PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street Begins Hunger Strike

Shadow
12-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Demonstrators with Occupy Wall Street began a hunger strike today, demanding an outdoor space by a New York City church for a new occupation two weeks after being evicted from their encampment nearby.
Protesters said they are seeking sanctuary on a vacant lot owned by Trinity Church (http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/), which is located at the intersection of Wall Street and Broadway.
“The is a chance for Trinity to definitely decide whether they’re a church or real estate company,” protester Diego Ibanez said.
The strike will be held at Duarte Square on Sixth Avenue and Canal Street in lower Manhattan, and the protest organizers said the hunger strike would be continued in jail if demonstrators are arrested.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12/occupy-wall-street-begins-hunger-strike/

jimnyc
12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Good, everyone should let them starve to death.

Shadow
12-04-2011, 10:33 AM

That was actually my first thought as well.
:laugh:

jimnyc
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM

It's like when prisoners declare a hunger strike. It's like, guys, you're prisoners, nobody gives a fuck! But in reality, I care more about the prisoners than I do the majority of these OWS idiots. (some are decent folk)

Noir
12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
A hunger stike can be measured by how many are willing to die. It'll be interesting to see.

krisy
12-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Hmmmm,I wonder who they think cares? Do they think the people they don't like will change anything they are doing because OWS are starving themselves? These people have no clear goal by sitting around doing nothing except for hurting people that pay taxes.

I saw a funny sign an opponent to OCW had. It read "Occupy a desk,get a job"

jimnyc
12-04-2011, 10:55 AM
A hunger stike can be measured by how many are willing to die. It'll be interesting to see.

I would bet my life that not a single OWS dies, or even comes close, unless it's murder or from sharing dirty needles.

Shadow
12-04-2011, 11:03 AM
It's interesting how they think if they demand to have a vacant lot owned by Trinity Church...that the church should just hand it over out of the goodness of their heart...because well...they are a church.

krisy
12-04-2011, 11:08 AM
It's interesting how they think if they demand to have a vacant lot owned by Trinity Church...that the church should just hand it over out of the goodness of their heart...because well...they are a church.

Yes,as if the church MUST agree with them,they are Occupy Wall Street after all. Most churches won't want to get involved.

logroller
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM

My first thought was "What a bunch of pussies-- if they were truly dedicated they'd have set themselves on fire."

jimnyc
12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
My first thought was "What a bunch of pussies-- if they were truly dedicated they'd have set themselves on fire."

Only in China is "self immolation" taken seriously. If they did it at OWS, the homeless would just cook marshmallows on them!

logroller
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Only in China is "self immolation" taken seriously. If they did it at OWS, the homeless would just cook marshmallows on them!

Not just China-- a street vendor did it in Tunisia did it almost year ago-- setting off the revolution there and, ostensibly, the Arab Spring movement.

Though, given the climate: economic, political and otherwise-- the warmth of OWSers set afire shouldn't/wouldn't go to waste--

The new rally cry to the 1%-- "Gimme s'more"

fj1200
12-04-2011, 02:02 PM
They need to have the money to buy the carbon offsets before the self immolation can occur.

cadet
12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking this should be in the humor section! :laugh:

red states rule
12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c9404220111201120100.jpg