PDA

View Full Version : Parental controls

Jess
11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Anybody have good experience with a specific program that allows parents to safeguard the computer when minor children are using it? I'd like to find a free one, if possible.

Kathianne
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Anybody have good experience with a specific program that allows parents to safeguard the computer when minor children are using it? I'd like to find a free one, if possible.

If no one does, ask the tech librarian at your kids school, they'll know.

DragonStryk72
11-25-2011, 12:50 AM

Unfortunately, there aren't many worth anything that are free, because in the end, kids are better with technology than their parents are, having grown up with it.

Jess
11-25-2011, 08:20 AM
If no one does, ask the tech librarian at your kids school, they'll know.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. The minions can get on "Study Island" which is a site they use at school. Pretty interesting, from what I've seen so far. K-12 stuff.

I might check at the public library here too. They have links to game sites on their webpage. Plus, they have computers for the kids to play on at the library. They have to have some sorts of controls there, hmmm?

Jess
11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately, there aren't many worth anything that are free, because in the end, kids are better with technology than their parents are, having grown up with it.

The minions are fairly young yet, so I'm still ahead of them. No, I do not expect that to continue for a whole lot longer. ;)