PDA

View Full Version : A few surprises (?) from Cain's 13-year-affair accuser

Little-Acorn
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
When Cain's latest accuser came forward, she said she had exchanged 60-plus messages with Herman Cain, and had the phone record to back it up. She showed the records to a FOX reporter, who apparently agreed that they clearly did.

But this article brings out something I hadn't heard: All those messages were sent within the last 30 days.

Was that mentioned in her first interviews? Maybe I missed it.

I was under the impression that, at the very least, those messages proved that she and Cain had been in contact for the 13 years she described. But now it sounds like they only prove they've been in contact for a month.

BTW, it's been several days now. If they've had the 13-year affair she described, I'm sure there will be at least a few hotel receipts, used airline tickets, restaurant bills, etc. lying around. Even a receipt from a Wal-Mart, Sears, or McDonalds in a city she says he had flown her to for one of their trysts, where she stopped to buy a hankie or get a Coke.

No one expects perfect, 100% documentation of every step she took for the last 13 years, of course. But on the other hand, is it possible that EVERY bit of physical evidence from that entire period, has been wiped clean, vanished, cleared up, gone? For a **13 year** affair, jet-setting all over the country, fancy cities, five-star hotels, exciting events, with so many cherished memories she enjoyed?

Surely, with accusations that can change the entire course of U.S. history (that's what knocking a Presidential candidate out of the race can do, especially one so high in the polls, and whose plans and agenda are so different from the "status quo"), it's not unreasonable to expect her to come up with at least a LITTLE evidence proving that she was actually in a city she claims to have met Cain in? How about a program from that Tyson/Holyfield fight? Or just one of the gifts she clams he "lavished her" with? Even one necklace or hair ribbon or iPod or mood ring or whatever? Even **one**?

No secret tapes, pregnancy tests or stained dresses necessary. Just a bit of evidence showing she (an almost-continually-destitute woman, she says) was in a few of the cities she claims, staying a few of the posh hotels she described. Even a little, would convince me that Cain was doing a lot more than just "helping her financially" as he has said.

It's been several days now. And it's not as if no one has asked her, or been interested in seeing such evidence.

Where are the pieces of evidence? Even **one**?

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/cain-accusers-phone-records-1247532.html

Cain accuser's phone records sought
At least 70 messages reportedly exchanged recently between White, Cain cellphones

By Ernie Suggs and Bill Torpy
btorpy@ajc.com
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
5:04 a.m. Thursday, December 1, 2011

Just days before coming forward with allegations of a 13-year affair with Herman Cain, Ginger White was repeatedly having contact with the presidential candidate, according to her cellphone records.

Between Oct. 22 and Nov. 18, there were 70 text messages between White’s cellphone and Cain’s cellphone. Some were as early as 4:54 a.m., and some came late into the night.

Lin Wood, Cain’s attorney, told the AJC on Wednesday that he thinks most of the messages were asking for money, which Cain has admitted to providing the Dunwoody woman who has repeatedly faced eviction. Cain has denied a physical relationship with White.

“Maintain common sense,” Wood said in an interview. “Mr. Cain was extremely busy in his campaign. He didn’t have time to send a lot of texts.”

A review of the records by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution shows Cain sent 17 text messages to White, almost always responding to messages from her.

On Wednesday, Wood sent a letter to White’s attorney, Edward Buckley, asking for her phone records to “test her credibility and motive” for coming forward to the media. Wood, in the letter, said he wanted to “ascertain whether the decision to grant interviews was politically motivated and to determine whether she has received or [been] promised money for participating.”

White, 46, first disclosed her relationship with Cain on Tuesday in an interview with Fox 5 Atlanta, where she produced months of phone records detailing 60 calls and text messages between her and Cain. White has given two more television interviews this week talking about the alleged affair, the latest coming Wednesday on national television. During an interview on “Good Morning America,” White said she knew Cain, 65, was married. She claims the retired McDonough executive lavished her with gifts and flew her around the country to meet him at places where he was speaking, or on one occasion, to Las Vegas to watch a Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield boxing match. Cain denies that trip happened.

Little-Acorn
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
She claims the retired McDonough executive [Cain] lavished her with gifts and flew her around the country to meet him at places where he was speaking, or on one occasion, to Las Vegas to watch a Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield boxing match. Cain denies that trip happened.

BTW, Tyson and Holyfield had two bouts, one in Nov. 1996 and the other in June 1997, both in Las Vegas. They were 15 years ago and 14-1/2 years ago, respectively.

The woman claims she had a 13-year affair with Cain, and that it ended very recently.

So either she can't count, or this rendezvous took place more than a year before any "affair" started.

Or, as Cain maintains, the trip never happened.

DragonStryk72
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Honestly, I never really bought this one. I mean, it came so close after the last run at someone claiming an affair with him. It just got too convenient to me.

Dilloduck
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Which politician's affairs are we talknig about again ?

Gunny
12-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Which politician's affairs are we talknig about again ?

I'm ready for a crackhead. At least they stand for something.

revelarts
12-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm not a Cain Supporter but Acorn I think your right, this doesn't smell right. I'm for giving him the benny of the doubt until there's something more substantial, but the medias ruined his campaign over this stuff, real or imagined. I hope he can keep his life in order.
I wonder if the media just got tired of half way talking about the issues of the debates and decided to juice the ratings by working the secret luv angle. Notice you've seen very little content wise other than this except that "Gingrich" is the new media darling "up in the polls".

Which political sex scandal is right, it looks like they have to play one every 3 months or so. Was the last one Weiner or something adnauseum. sheesh.