PDA

View Full Version : The lies we email each other

Shadow
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Anyone got stories of being lied to online? Especially those who have participated in dating sites and other message boards regularly?

Wondering if that fabulous man you've been chatting with online is really a mountain-climbing astronaut fluent in six languages, including Latin?
According to a new study published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, chances are he's simply one of the many people who can't help stretching the truth when they hit the keyboard.
"I wouldn't say that human beings are a big pack of liars," says Robert S. Feldman, professor of psychology and dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. "But I would say that it's very easy to lie."
This is especially true when we go online, according to Feldman's research.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/23/8980114-the-lies-we-email-each-other

ConHog
11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Anyone got stories of being lied to online? Especially those who have participated in dating sites and other message boards regularly?

Wondering if that fabulous man you've been chatting with online is really a mountain-climbing astronaut fluent in six languages, including Latin?
According to a new study published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, chances are he's simply one of the many people who can't help stretching the truth when they hit the keyboard.
"I wouldn't say that human beings are a big pack of liars," says Robert S. Feldman, professor of psychology and dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. "But I would say that it's very easy to lie."

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/23/8980114-the-lies-we-email-each-other

Are you saying you don't believe that I am a 6'5" Herculean built ninja billionaire with a 15" long penis?:laugh:

Shadow
11-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Are you saying you don't believe that I am a 6'5" Herculean built ninja billionaire with a 15" long penis?:laugh:

Of course I believe you. By the way...what do you think of my Christmas outfit this year? Is it too much?

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/jcj41064/Christmas/Sexy_Girl_Santa_41.jpg

Jess
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM

In my experience, women have been worse than men. Men are generally pretty up-front with what they want (no pun intended).

Personally, I can't lie worth jack, even via email. Baptist guilt, you know. And why would I want to lie to anybody? What's the point? Most people aren't worth the time and energy it would take, IMO. But I've learned that SOME people apparently have nothing better to do or have no "real" life.

Gunny
11-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Which time?

Shadow
11-30-2011, 10:19 PM
In my experience, women have been worse than men. Men are generally pretty up-front with what they want (no pun intended).

Personally, I can't lie worth jack, even via email. Baptist guilt, you know. And why would I want to lie to anybody? What's the point? Most people aren't worth the time and energy it would take, IMO. But I've learned that SOME people apparently have nothing better to do or have no "real" life.

I'm not a good liar either...mainly because I can't hide what I'm thinking...it's usually written all over my face. Online you would think people would be more honest and open since they are anon,but it does tend to bring out the liars and game players more often.

I always thought it was telling...that even when asked the simplest questions...most posters won't (or can't) give an honest answer. I guess it messes up the illusion they have created about themselves or something.

I do love the ones that spend day and night online and then claim they are world travelors and experts on everything from brain surgery to dealing in ancient artifacts to lion training. :)

Shadow
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Which time?

Exactly. It's a strange phenomena.

Did you know my boyfriend Steve Perry has been wooing me online for the last three years and we are going to get married someday?

Gunny
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not a good liar either...mainly because I can't hide what I'm thinking...it's usually written all over my face. Online you would think people would be more honest and open since they are anon,but it does tend to bring out the liars and game players more often.

I always thought it was telling...that even when asked the simplest questions...most posters won't (or can't) give an honest answer. I guess it messes up the illusion they have created about themselves or something.

I do love the ones that spend day and night online and then claim they are world travelors and experts on everything from brain surgery to dealing in ancient artifacts to lion training. :)

Why lie? That means you have to remember them. I'm too lazy for that crap ....

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:32 PM

Did you know my boyfriend Steve Perry has been wooing me online for the last three years and we are going to get married someday?

Pffffft! That's nothing.

I'm really a genius, built like a brick sh!thouse, got millions in the bank and only come here to remember what it's like to be a commoner.

Don't tell Gunny. ;)

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Nobody that works with Darcilious is lazy. It's not allowed.

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Can I be the flower girl?

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:36 PM

There are times when I have not or will not answer a straight question. But that is more about either not lying to someone and/or not giving them personal information that I'm not comfortable handing out. Of course, I was raised both not to lie and not to hurt other's feelings by plainly telling them that I don't trust them. Weird, huh?

