PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones don't swim!

jimnyc
11-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I use my cell as my alarm clock. So I generally charge it at night and then bring it to bed with me. Night before last, while walking in the dark to my bed, I dropped the phone. What's that *kerplunk* noise you hear when something falls in the water?

Well, I keep a small bowl of water in my room at all times for my dogs. What are the odds? Yep, dead center. Yanked it out and immediately pulled the battery, put in front of a heater, and then let it sit in a bowl of rice all night after that. Of course none of those home remedy shit ideas work, and my phone has been sent to "Cell Cemetery".

AT&T insurance was cool, as it covers liquid damage, and they sent me a new phone that I received late this afternoon already. Since my phone is a "dumb phone" (Samsung Propel A767), they don't make it anymore, so they sent me a Samsung Evergreen A667. They both suck. But at least it makes calls and I can text, all I wanted.

But I "want" a smart phone, to help make me smarter - but I don't need or want a fucking data plan!! No $20 data plan and up then you can't get a smart phone. Each phone REQUIRES a data plan.

:fu: AT&T and "Smart Phones" and data plans! :laugh2:

Jess
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a "smarter-than-me" phone. Gunny hates it. ;)

Gunny
11-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I use my cell as my alarm clock. So I generally charge it at night and then bring it to bed with me. Night before last, while walking in the dark to my bed, I dropped the phone. What's that *kerplunk* noise you hear when something falls in the water?

Well, I keep a small bowl of water in my room at all times for my dogs. What are the odds? Yep, dead center. Yanked it out and immediately pulled the battery, put in front of a heater, and then let it sit in a bowl of rice all night after that. Of course none of those home remedy shit ideas work, and my phone has been sent to "Cell Cemetery".

AT&T insurance was cool, as it covers liquid damage, and they sent me a new phone that I received late this afternoon already. Since my phone is a "dumb phone" (Samsung Propel A767), they don't make it anymore, so they sent me a Samsung Evergreen A667. They both suck. But at least it makes calls and I can text, all I wanted.

But I "want" a smart phone, to help make me smarter - but I don't need or want a fucking data plan!! No $20 data plan and up then you can't get a smart phone. Each phone REQUIRES a data plan.

:fu: AT&T and "Smart Phones" and data plans! :laugh2:

Neither do bluetooths. Try to not forget to take it out BEFORE the dive.:smoke:

Noir
11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I gave up buying phones on contract, too expensives in the long run because of Data Plans, so i just buy them upfront. Dataplans are a curse.

Gunny
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I gave up buying phones on contract, too expensives in the long run because of Data Plans, so i just buy them upfront. Dataplans are a curse.

Who cares?

Jess
11-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Who cares?

Behave or I'm gonna tell Kathianne on you. :slap:

Gunny
11-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Behave or I'm gonna tell Kathianne on you. :slap:

Oh please ... not THAT ....:mm:

Jess
11-30-2011, 09:43 PM

Oh, I see. Gonna be Mr. Smartass? Fine.

Aaaaabbbbbeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy! Gunny's being bad.

He pulled my hair and everything. I was being good and innocent and stuff. 2792

SassyLady
12-01-2011, 01:12 AM

Do you want me to smack him up side the head?

Jess
12-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Do you want me to smack him up side the head?

If you use your hand, you'll just hurt it, the 2x4 broke when I tried that for whacking him. The cast iron skillet slowed him down a bit and got only slightly dented.

It's been rumored that shattered has a collection of really big rocks that might work ...

Noir
12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Going about it in all the wrong ways. A manly man like gunny can take all the beatings you could give him, so you go for the heart, hide his nickleback albums!

ConHog
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Neither do bluetooths. Try to not forget to take it out BEFORE the dive.:smoke:

Last summer I came home go in the backyard lots of people there kids in the pool. We're standing around visiting and I notice a kid is in trouble in the pool. Not thinking I just jumpe in to get him. Goodbye Blackberry.

Kathianne
12-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Don't get me on bad day, that is all! :coffee:

ConHog
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM

Could you send me a calender with such days marked? Thanks.:laugh:

Kathianne
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Could you send me a calender with such days marked? Thanks.:laugh:

:flameth:

logroller
12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Last summer I came home go in the backyard lots of people there kids in the pool. We're standing around visiting and I notice a kid is in trouble in the pool. Not thinking I just jumpe in to get him. Goodbye Blackberry.

