PDA

View Full Version : Arrggg! Winter Comes

Kathianne
11-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Yesterday we were in the 50's, all in all, this fall has been decidedly on the mild side. Yes, we've gone below freezing at night, but more days in the 50's & even 60's than 40's or 30's. That seems to be ending. Watching snow/rain falling now. Going to work in a bit, need to add time for the drive in the slush.

Gunny
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Yesterday we were in the 50's, all in all, this fall has been decidedly on the mild side. Yes, we've gone below freezing at night, but more days in the 50's & even 60's than 40's or 30's. That seems to be ending. Watching snow/rain falling now. Going to work in a bit, need to add time for the drive in the slush.

:lalala: * I can't hear you *

Binky
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
We've got nice weather here. Had a few really cold days and two with some rain, but other than that the temps are about the same as yours. I guess it's suppose to be nice like this for a few more days. We'll see if the weatherman is correct or full of crapola.

Kathianne
11-27-2011, 12:31 AM
:lalala: * I can't hear you *

You're not in Texas anymore! LOL!

red states rule
11-27-2011, 08:50 AM
It will be in the 60's today and Monday; 50's on Tues, and the 40's on Wed/Thurs

Jess
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM

We've had cold, but not freezing rain, no snow, no ice ... YET. I think that's all gonna happen when Gunny has to work outside. ;)

Wait til we get 18" in a day or two like last year. I won't be able to pry Gunny out of the house with a crowbar. Maybe a come-along or a winch on the truck ...

shattered
11-28-2011, 11:49 AM
We've had cold, but not freezing rain, no snow, no ice ... YET. I think that's all gonna happen when Gunny has to work outside. ;)

Wait til we get 18" in a day or two like last year. I won't be able to pry Gunny out of the house with a crowbar. Maybe a come-along or a winch on the truck ...

I think he needs a spiffy new pair of snow pants for Christmas. :coffee:

Gunny
11-28-2011, 11:51 AM

You are S-O-O-O in trouble .....:smoke:

Jess
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Great! Now the surprise is spoiled.

They were the poofy white ones too. And they crocheted hat with the dingleberries hanging down on the sides.

Fortunately you didn't mention the red, one-piece long johns with the happy flap in the back.;)

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Great! Now the surprise is spoiled.

They were the poofy white ones too. And they crocheted hat with the dingleberries hanging down on the sides.

Fortunately you didn't mention the red, one-piece long johns with the happy flap in the back.;)

Ooh! Ooh! Oh!!!! Can I pretty, pretty, pretty please send him the new camo snuggie with the feet, and back flap? :begbegbegbeg:

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:01 PM
You are S-O-O-O in trouble .....:smoke:

Eh? Was I ever OUT of trouble?

Thunderknuckles
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM
We'll be enjoying mid 70s here in SoCal this week. Winter hasn't really hit us yet. When it does, we'll drop into the 60s. Sometime we fall into the 50s with some drizzle and a bit of a breeze. That's when people really start to complain about the weather :p

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Oh!!!! Can I pretty, pretty, pretty please send him the new camo snuggie with the feet, and back flap? :begbegbegbeg:

He's really been eyeballing the "Forever Lazy" (available in fashionable pink, grey or blue) ever so wistfully. They come with matching socks too. And if you order now, you can get two sets, so you have one to wear to the tailgate party when the other is in the wash.:clap:

On a side note, my evil phone originally substituted the word "dicks" for "socks". That would have been awkward. But funny.:laugh:

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
We'll be enjoying mid 70s here in SoCal this week. Winter hasn't really hit us yet. When it does, we'll drop into the 60s. Sometime we fall into the 50s with some drizzle and a bit of a breeze. That's when people really start to complain about the weather :p

I'd rather live in 12" of snow than SoCal. Spent WAY too many years there. The people are okay if you get away from the coast, but the coasties dictate the rest of everyone's lives. You can have it.

