $250,000 bond and is set to go before a grand jury today.

Mauldin is in the jail's medical unit under observation as a precautionary measure, the spokesman said. Mauldin is being checked at least every 15 minutes although he is not listed as a suicide risk.

If convicted of the charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily harm, Mauldin faces from five to 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child's injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin's mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.

Doniston
05-16-2007, 11:11 AM

GALVESTON (AP) -- A 19-year-old has been charged with felony injury to a child after police say he burned his 2-month-old daughter by putting her in a motel microwave oven.

Joshua Royce Mauldin, 19, is being held in the medical unit of the Galveston County Jail after being taken there by Galveston police shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, a sheriff's department spokesman said today.

The baby involved is at Shriners Burns Hospital in Galveston, being treated for third-degree burns to the left side of her face and left hand.

Mauldin, who is from Arkansas, is being held in lieu of a $250,000 bond and is set to go before a grand jury today.

Mauldin is in the jail's medical unit under observation as a precautionary measure, the spokesman said. Mauldin is being checked at least every 15 minutes although he is not listed as a suicide risk.

If convicted of the charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily harm, Mauldin faces from five to 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child's injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin's mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.

Sick, but not the first time --- Someone else did that recently. (I beleive a mother.)

darin
05-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Did you have another link where the guy claims God told him to microwave the baby? I see "God told him to go to Galveston" - don't see him blaming God for his mircrowave activity.

Monkeybone
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
duh DMP, since it started that way, it just goes along with it. like an umbrella...

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Did you have another link where the guy claims God told him to microwave the baby? I see "God told him to go to Galveston" - don't see him blaming God for his mircrowave activity.

Doesn't matter to me why he did it..give the idiot the max..
But, blaming God is a good insanity defense.

-Cp
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
This Sick Bastard Needs To Be Shot!!!

That Is One Of The Most Jacked Up Things I've Ever "heard' Of..... Seriously.... Shoot This Guy Now....

Nienna
05-16-2007, 11:45 AM

I wondered that, too...

darin
05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Doesn't matter to me why he did it..give the idiot the max..
But, blaming God is a good insanity defense.

I still can't see where he said "God told me to microwave the baby" That's the point. The guy said "God told me to come to this city". Gabby thinks that means "God told me to microwave my baby".

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll bet this baby is F'd up now. Microwaves don't just cook the outside, they penetrate. If the baby was in long enough to have third-degree burns on its face, I'm sure it has brain damage/organ hemorrages/muscle damage/eye damage/etc. This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.

Little-Acorn
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.

Without doubt. I can't offhand think of a more sickening, horrifying thing to do.

Don't bother correcting gabby's pronouncements, though. He's not interested in what the guy actually said or didn't say. He's just using the incident to push his broad-brush "Anyone who believes in God is crazy" agenda.

Dilloduck
05-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm constantly amazed by people who expect sane behavior from mentally ill people. Schizophrenics et al do not choose to be mentally ill. They are true victims of a disease that physically prevents sane thinking and behavior. Would you be shocked if someone with a brain tumor had difficulty with their balance or sight ?

Monkeybone
05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
the thing that i get Duck, is that ppl don't like to 'label' so to speak in this day and age. the person has to be either a victim or misunderstood. it might hurt their feelings if you tell them that they have a problem.

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM

I cant wait until he hit's the prison yard, he will become a popular attraction, that piece of shit.:pee:

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I'll bet this baby is F'd up now. Microwaves don't just cook the outside, they penetrate. If the baby was in long enough to have third-degree burns on its face, I'm sure it has brain damage/organ hemorrages/muscle damage/eye damage/etc. This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.

You don't want him put in a cell and forgotten at all, if that happens he wont become the whore for the prison block!

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I still can't see where he said "God told me to microwave the baby" That's the point. The guy said "God told me to come to this city". Gabby thinks that means "God told me to microwave my baby".

I know...it's not in there..but it's gabby ya know. Always adding her lil twist for shock effect true or false.

Dilloduck
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
the thing that i get Duck, is that ppl don't like to 'label' so to speak in this day and age. the person has to be either a victim or misunderstood. it might hurt their feelings if you tell them that they have a problem.

We have diseased people with labels out the wazoo. People are just afraid and ignorant when it comes to mental illness We treat them like circus freaks and are scared of death of their "abnormal" thinking and behavior. It scares me even more to see what people think and do when NO physically verifible illness is present. I'm not advocating this guy not be held responsible yet maybe some public education instead of public ignorance would go a long way in getting these people the help they need BEFORE they hurt other people.

typomaniac
05-16-2007, 01:29 PM
As soon as they start making adult-sized microwaves, I'm buying one. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/teu67.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to break it in on Dick Cheney and Karl Rove. Be interesting to see which one of them explodes first.

Mr. P
05-16-2007, 01:30 PM
You don't want him put in a cell and forgotten at all, if that happens he wont become the whore for the prison block!

He won't last on the block. That's a good thing.

Dilloduck
05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I know...it's not in there..but it's gabby ya know. Always adding her lil twist for shock effect true or false.

YES ! Gabby is prime example----the esteemed "counselor" or whatever she is will try to beat Jesus outta this guy instead of proper diagnosis and medication.

-Cp
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I think someone must've microwaved Gabby as a kid.... .