I was helping set up for a huge party for a NPO fundraiser, which takes about a week to set up. Well maybe it wouldn't take a whole week, but its organized by some dedicated drinkers, so naturally libations are involved and I found that a long-neck stays upright in the cargo pocket of shorts, allowing me to use both my hands when necessary--cool trick. Later, sensing a cold-wet feeling on leg, I realized the same trick does NOT apply to cans and, interestingly enough, cargo pockets can hold a full beer's worth of liquid.... along with my blackberry. Now, maybe it was the big crack across the screen that allowed for greater drying, but aside from smelling like beer for a week-- it still worked.:beer:

shattered
12-01-2011, 08:59 PM

I'd recommend tit for tat to teach him a lesson, but well...you know... :D

shattered
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
If you use your hand, you'll just hurt it, the 2x4 broke when I tried that for whacking him. The cast iron skillet slowed him down a bit and got only slightly dented.

It's been rumored that shattered has a collection of really big rocks that might work ...

I do... They're special "dumb boy" rocks... and if that doesn't work, I have a more extensive collection of really big fucking swords (which he claims I'm too short to hoist over my head, but that'[s not true). :laugh:

Jess
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd recommend tit for tat to teach him a lesson, but well...you know... :D

I could grab him by the hairs on his chin or upper lip but apparently he's pulled a lot of girls' hair and they've retaliated in kind.:cool:

Jess
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I do... They're special "dumb boy" rocks... and if that doesn't work, I have a more extensive collection of really big fucking swords (which he claims I'm too short to hoist over my head, but that'[s not true). :laugh:

We can stand in the back of his truck to get higher than him.:thumb:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Going about it in all the wrong ways. A manly man like gunny can take all the beatings you could give him, so you go for the heart, hide his nickleback albums!

Those got pawned. I'm still here. Try again.

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:38 AM

Oh puh-lease. I dove in with my bluethooth on and ran head first into the other end of the pool. The pool suffered for that.:laugh:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:40 AM

yes ma'am ...:bow2:

Gunny
12-02-2011, 05:42 AM
We can stand in the back of his truck to get higher than him.:thumb:

Ummm ... stand in MY truck? *Ahem* ..... Only Zane gets away with that ....

shattered
12-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Ummm ... stand in MY truck? *Ahem* ..... Only Zane gets away with that ....

Bah. You'd let us get away with it. Yer a big old (and soon to be REALLY REALLY old) softie. :)

Gunny
12-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Bah. You'd let us get away with it. Yer a big old (and soon to be REALLY REALLY old) softie. :)

Yeah, you go ahead. I'll just leave the tailgate down and hit the gas.:bye1:

shattered
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Aww. Joyride. Bonus!

ConHog
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM

What sort of sissy city slicker keeps the tailgate on his truck? :dance::laugh2:

Jess
12-03-2011, 10:13 AM
What sort of sissy city slicker keeps the tailgate on his truck? :dance::laugh2:

Pfffft! We live in freakin' podunk, CH. Tailgates are for keepin' all the kids n the dawgs in.

Gunny
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM

The kind that doesn't like his shit flying out?

Or the kind that doesn't believe the fallacy that taking it off will improve gas mileage.

Gunny
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Pfffft! We live in freakin' podunk, CH. Tailgates are for keepin' all the kids n the dawgs in.

You mean those two flashing red lights doesn't constitute a "city"?

Jess
12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
You mean those two flashing red lights doesn't constitute a "city"?

It's big enough for me. Bigger than where I grew up. :laugh:

Gunny
12-03-2011, 01:19 PM
It's big enough for me. Bigger than where I grew up. :laugh:

Huh ... the USS Boxer is as big as Farmington.

Jess
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Huh ... the USS Boxer is as big as Farmington.

Gunny
12-03-2011, 01:23 PM

Someone called me a city-slicker. I guess all this f-ing corn and soy constitutes "city" huh?

Jess
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Someone called me a city-slicker. I guess all this f-ing corn and soy constitutes "city" huh?

The corn and soybeans are out. Now we just have bare fields for the snow to blow across when it hits. Yipee!

Of course, you have been living in cities a good part of your very, very, very, VERY long life. 2817

Gunny
12-03-2011, 01:28 PM
The corn and soybeans are out. Now we just have bare fields for the snow to blow across when it hits. Yipee!

Of course, you have been living in cities a good part of your very, very, very, VERY long life. 2817

Oh, like you think I haven't noticed I can see to Iowa from here?

Jess
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh, like you think I haven't noticed I can see to Iowa from here?

Wanna go to Burlington, baby? 2818

Gunny
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Wanna go to Burlington, baby? 2818

Nah. I was thinking the Airport Holiday Inn in Bloomington-Normal.

Jess
12-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Nah. I was thinking the Airport Holiday Inn in Bloomington-Normal.

Well, that's different.:cool:

We could hit the mall. See the sights, whatnot.

Gunny
12-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, that's different.:cool:

We could hit the mall. See the sights, whatnot.

Been there, done that.

shattered
12-03-2011, 11:39 PM

Methinks you're 1-2 "very"s short.. ;)