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM

With all due respect sir, you may want to back slowly and quietly out of this thread before you get gang-neg-repped into submission. :cool:

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
He's really been eyeballing the "Forever Lazy" (available in fashionable pink, grey or blue) ever so wistfully. They come with matching socks too. And if you order now, you can get two sets, so you have one to wear to the tailgate party when the other is in the wash.:clap:

On a side note, my evil phone originally substituted the word "dicks" for "socks". That would have been awkward. But funny.:laugh:

:smoke:

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
:smoke:

Yes, lovey-bumpers? *batts eyes innocently*

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Yes, lovey-bumpers? *batts eyes innocently*

You know what the odds of me wearing that gay shit is ....

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM
You know what the odds of me wearing that gay shit is ....

Yeah but it amuses us to think it.:laugh:

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah but it amuses us to think it.:laugh:

I can strap a tool belt, and a roll of ductape, and electrical tape to it, as well as a coil of rope, and he'd probably dive head first into it. Add pink bunny slippers for traction, ear muffs, and fluffy mittens, and he'll be ready for anything.

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I can strap a tool belt, and a roll of ductape, and electrical tape to it, as well as a coil of rope, and he'd probably dive head first into it. Add pink bunny slippers for traction, ear muffs, and fluffy mittens, and he'll be ready for anything.

Y'all have issues. :smoke:

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM

You could also offset the tutu with the axe we were looking at in Farm King yesterday.

You got a good video camera? We can sit back n watch.

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM

Sigh. Sure, YOU want a new toy for Christmas, but we're not allowed to play dress the Gunny doll?

Pffft.

Little-Acorn
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
You're not in Texas anymore! LOL!

And that's a bad thing?

--------------------

P.S. What's "snow"?

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:34 PM
You could also offset the tutu with the axe we were looking at in Farm King yesterday.

You got a good video camera? We can sit back n watch.

You wanna be careful what goes in to that tool belt. He can probably do enough damage with toothbrush bristles - don't want to give him a whole axe... That could work out poorly for both of us.. :cool:

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Your point is what, exactly?

Gunny
And that's a bad thing?

--------------------

P.S. What's "snow"?

I'm caught between hammering your ass and being amazed that after YEARS, you actually tried some humor.

Thunderknuckles
I'd rather live in 12" of snow than SoCal. Spent WAY too many years there. The people are okay if you get away from the coast, but the coasties dictate the rest of everyone's lives. You can have it.
I know what you mean. The weather and scenery are awesome here but the fruitcakes on the coast make it tough to enjoy it all.

With all due respect sir, you may want to back slowly and quietly out of this thread before you get gang-neg-repped into submission. :cool:
:bow3:
Have a nice discussion folks. I'll see ya in the other threads.

Gunny
11-28-2011, 12:36 PM
You wanna be careful what goes in to that tool belt. He can probably do enough damage with toothbrush bristles - don't want to give him a whole axe... That could work out poorly for both of us.. :cool:

Hah! Get her to show you the axe I was looking at in the store.:laugh:

Jess
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Anything we give him will be turned into a weapon, that's true enough.

We just have to guide his ire. Particularly close is a couple section 8 houses with people who don't take care of their lil kitties and puppies.

We got nothing to worry about. Well, not us personally. ;)

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Hah! Get her to show you the axe I was looking at in the store.:laugh:

Completely unnecessary, I'm sure. I'm no fool. That's why I'm only willing to give you tape and string. :D

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Last year I had to shovel my car out of a very deep snow to get my husband at a train station, because someone decided the train was not going to go on to the next station. Where my husband's car was parked.

Guess what I got *him* for Christmas this year? A snow thrower. :cool:

shattered
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Anything we give him will be turned into a weapon, that's true enough.

We just have to guide his ire. Particularly close is a couple section 8 houses with people who don't take care of their lil kitties and puppies.