Shadow
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Pffffft! That's nothing.

I'm really a genius, built like a brick sh!thouse, got millions in the bank and only come here to remember what it's like to be a commoner.

Don't tell Gunny. ;)

You too?? Small world.

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
You too?? Small world.

Maybe we're twins? Separated at birth as part of some science experiment ... the possibilities with this are endless.

Shadow
11-30-2011, 10:48 PM
There are times when I have not or will not answer a straight question. But that is more about either not lying to someone and/or not giving them personal information that I'm not comfortable handing out. Of course, I was raised both not to lie and not to hurt other's feelings by plainly telling them that I don't trust them. Weird, huh?

I will usually answer most questions honestly...even if they are personal. I started out doing it as a dare/challenge (because a few boys I know kept hinting to me that I was a liar)... it's not easy being that open all the time either I have learned.

I don't like hurting people's feelings either...not even online.

Gunny
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Pffffft! That's nothing.

Don't tell Gunny. ;)

:dunno:

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
:dunno:

My bad. Figured you were just after all my money.

But now I know the truth: You're after my sister's trucks n stuff, huh?

ConHog
11-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't get lying to people on a dating site for reals. I've never used one got married before they were the IN thing, but I am assuming that meeting the person you are talking to is the end game, ,so what purpose does lying serve? I could sort of see the less scrupuolous among us lying on a message board where one isn't going to ever meet the people they are lying to ( I say sort of because although I don't get the rationale, I at least see that actually being found out is pretty unlikely) but if you tell a woman you're 6'5" solid muscle and have a full head of hair, she MIGHT notice when you show up and you're only 5'8" fat and bald LOL

Gunny
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM

Oh I am. Is that $4 you said you had ?

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I will usually answer most questions honestly...even if they are personal. I started out doing it as a dare/challenge (because a few boys I know kept hinting to me that I was a liar)... it's not easy being that open all the time either I have learned.

I don't like hurting people's feelings either...not even online.

Ask Ducky about me circling around a question ten times before answering, just so I wouldn't be lying. He caught me every time. :laugh:

Oddly enough, Ducky and Gunny were the two who called me on that. They were also the two who didn't ask a bunch of stupid, angled questions that were inappropriate. And I would say they are both stand-up guys but that would totally mess up their reps. So I won't say that. :cool:

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh I am. Is that $4 you said you had ?

I got way more than that. I got $10 now. 2795

Shadow
11-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Ask Ducky about me circling around a question ten times before answering, just so I wouldn't be lying. He caught me every time. :laugh:

Oddly enough, Ducky and Gunny were the two who called me on that. They were also the two who didn't ask a bunch of stupid, angled questions that were inappropriate. And I would say they are both stand-up guys but that would totally mess up their reps. So I won't say that. :cool:

Yeah...he likes to lay traps...the bastard (just don't tell him I told you that). ;)

Gunny
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM

$10? I love you?

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I'll tell you one thing I've found out from posting on the internet in the last few years.

There are a LOT of super secret bad ass ex military folks out there posting on the net. I don't mean Marines or guys who have went through Ranger school, I mean full on fucking ninjas.:laugh:

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah...he likes to lay traps...the bastard (just don't tell him I told you that). ;)

K. I won't tell if you won't.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
$10? I love you?

Uh huh.

You just wanna play with the chainsaw. 2796

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I'll tell you one thing I've found out from posting on the internet in the last few years.

There are a LOT of super secret bad ass ex military folks out there posting on the net. I don't mean Marines or guys who have went through Ranger school, I mean full on fucking ninjas.:laugh:

Hey! I have a pink and purple polka dot belt so you'd best back off, CH! Don't make me whip out the K-Y-dooey that I learned when I was in the double super duper secret service.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey! I have a pink and purple polka dot belt so you'd best back off, CH! Don't make me whip out the K-Y-dooey that I learned when I was in the double super duper secret service.

I was on my Hog fan message board the other day and got in a heated argument with some guy ( if you can imagine that) and he just out of the blue posts that he's a sensei in krav magra and would whip my ass. Now , if you don't know what Krav Magra is it's a special fighting techniqu used by mostly the Mossad. It's not exactly a common martial art. AND they don't call their teachers senseis, that is an Asian term. LOL

He offered to meet me to prove how bad ass he is, one of the other members who knows me in real life posted to him that he probably ought just shut up and hope I forget he exists. LOL

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't "get" online threats, no matter who is making them. If I gotta prove something to somebody who doesn't know me, will never meet me and I give that person my time and energy - I got some issues I gotta work out myself before trying to straighten anyone else out. Just my opinion.

Shadow
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't get lying to people on a dating site for reals. I've never used one got married before they were the IN thing, but I am assuming that meeting the person you are talking to is the end game, ,so what purpose does lying serve? I could sort of see the less scrupuolous among us lying on a message board where one isn't going to ever meet the people they are lying to ( I say sort of because although I don't get the rationale, I at least see that actually being found out is pretty unlikely) but if you tell a woman you're 6'5" solid muscle and have a full head of hair, she MIGHT notice when you show up and you're only 5'8" fat and bald LOL

I always figured posting online was the one place you could let it all hang out (good and bad) and not have to censor yourself. So,when people are all secretive and stuff I find that kind of odd. It's also funny that groups of people fall into the same popularity contests online that they do IRL too...people I guess have a need to be liked.

I have a theory about why people lie about their looks online...especially women (who tend to do it more than men)....but it would take awhile to explain. Mainly...to control the flow of the conversations though.

Gunny
11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Uh huh.

You just wanna play with the chainsaw. 2796

S'cuse me? I've bought you more tools than you started out with. wench.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I always figured posting online was the one place you could let it all hang out (good and bad) and not have to censor yourself. So,when people are all secretive and stuff I find that kind of odd. It's also funny that groups of people fall into the same popularity contests online that they do IRL too...people I guess have a need to be liked.

I have a theory about why people lie about their looks online...especially women (who tend to do it more than men)....but it would take awhile to explain. Mainly...to control the flow of the conversations though.

Because men and women are looking for a fantasy person. And attention.

Example: A guy online asks me what I look like. I say "average". Dark hair, dark eyes, average.

If he's just interested in hanging out, goofing off on the board in a casual, friendly way, he says "cool" and moves on.

If he's looking to hook up with his fantasy chick, he doesn't ever talk to me again. No loss for me, cuz I know what he was about then, right?

Women do the same. If ConHog gives them some "average, blah, blah" description - they give him the bum's rush and never speak to him again. If he's honest ... they're still just friends cuz he's a married man. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
11-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Being on OKcupid myself, I can honestly say that people lying isn't the number one concern I've seen. Oh no, it's gotta be the people throwing down horrific grammar, coming across as legitimately insane, or just not saying anything at all.

Then, apparently, the guys on the site will send the women emails that amount to, "Wut up?", or "I like you. We should hook up." I swear to God, I feel more and more on that site like I should start off with an apologize on the behalf of all the decent guys on the site.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
S'cuse me? I've bought you more tools than you started out with. wench.

Yes, but you don't let me play with all the 'lectrician tools. Meanie.

And lest we forget - I let you drive the old Exploder, sweetheart. You have to get me lots of tools to equal THAT pleasure.

Gunny
11-30-2011, 11:34 PM

And lest we forget - I let you drive the old Exploder, sweetheart. You have to get me lots of tools to equal THAT pleasure.

The 'lectrician tools are above your skill level.

Shadow
11-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Example: A guy online asks me what I look like. I say "average". Dark hair, dark eyes, average.

If he's just interested in hanging out, goofing off on the board in a casual, friendly way, he says "cool" and moves on.

If he's looking to hook up with his fantasy chick, he doesn't ever talk to me again. No loss for me, cuz I know what he was about then, right?

Women do the same. If ConHog gives them some "average, blah, blah" description - they give him the bum's rush and never speak to him again. If he's honest ... they're still just friends cuz he's a married man. :laugh:

Women...online play the same sexual games they do in real life. Online...they lure the men in with the sex talk,sexy pics...make them think they can get a little lucky. That way the men won't challenge them in debates and may even back them up when they go after other people (or at least look the other way).

Ever notice all the disclaimers before they start posting a contrary opinion to certain women? Suckers.

I haven't noticed it so much with the men. I just notice when they are manly and speak their mind no matter what...Or just whipped guppies.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
The 'lectrician tools are above your skill level.

Really? I can change light bulbs, hook up all the electronics and replaced the lamp in my turn signal on the truck. That's a good start for somebody who don't know what they're doin'.

And I can carry a life to term and give birth. Try that sometime, Jarhead. :cool:

Shadow
11-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Being on OKcupid myself, I can honestly say that people lying isn't the number one concern I've seen. Oh no, it's gotta be the people throwing down horrific grammar, coming across as legitimately insane, or just not saying anything at all.

Then, apparently, the guys on the site will send the women emails that amount to, "Wut up?", or "I like you. We should hook up." I swear to God, I feel more and more on that site like I should start off with an apologize on the behalf of all the decent guys on the site.

One of the things that used to get on my nerves when reading posts (and it's usually the same people over and over who do it too). You would click on a post and they would either just post a smilie (or a string of stupid smilies)...or something stupid like "I don't know what I think about that". In my mind I'm thinking...then shut up. :laugh:

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Women...online play the same sexual games they do in real life. Online...they lure the men in with the sex talk,sexy pics...make them think they can get a little lucky. That way the men won't challenge them in debates and may even back them up when the go after other people (or at least look the other way).

Ever notice all the disclaimers before they start posting a contrary opinion to certain women? Suckers.

I haven't noticed it so much with the men. I just notice when they are manly and speak their mind no matter what...Or just whipped guppies.

I guess. I was raised and have lived my life being "one of the guys". I don't want a guy that I can tell what to do --- although SOMETIMES it might be nice. :laugh:

Edit to my previous post:
If he's just interested in hanging out, goofing off on the board in a casual, friendly way, he says "cool" and moves on. Meaning, he says "cool" and I just get to be friends and goof off with him. No pressure, no muss, no fuss. Those guys are the best! Lumpy 1 and LoveMonkey are like that. ConHog would be ok if he hadn't told us he's built like a Greek god and packing a weapon of equine proportions.

There are times when the online friendships get messed up because one takes things more seriously than the other intended. Yes, I may flirt with you. No, that doesn't mean I'm going to leave the person I'm with to be with you. It's just like a bar, without the risk of DUIs, VDs but the very good chance of contracting carpal tunnel syndrome. IMO. :cool:

Shadow
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I guess. I was raised and have lived my life being "one of the guys". I don't want a guy that I can tell what to do --- although SOMETIMES it might be nice. :laugh:

Edit to my previous post: Meaning, he says "cool" and I just get to be friends and goof off with him. No pressure, no muss, no fuss. Those guys are the best! Lumpy 1 and LoveMonkey are like that. ConHog would be ok if he hadn't told us he's built like a Greek god and packing a weapon of equine proportions.

There are times when the online friendships get messed up because one takes things more seriously than the other intended. Yes, I may flirt with you. No, that doesn't mean I'm going to leave the person I'm with to be with you. It's just like a bar, without the risk of DUIs, VDs but the very good chance of contracting carpal tunnel syndrome. IMO. :cool:

I don't want a guy I can just boss around either...I like the back and forth banter...but, I also want them to be themselves (warts and all). I can take any amount of ribbing dished without getting offended. So, I don't really need someone to be gentle my feelings (of course I don't want to deal with abusive a-holes either).

I guess MB's do kind of remind me of bars. Although until I was accidentially drawn into the personal side of one...I didn't really pay much attention to it all (or have offline relationships with a lot of posters) It was just something I looked at and read to relax or see what people were thinking about certain issues in the news.

SassyLady
12-01-2011, 01:14 AM

Totally agree with you on this one. Besides, my life is complicated and exciting enough without lies.

SassyLady
12-01-2011, 01:20 AM

Love your rabbit!

CSM
12-01-2011, 07:25 AM
I ams what I ams and thats all that I ams. Never saw much point in lying online or anywhere else for that matter. Even more so now that I am an old guy and pretty much done trying to impress people. I take what I read here with a grain of salt but if you stick around long enough you can tell who is a straight shooter and who likes to troll and who is just plain idiotic. Will I ever meet anyone who posts here? Probably not but there are some I would love to have a face to face conversation with while having a steak or something. I imagine a soire with Gunny, Conhog, DMP, Dillo, and a few others would be a pretty interesting evening! As for the ladies, it doesn't matter much to me what they may look like; the ones I would enjoy talking to seem intelligent, articulate and down to earth and that's what counts most with me. Good looks are secondary.

By the way, I'm that fat old guy you see sitting in the corner that has more money than God, smarter than Einstein and invented EVERYTHING!

Jess
12-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Love your rabbit!

He's one of my all-time faves. :cool:

Jess
12-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I ams what I ams and thats all that I ams. Never saw much point in lying online or anywhere else for that matter. Even more so now that I am an old guy and pretty much done trying to impress people. I take what I read here with a grain of salt but if you stick around long enough you can tell who is a straight shooter and who likes to troll and who is just plain idiotic. Will I ever meet anyone who posts here? Probably not but there are some I would love to have a face to face conversation with while having a steak or something. I imagine a soire with Gunny, Conhog, DMP, Dillo, and a few others would be a pretty interesting evening! As for the ladies, it doesn't matter much to me what they may look like; the ones I would enjoy talking to seem intelligent, articulate and down to earth and that's what counts most with me. Good looks are secondary.

Gunny and Dillo(ducky) are indeed good guys and interesting to sit and have a steak with. I don't know about the others. They haven't bought me a steak yet. ;)

By the way, I'm that fat old guy you see sitting in the corner that has more money than God, smarter than Einstein and invented EVERYTHING!

Let's see ... I like older men, fat is subjective, what would I do with more money than God?, y'all ALL think you're smarter than Einstein and if you invented EVERYTHING ... Al Gore is gonna sue you cuz he invented the internet. :laugh:

CSM
12-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Gunny and Dillo(ducky) are indeed good guys and interesting to sit and have a steak with. I don't know about the others. They haven't bought me a steak yet. ;)

Let's see ... I like older men, fat is subjective, what would I do with more money than God?, y'all ALL think you're smarter than Einstein and if you invented EVERYTHING ... Al Gore is gonna sue you cuz he invented the internet. :laugh:

I invented Al Gore cuz I needed a "bad example". as for being "fat" you are right, it is subjective as is being "old" but I thought this thread was about telling lies.

Jess
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I invented Al Gore cuz I needed a "bad example". as for being "fat" you are right, it is subjective as is being "old" but I thought this thread was about telling lies.

Oh, my bad.

I'm a 19yr old nymphette with Daddy issues. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
One of the things that used to get on my nerves when reading posts (and it's usually the same people over and over who do it too). You would click on a post and they would either just post a smilie (or a string of stupid smilies)...or something stupid like "I don't know what I think about that". In my mind I'm thinking...then shut up. :laugh:

lol, yeah, but sometimes there's worse, like this:

Heyyyy!!! My name is Colleen I'm 24, wrk, Take care of my son n have fun when needed!!!!! umm I really don't know how to explain myself besides u really have to get to know me to understand meee....
but the basics, I'm very out spoken, I smoke, drink n party occasionally "depending on the week " lol!!! but I love to drive with now where to go....... ummm... I guess I would be one of those people who are down for just about n e thing, I'm a calm easy going on the move type of person!!!!! I FUCKIN HATE LIARS THIEVES CHEATERS N LOW LIFES!!!!!!! what happen to real people????? But anyways,,,,,, I love music, I listen to just about everything!! I like fishing, camping, late night walks. My friends tell me I'm crazzzyyyyy!!!! But there always laughing.... I like to seee people laugh n be happy!!!!! I come out with the most random shit!!!!
Right now I'm living with my best friend n my son, we curently have 2 cats, 2 snakes, 2 dogs, a turtle, n fish!!!!! I have a little zooo lol but my son is my world!!!!! I love to cook but can't bake for shit!!! I'm a little unorganized from time to time!!!!!
Ummmmm,,,,,,,,, I guess why I'm on here is because I'm getting tired of the bar scene n people not being who they say they are!!! I'm tired of beng lied to n used!!!! I'm looking for somebodies or someone to share time n get to know each other n share likes n dislikes!!!! Dating is a possiblity but not sertin ok hold on let me refraze this ummm I'm one that if it happens it happens!!!!!
Sooooooooooooo!!!!!! If ur not one of them, an interested message meee!!!

