PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Woman Claims 13-Year Affair with Herman Cain

Little-Acorn
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
To me, this one looks pretty definite.

The woman showed some cell phone bills to a FOX reporter, showing sixty-plus calls to and from a number that Herman Cain apparently answers to. The FOX reporter then talked to Cain, who said he knew the woman, but had never had any kind of affair, and had only tried to help her financially.

Is Cain telling the truth, and he only tried to help this woman financially, and the woman is making up lies about a physical affair?

Or is the woman telling the truth, and they DID have a physical affair?

Can she show airline tickets for the dates in question? Registrations etc. from the Ritz in Buckhead, bills from the Four Seasons restaurant, etc.? Remains to be seen. If Cain was only "helping her financially", I don't think he would have flown her to lots of cities, put her up in fancy hotels etc. Did he?

There is a LOT of smoke here. No fire, really?

-----------------------------------------------------

Thunderknuckles
11-28-2011, 06:32 PM
At this point it's all moot. Cain is already finished and this is just salt on the wound, well, more like a whole can of Morton's on the wound :p
I suppose the only thing left is for a love child to come forward.

shattered
11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
If people spent half the time worrying about their own actions and life that they spend worrying about someone elses, this world would be a lot better off.

Dilloduck
11-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Seems that people rarely act anymore anyway. They just talk.

Little-Acorn
11-28-2011, 07:12 PM
It's clear what Herman Cain must do at this point.

And it's the only honorable thing to do.

He must go into court, and petition for a legal change of name, to William Jefferson Clinton Cain.

Then, with the background he apparently has, he'll be elected in a flash. And even RE-elected four years later. And the media will back him, and cover for him, every step of the way.

Love Monkey
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I saw that woman's picture on Fox News. If this story is true, I recommend that Herman Cain get himself a new pair of beer goggles.

Noir
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
At this point it's all moot. Cain is already finished and this is just salt on the wound, well, more like a whole can of Morton's on the wound :p
I suppose the only thing left is for a love child to come forward.

For serious? What 'finished' him?

Thunderknuckles
11-28-2011, 10:42 PM
For serious? What 'finished' him?
The combination of all previous accusations. His numbers have already taken a big drop and this just makes it worse. Whether the accusations are true or false makes no difference really. When one thinks of Cain now, they think of sexual misconduct and not 9-9-9. That was the intended effect. He's completely off message, playing pure defense, and perception is reality. I won't say it is impossible for him to come back from it but it will take something extraordinary.

ConHog
11-28-2011, 11:29 PM
The combination of all previous accusations. His numbers have already taken a big drop and this just makes it worse. Whether the accusations are true or false makes no difference really. When one thinks of Cain now, they think of sexual misconduct and not 9-9-9. That was the intended effect. He's completely off message, playing pure defense, and perception is reality. I won't say it is impossible for him to come back from it but it will take something extraordinary.

I say it's simpler than that. Unless Obama gets reelected b/c the Republicans can't field a decent candidate , another black man will not be elected.

Little-Acorn
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
He's toast.

"I'm reassessing my campaign" is always the death rattle.

I pretty much believe this latest woman myself. Phone bills are pretty damning, and if she can show any hotel receipts (even gift shop receipts from buying a Snickers bar or whatever), or airline tickets, or restaurant receipts, that pretty much does it. Why would Cain bring her to these various cities if all he was doing was "helping her financially"?

Only if she admits she has no such receipts of any kind, is there any chance it wasn't the affair she claims. But IMHO that's pretty unlikely.

Damn it, Herm, I liked you. But if this stuff it true, then you're stupid. Not to mention a real cad to your wife and kids.

If it somehow turns out years later that all these women WERE lying and in fact Cain did nothing, this will be the the most astonishingly vile sabotage campaign in the history of U.S. politics.

But I don't think so. There's WAY too much smoke.

