PDA

View Full Version : Test your Psychopathy

chloe
11-27-2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

jimnyc
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Sadly, I must admit that about 14 or so on that list define me at times! :coffee:

chloe
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Sadly, I must admit that about 14 or so on that list define me at times! :coffee:

Damn ! you are scary Jim.:rolleyes:

Noir
11-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Nine for moi.

Abbey Marie
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
3 for me

darin
11-28-2011, 05:58 AM
six

revelarts
11-28-2011, 07:43 AM
But the psychopath would lie about their score right?

Abbey Marie
11-28-2011, 08:27 AM
But the psychopath would lie about their score right?

Uh oh. How bad WAS yours?

(j/k) :cool:

revelarts
11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
could you believe me if i told you now?

but my was (edit: almost) the same as yours Abby.

seriously.

Jess
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Mine was perfect. *I* don't have issues with my lessers, it's not that I'm perfect - just better than them. What's their problem, anyway? They can't deal with it? Tough.

I blame it on my childhood. My parents made me put out the fires I started --- how could they? Just because I needed to take the car for a high-speed chase, to go mock the local drug-dealers in the "bad part of town", talked my brother into covering for me, and left him to take all the blame? Not my fault he was so stupid.

:rolleyes:

cadet
11-28-2011, 10:22 AM
we're all a little crazy, it just makes us human! (12)

revelarts
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
politicians psychopaths

Politicians and stockbrokers share many of the same characteristics as criminal psychopaths. The only difference is that career high-flyers usually stay within the law. Some could be defined as "successful psychopaths", according to Lisa Marshall, a psychologist at Glasgow's Caledonian University. In a three-year research project that involved interviewing 105 long- term offenders in Scottish prisons, she discovered that upbringing appeared to be an important factor in whether a child became a psychopath, as well as genetic make-up.
To discover which offenders were psychopaths she questioned them and compared their answers to a widely used list of 20 characteristics of a psychopath, the annual conference of the British Psychological Society's criminological and legal division were told. To be considered a psychopath, they needed to display a number of the 20 core characteristics. Ms Marshall added that people in some high-powered careers, such as stockbroking and politics - she did not rule out journalists - had enough of the 20 characteristics to be defined as psychopathic.
She said: "Successful psychopaths included people with careers such as stockbrokers, where a lot of action was happening and where they had a lot of power. "They have to be quite cold and callous. You could say a politician. [They] might be in control and have power. They are risk-takers.They have the characteristics of psychopaths but without the criminal intent."
She added that psychopaths made good fraudsters.

The following commentary includes material obtained by the National Association of Chiefs of Police from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Behavioral Analysis Unit.) Psychopathy is a personality disorder manifested in people who use a mixture of charm, manipulation, intimidation, and occasionally violence to control others, in order to satisfy their own selfish needs. Although the concept of psychopathy has been known for centuries, the FBI leads the world in the research effort to develop a series of assessment tools, to evaluate the personality traits and behaviors attributable to psychopaths.
Interpersonal traits include glibness, superficial charm, a grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, and the manipulation of others. The affective traits include a lack of remorse and/or guilt, shallow affect, a lack of empathy, and failure to accept responsibility. The lifestyle behaviors include stimulation-seeking behavior, impulsivity, irresponsibility, parasitic orientation, and a lack of realistic life goals.
Research has demonstrated that in those criminals who are psychopathic, scores vary, ranging from a high degree of psychopathy to some measure of psychopathy. However, not all violent offenders are psychopaths and not all psychopaths are violent offenders. If violent offenders are psychopathic, they are able to assault, rape, and murder without concern for legal, moral, or social consequences. This allows them to do what they want, whenever they want. Ironically, these same traits exist in men and women who are drawn to high-profile and powerful positions in society including political officeholders....

...What doesn't go unnoticed is the fact that some of the character traits exhibited by serial killers or criminals may be observed in many within the political arena. While not exhibiting physical violence, many political leaders display varying degrees of anger, feigned outrage and other behaviors. They also lack what most consider a "shame" mechanism. Quite simply, most serial killers and many professional politicians must mimic what they believe, are appropriate responses to situations they face such as sadness, empathy, sympathy, and other human responses to outside stimuli.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Serial killers and politicians share traits - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement-in-national/serial-killers-and-politicians-share-traits#ixzz1f29s304L) http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement-in-national/serial-killers-and-politicians-share-traits#ixzz1f29s304L

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/460ldKaXUeo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/460ldKaXUeo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Nukeman
11-28-2011, 06:02 PM
sixGotta go with D.. I got a 6.. hmm......

Love Monkey
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
I had a feeling that somebody was going to start a thread on Psychopathy...

chloe
11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
I had a feeling that somebody was going to start a thread on Psychopathy...

Very Intuitive love:rolleyes:

SassyLady
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
the word "Arkancide" was at the top of mine so I clicked on it .... kinda lost interest in the test after that.... realized it was a spoof about the Clintons.....ugh