Yeah, I don't care what she looks like, this one has all three strikes: 1)Horrific grammar, 2)Coming across as batshit crazy, and 3) Not actually saying anything despite all the text. Even what she does say is so generic as to be pointless.

Shadow
12-01-2011, 09:50 PM
lol, yeah, but sometimes there's worse, like this:

Yeah, I don't care what she looks like, this one has all three strikes: 1)Horrific grammar, 2)Coming across as batshit crazy, and 3) Not actually saying anything despite all the text. Even what she does say is so generic as to be pointless.

Yeah...well three items on that list are kinda questionable to me right off the bat. :laugh2:

I'm very out spoken = Bossy/Control freak

I smoke, drink n party occasionally "depending on the week " lol!!! = You will be holding her hair back as she pukes a lot more than she lets on or bailing her out of jail. That " lol!!!!" Is a dead giveaway.

I come out with the most random shit!!!! = Watch out for major mood swings and flying booze bottles.

Shadow
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM

And if you are really lucky...Dillo will give you some popcorn jellybeans (which are the bomb diggity). I'd better stop giving all his secrets away though...or he's going to start boxing my ears ;)

DragonStryk72
12-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah...well three items on that list are kinda questionable to me right off the bat. :laugh2:

I'm very out spoken = Bossy/Control freak

I smoke, drink n party occasionally "depending on the week " lol!!! = You will be holding her hair back as she pukes a lot more than she lets on or bailing her out of jail. That " lol!!!!" Is a dead giveaway.

I come out with the most random shit!!!! = Watch out for major mood swings and flying booze bottles.

Like I said, batshit crazy

Dilloduck
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
And if you are really lucky...Dillo will give you some popcorn jellybeans (which are the bomb diggity). I'd better stop giving all his secrets away though...or he's going to start boxing my ears ;)

you bitch :slap:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Nobody that works with Darcilious is lazy. It's not allowed.

No shit. I'd have liked to have had her in my platoon. I could do some total guy embarrassment with her.:laugh:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:12 AM

Well .... she DOES have a cool truck ...

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:23 AM

And that's worked out S-O-O-O well for you.:laugh:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:25 AM

Oh sure. The seat with no springs ... the deaded out suspension and that lovely aroma of transmission fluid intermingled with exhaust fumes. Who could forget?

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Really? I can change light bulbs, hook up all the electronics and replaced the lamp in my turn signal on the truck. That's a good start for somebody who don't know what they're doin'.

And I can carry a life to term and give birth. Try that sometime, Jarhead. :cool:

Uh huh. You carry for 9 months. Daddy carries it for at least 3 years. Try THAT sometime, civilian.

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:28 AM

Edit to my previous post: Meaning, he says "cool" and I just get to be friends and goof off with him. No pressure, no muss, no fuss. Those guys are the best! Lumpy 1 and LoveMonkey are like that. ConHog would be ok if he hadn't told us he's built like a Greek god and packing a weapon of equine proportions.

Luck with THAT.

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:32 AM

Uh huh. And if they DO buy that steak ... it better be TWO of them.

And I WILL give props to Dillo. He did.

CSM
12-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Uh huh. And if they DO buy that steak ... it better be TWO of them.

And I WILL give props to Dillo. He did.

LOL ... with the group I listed plus a few others, we'll just go kill our own steak for free!

Gunny
12-02-2011, 07:12 AM
LOL ... with the group I listed plus a few others, we'll just go kill our own steak for free!

Heh ... we can go "hunting" on Jess's father's farm ......

CSM
12-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Heh ... we can go "hunting" on Jess's father's farm ......

What kind of cattl ... er .... animals does he raise? Not that I am all that fussy. Meat is meat afterall. My sons and I have an annual tradition in that we have one night a year we call "Pagan Meat Night" where we cook huge quantities of meat (ribs, steak, chicken and just about any other kind of meat you can think of). No veggies allowed (except corn on the cob ... I don't know why that is the exception), no "special sauces" or spices (salt and pepper is ok) and beverages of choice in quantity of choice. We all sit around the fire and each must tell one story, sing one song and ask one "philosophical" question to discuss. No tv, no radio, no iPod or any of that crap.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2011, 09:55 AM
What kind of cattl ... er .... animals does he raise? Not that I am all that fussy. Meat is meat afterall. My sons and I have an annual tradition in that we have one night a year we call "Pagan Meat Night" where we cook huge quantities of meat (ribs, steak, chicken and just about any other kind of meat you can think of). No veggies allowed (except corn on the cob ... I don't know why that is the exception), no "special sauces" or spices (salt and pepper is ok) and beverages of choice in quantity of choice. We all sit around the fire and each must tell one story, sing one song and ask one "philosophical" question to discuss. No tv, no radio, no iPod or any of that crap.

I don't eat meat, but this sounds like a really fun night.

Gunny
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM

No veggies allowed? That precludes ConHog's participation.:laugh:

CSM
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
No veggies allowed? That precludes ConHog's participation.:laugh:

I suppose we could make an exception and let him eat grass, pinecones and assorted tree bark.

Jess
12-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Uh huh. You carry for 9 months. Daddy carries it for at least 3 years. Try THAT sometime, civilian.

Daddy carries it my butt. Not sure what world you're living in but it sure wasn't mine.

Mommy carried for 9 months, then for the next 3 as well.

CSM
12-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't eat meat, but this sounds like a really fun night.

I suppose you could have a Pagan Veggie Night but that just doesn't sound right. I didn't mention it but there are no woomens or kids either; we save those kind of times for the usual family gatherings of which there are many throughout the year. My wife wants to try something like that with herself and I and the boys and their wives but I suspect it just wont be the same. I even bet she would get upset about spearing a steak on a stick and holding it over a roaring fire. She'd be saying "you have to put some kind of seasoning on that and of course you have to have a salad of or something to go with it" .... she'd probably go hysterical seeing me and the boys wiping grease on our sleeves. Of course, with beverages of any type of any quantity, I bet she wouldn't sidle up to a tree to take a leak either, all the while debating the finer points of " if there is an afterlife how come nobody comes back to tell us how great it is?"

Abbey Marie
12-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I suppose you could have a Pagan Veggie Night but that just doesn't sound right. I didn't mention it but there are no woomens or kids either; we save those kind of times for the usual family gatherings of which there are many throughout the year. My wife wants to try something like that with herself and I and the boys and their wives but I suspect it just wont be the same. I even bet she would get upset about spearing a steak on a stick and holding it over a roaring fire. She'd be saying "you have to put some kind of seasoning on that and of course you have to have a salad of or something to go with it" .... she'd probably go hysterical seeing me and the boys wiping grease on our sleeves. Of course, with beverages of any type of any quantity, I bet she wouldn't sidle up to a tree to take a leak either, all the while debating the finer points of " if there is an afterlife how come nobody comes back to tell us how great it is?"

No doubt women would change the whole atmosphere of the night, and you all need your guy-time. I wish we women could have simple fun times like this, but we do tend to complicate things unnecessarily, lol. Women's stories would tend to be about how little Johnny learned to walk faster than anyone else's kid, and half the women would pick at their food saying they "weren't hungry".

On the plus side, the camp site would be very clean. ;)

CSM
12-02-2011, 10:37 AM
No doubt women would change the whole atmosphere of the night, and you all need your guy-time. I wish we women could have simple fun times like this, but we do tend to complicate things unecessarily, lol. Women's stories would tend to be about how little Johnny learned to walk faster than anyone else's kid, and half the women would pick at their food saying they "weren't hungry".

On the plus side, the camp site would be very clean. ;)

All true! Usually Pagan Meat Night is on our annual guy camping trip. Had to delay it this year as two of the boys didn't get back from the desert until Sept. but it was still awesome. The cool thing is no subject is off limits (we talk about everything you can imagine!) and no hard feelings. Everything stays at Pagan Meat Night when the night is over. You take what you want from it (emotionally, physically, etc) and leave the rest. makes for a GREAT relationship between my sons and myself. I have never seen siblings so close to each other.