--------------------------------------------------

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/29/cain-reassessing-candidacy-as-new-allegations-emerge/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Cain Reassessing Candidacy as New Allegations Emerge

by JEFF ZELENY
November 29, 2011, 11:53 am

Herman Cain told members of his campaign staff on Tuesday that he was reassessing whether to proceed with his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, an aide confirmed, a day after an Atlanta woman disclosed details of what she said was a 13-year affair with him.

In a morning conference call with his advisers, Mr. Cain said that he would make a decision in the coming days about whether to stay in the presidential race after his campaign was rocked by another round of allegations about his sexual conduct.

The call, which was first reported by National Review, came as Mr. Cain was heading to Michigan for a campaign stop on Tuesday evening. He said that he was discussing the future of his campaign with his family and was considering options for his next move.

logroller
11-29-2011, 10:45 PM
... he only tried to help this woman financially...
-----------------------------------------------------
Well so far he got one lady to quit, failed to get another a job, and this one he gave 'only financial assistance'. Sounds like he needs to rethink his party affiliation-- sounds like a democrat.

Kathianne
11-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Either some group has really rolled this guy, which would be pretty hard to do or he was a player and failed to recognize that he's no Clinton and his wife isn't Hillary.

CSM
11-30-2011, 07:40 AM
The only thing that can save cain now is if he declares himself to be gay.

11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Im disappointed with Cain. He had potential. I could have supported him. I hadn't made any final decisions, i still haven't. But he's been such a disappointment. You know, if he made mistakes in the past, I could forgive him if he was honest about them. But either he is lying or he just can't handle the pressure of this scandal. Either way, he is demonstrating to me that he really isn't ready to be President. He just don't have the character now, and character is something we desperately need.

So quite honestly, I am back to who knows who I am going to support. I like Romney and Gingrich, they are both proven leaders. But they too have character issues and have flirted with the left. Perry hasnt been appealing whatsoever. His immigration stances and his inability to actually discuss issues concerns me. Santorum and Bachmann have good character from what I can tell, but I am not sure if they are ready for leadership. I can't support Paul's foreign policy and i dont think he is an effective leader. And it seems like Huntsman is living off his fathers good name more than anything.

I really don't know where to go with this.

fj1200
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I really don't know where to go with this.

Gingrich/Romney and put your trust in Congress to drive the agenda.

CSM
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm thinking along the same lines but I am not fond of Romney.

Thunderknuckles
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't know about Romney but I can't see Gingrich letting Congress drive the agenda.

fj1200
12-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't know about Romney but I can't see Gingrich letting Congress drive the agenda.

If Congress is run properly then he may have no choice but to be dragged along. I think he'd be more than happy to sign off on anything Paul Ryan/Eric Cantor could put forward.

Kathianne
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
If Congress is run properly then he may have no choice but to be dragged along. I think he'd be more than happy to sign off on anything Paul Ryan/Eric Cantor could put forward.

I think financially perhaps, but look at what he said about the illegals. He knows how to move Congress, at least if the majority are Republicans. He's not really 'tea party' either.

fj1200
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I think financially perhaps, but look at what he said about the illegals. He knows how to move Congress, at least if the majority are Republicans. He's not really 'tea party' either.

I think he was reasonable about illegals but nevertheless as we've seen before Congress is going to be driving that issue or will at least quickly backlash against something unacceptable.

Kathianne
12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
I think he was reasonable about illegals but nevertheless as we've seen before Congress is going to be driving that issue or will at least quickly backlash against something unacceptable.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many conservatives are not what liberals think they are.

fj1200
12-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. Many conservatives are not what liberals think they are.

:confused: Not sure what you're saying but iirc both Bush and BO had amnesty attempts tossed back at them.

Kathianne
12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
:confused: Not sure what you're saying but iirc both Bush and BO had amnesty attempts tossed back at them.

Amnesty will not fly. That's not just from the right, but left, and indies too.

Sane immigration program with sane enforcement and right to legality? It's all in the order presented.

fj1200
12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Amnesty will not fly. That's not just from the right, but left, and indies too.

Sane immigration program with sane enforcement and right to legality? It's all in the order presented.

Agreed, didn't claim otherwise.