PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Bans Footage, Photos of Bombings

Dfresh
05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2007/05/15/719928-iraq-bans-footage-photos-of-bombings

Another success story....

krisy
05-16-2007, 12:12 PM
While I unserstand freedom of the press,I also understand that the press can take things tooooo far. So their banned from taking pics for an hour. If it allows the police to better do their job and that's what it takes to get the press out of the way then MAYBE it's an idea. Maybe a solution would be for the press to back off and let the police do their work and investigations FIRST,which is what is most important in catching whomever did the crime. There could be people that are hurt as well and if the press gets in the way,that's not good.

I understand both sides,but don't usually have a lot of sympathy for media,they can be ruthless.

Monkeybone
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
we do that here (without the warning shots). you have to stay so far back from a scene. nothing wrong with that

lily
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
While I unserstand freedom of the press,I also understand that the press can take things tooooo far. So their banned from taking pics for an hour. If it allows the police to better do their job and that's what it takes to get the press out of the way then MAYBE it's an idea. Maybe a solution would be for the press to back off and let the police do their work and investigations FIRST,which is what is most important in catching whomever did the crime. There could be people that are hurt as well and if the press gets in the way,that's not good.

I understand both sides,but don't usually have a lot of sympathy for media,they can be ruthless.

I think we're in agreement here, Krisy. I have to admit, when I first heard this on the news they didn't mention the hour waiting period. It only makes sense.