We got nothing to worry about. Well, not us personally. ;)

Speak for yourself. I'm perpetually in trouble, and I don't even know why... :dunno:

I'm just an :angel:

darin
11-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Man, I can't WAIT for the snow to fall. Trying to be calm, but I see a couple/few snowflakes in our forecast. Course, I drive a subaru with blizzaks, so I don't particularly have trouble on snowy roads...

Not my car - but it IS the kind of road I hope for :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy9sNdCQ390

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Man, I can't WAIT for the snow to fall. Trying to be calm, but I see a couple/few snowflakes in our forecast. Course, I drive a subaru with blizzaks, so I don't particularly have trouble on snowy roads...

Not my car - but it IS the kind of road I hope for :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy9sNdCQ390

You know that I heart that you heart snow. :cool:

CSM
11-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Between the emmasculation of Gunny and the sado-masichism of DMP, this thread is pretty funny!

darin
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
You know that I heart that you heart snow. :cool:

Peas and Carrots.

Between the emmasculation of Gunny and the sado-masichism of DMP, this thread is pretty funny!

blah - don't be skeerd of the snow, Sergeant Major. :D Embrace it with Blizzaks.

Kathianne
11-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Indeed, should have titled it Midwestern Great Lakes and Windy City weather thread. ;)

darin
11-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Tonight I got the Blizzaks installed on the Subaru. Yee-HAH C'mon SNOW! :)

I hope to get vid of my 'bru pulling a stuck SUV out of the snow at some point...

Love Monkey
11-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Cold weather and snow makes the Love Monkey grumpy...

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Cold weather and snow makes the Love Monkey grumpy...

Well, Monkey, you must live up to your moniker. Light a fire if you have a fireplace, and do some snuggling up with your significant other while the snow falls. It's the best time!

Jess
11-30-2011, 08:31 PM

Nah, Gunny is just a good sport. Not too sure about dmp tho ...
:cool:

CSM
12-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Nah, Gunny is just a good sport. Not too sure about dmp tho ...
:cool:
Since when is any Marine "a good sport"???? As for DMP ... I mean just look at his posts AND he's an Army guy!

Jess
12-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Since when is any Marine "a good sport"???? As for DMP ... I mean just look at his posts AND he's an Army guy!

You can always tell a Marine. You just can't tell em much. ;)

darin
12-01-2011, 02:18 PM
had our first snow. Just after two days of heavy rain. Pond flooded :( And for the record, I'm a TERRIFIC sport. :D

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2807&d=1322767069

logroller
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

GHG and Global warming aside, we can't send our weather to the other states. As a consolation, we are sending businesses and the jobs that go with them. :thumb:

Thunderknuckles
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I have an update on our local weather that should satisfy Jess and not get me neg-rep'ed so I am briefly slipping back into the conversation :D

As of last night, the Santa Ana winds came with a vengeance. These were not your typical hot winds but cold and reached category 1 hurricane strength. We have a few local states of emergency popping up with power lines toppled, trees snapping and going through people's houses, and some fires breaking out. We even had to temporarily shut down a freeway to remove someone's trampoline that had blown onto it. Now that's a catastrophe that the Global Warmers can put in their "We're all gonna die!" pamphlets :p

Winds should continue until tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully, house Thunderknuckles has been spared any serious damage as of yet.

Over and out.

logroller
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I have an update on our local weather that should satisfy Jess and not get me neg-rep'ed so I am briefly slipping back into the conversation :D

As of last night, the Santa Ana winds came with a vengeance. These were not your typical hot winds but cold and reached category 1 hurricane strength. We have a few local states of emergency popping up with power lines toppled, trees snapping and going through people's houses, and some fires breaking out. We even had to temporarily shut down a freeway to remove someone's trampoline that had blown onto it. Now that's a catastrophe that the Global Warmers can put in their "We're all gonna die!" pamphlets :p

Winds should continue until tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully, house Thunderknuckles has been spared any serious damage as of yet.

Over and out.

I'll bet the fireworks show at Disneyland is cancelled. "Oh the humanity!"