PDA

View Full Version : Occupy L.A. leaves behind 30 tons of trash

Little-Acorn
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
There's one sure way to tell whether the people in this "demonstration" were liberal or conservative.

Remind me again, how much trash was left by the various TEA Party rallies around the country?

--------------------------------------------

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/occupy-la-30-tons-of-debris-left-behind-at-city-hall-tent-city.html

Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city

November 30, 2011 | 4:32 pm

Sanitation officials said Wednesday that they expect to haul away 30 tons of debris from the Occupy L.A. encampment –- everything from clothing to heaps of garbage to oddball curiosities left behind by the protesters who lived at the City Hall tent city for two months.

Andrea Alarcon, president of the city Public Works board, said workers already have removed 25 tons of belongings from the City Hall park, all of it heading straight to a landfill. Sanitation crews also have vacuumed up about 3,000 gallons of water that had washed into a catch basin in recent days and are testing it for hazardous materials, she said.

The sheer volume of personal belongings left behind after the early morning Los Angeles Police Department raid has astonished city workers: books and CDs, luggage and boom boxes, mattresses and dining chairs, cellphones, electric razors, a small red guitar with its neck snapped –- all surrounded by dozens of collapsed and empty tents.

A steady flow of people stopped by the park Wednesday to take photos and video and watch workers in white hazmat suits rake trash into neat piles. As workers broke down tents and placed them in trash cans, Ramir Delgado, 25, snapped photos out of curiosity. "It's a shame how I see all trash around here," he said.

Delgado said he was disappointed in Occupy L.A. "You know why this is filthy and not clean is there isn't leadership," he said. A few feet away, crews in the hazmat suits raked trash of discarded protest signs, nail polish and jars of peanut butter. "This looks like pure anarchy," Delgado said, adding, “in a Hollywood way.”

Donna Spurgeon, who snapped pictures on her phone, said she was surprised by the mural in the center of the south lawn. “If you’re here to protest, don’t deface public property,” Spurgeon said. She said the aftermath looked like a “little war zone, a little ghetto.”

Gunny
11-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Occupy L.A. leaves behind 30 tons of trash
Really? Does this mean they aren't gone yet?

ConHog
11-30-2011, 09:46 PM

THey remind me of the idiots who riot when they are upset and destroy their own shit. Yeah that makes a whole lot of fucking sense.

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Are these the "shovel-ready" jobs we were told about some time ago?

Gunny
11-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Are these the "shovel-ready" jobs we were told about some time ago?

Can I get paid to shovel the shit they left behind? You KNOW I can shovel ...

Jess
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM

One would think that the ones who made the mess should be responsible for cleaning it up. But then again, perhaps if they were being truly responsible, they'd be working like the rest of us.

And yes, you can shovel with the best, dear.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:04 PM

OH? Did you also have one of those drill sergeants who enjoyed watching boots fill sand bags, only to watch another group of boots empty those same sandbags the next day?

Gunny
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
OH? Did you also have one of those drill sergeants who enjoyed watching boots fill sand bags, only to watch another group of boots empty those same sandbags the next day?

Nah. I was looking for my shovel ready job. I had a good one before Oh-blah-blah took over.

ConHog
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Nah. I was looking for my shovel ready job. I had a good one before Oh-blah-blah took over.

Obama fooled us all there. We thought he meant we wold create some shovel ready jobs. What he really meant was he would shovel some shit about creating some jobs.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:24 PM

11-30-2011, 11:26 PM
When you want to know when a movement is good versus when it's evil, you look to their fruits.

This is just another testimony that the OWS movement is not good.

Jess
11-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Obama fooled us all there. We thought he meant we wold create some shovel ready jobs. What he really meant was he would shovel some shit about creating some jobs.

Shadow
12-01-2011, 12:11 AM

He didn't fool me...I always knew he was full of shit. :laugh:

KarlMarx
12-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I guess picking up after yourself and being clean is a characteristic of the decadent bourgeoisie. The OWS movement is paving the way of true liberation through scrofula and lice.

Little-Acorn
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM

The 30 tons does not include the protestors found sleeping or passed out among the piles of trash.

That would make 40 tons.

;D

Psychoblues
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
On TV I would estimate there was several 10's of thousands of tons of trash, white trash, at the season ending Nascar race. And I heard it took a hundred person crew to clean up the more than 300 tons of trash they left behind. And the white trash just spent a few hours there and some of them used the indoor plumbing facilities. Ain't that a hoot!!

Psychoblues

jimnyc
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
On TV I would estimate there was several 10's of thousands of tons of trash, white trash, at the season ending Nascar race. And I heard it took a hundred person crew to clean up the more than 300 tons of trash they left behind. And the white trash just spent a few hours there and some of them used the indoor plumbing facilities. Ain't that a hoot!!

Psychoblues

Link for the bolded?

Kathianne
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM

Psychoblues

I'm not conceding the truth of your statement, but let's give you the gimmee. So, who is it that pays to clean up that trash?

jimnyc
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM

Psychoblues

Also, I find it funny that you continually considered yourself amongst the nascar fans, and ever since they booed at the gorilla you seem to be condemning these very same fans you are a part of.

I'm not conceding the truth of your statement, but let's give you the gimmee. So, who is it that pays to clean up that trash?

Nascar would be paying for anything or the track they are at. Not the public, that's for sure.

Kathianne
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Also, I find it funny that you continually considered yourself amongst the nascar fans, and ever since they booed at the gorilla you seem to be condemning these very same fans you are a part of.

Nascar would be paying for anything or the track they are at. Not the public, that's for sure.

;) I knew that.

ConHog
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Is he under the impression that the government comes in and cleans up private sporting arenas after events? :laugh2: