PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Try To Mug A MMA Fighter

red states rule
12-06-2011, 04:10 AM
This is a great story with a fantastic ending

http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=u0Ttb eKC9P1fFKn_y7iZes$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtLMGaztvD455S Cu7MSQLI9WCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

“Justin” is 6 feet 2, 250 pounds, with a build that looks like it could split open a suit jacket during a particularly violent sneeze.

But the mixed martial arts expert from Des Plaines insists it was his “training,” not brawn, that allowed him to wrench a loaded pistol from the hand of an alleged mugger who had the weapon pointed at his chest Friday night on the Southwest Side.

“I don’t feel like a hero,” said Justin, who did not want his last name used. “Training matters. If you’re well trained, you have a chance to survive.”

Anthony Miranda’s bruised and battered face — and Justin’s unblemished, chiseled one — leaves no doubt about who came out the victor in the encounter.

On Sunday, Miranda, a 24-year-old convicted felon, was ordered held on $350,000 bond, following a hearing at the 26th and California courthouse. He is charged with armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm in the alleged attack. Police say Miranda shot his own ankle during the struggle with the gun.

Justin, who says he hails from Romania, was happy to talk about the encounter, which he said happened around 11:30 p.m. while he was waiting in his parked car for a buddy to arrive. Justin made it clear there would no photographs taken during this interview — not even one that showed only his torso.

Justin said Miranda originally approached him and asked if he could have a light for a cigarette. Justin replied that he does not smoke. That’s when Miranda pulled out a gun and shoved it against the side of his head, Justin said.

“He asked me for my wallet, for my phone and my keys,” Justin explained. “I told him I don’t have a wallet, I only have cash. He cursed me — like ‘m-----f-----.’”

Justin said he handed over the $30 in cash he had stuffed in a his car’s cup holder, but Miranda was not satisfied, Justin said.

“At that moment, he backs up the gun and he racks it,” Justin recalled. “The gun jammed. He racked it a second time. He ejected the bullet on the ground. He went down and grabbed the bullet and said, ‘Look, m-----f-----, it’s a hollow point. I’ll blow your brains out.’”

That’s when Miranda ordered him out of the car, Justin said.

Justin said he looked at the man facing him, pistol pointing at his chest, and was pretty certain he was about to take a bullet.

“I wasn’t scared because I’m trained,” Justin explained.

Justin then demonstrated to a reporter the sudden, rather effective maneuver that disarmed his attacker.

“The round went off,” Justin continued. “I put him down to the ground. He was fighting. He didn’t want to give up.”

But at the same time, Justin said: “He was begging me to let him go. He said he has a baby.”

Justin then kept his attacker collared until police arrived.

http://www.suntimes.com/9261611-417/mugger-chooses-wrong-victim-mma-fighter.html

logroller
12-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Shoulda just taken the thirty bucks; woulda saved him an ass-whippin.:cool:

red states rule
12-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Shoulda just taken the thirty bucks; woulda saved him an ass-whippin.:cool:

and the ass whippen was given to him free of charge

But I am sure some liberal will talk the thug into charging the guy with assualt and violating his "rights"

Or maybe, just maybe, the thug learned his lesson and will change his ways

Time will tell

revelarts
12-06-2011, 06:27 AM
and the ass whippen was given to him free of charge

But I am sure some liberal will talk the thug into charging the guy with assualt and violating his "rights"

The left will want all MMA people to register themselves as weapons and ban training further to everyone except the military.

12-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Well, that was stupid of him. Note to the left: This is what happens to robbers cause people dont like their money taken from them by force.

Reminds me of one of the Sensei's at my karate study. Some guys tried to mug him as he came back from a fencing class. They demanded his money so he pulls out the sword and says "You can keep whatever you can get". They backed down immediately. He goes into a store. comes back out and sees them across the street and they are like "This guy is so awesome".

Clearly, they were much smarter.

red states rule
12-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Well, that was stupid of him. Note to the left: This is what happens to robbers cause people dont like their money taken from them by force.

Reminds me of one of the Sensei's at my karate study. Some guys tried to mug him as he came back from a fencing class. They demanded his money so he pulls out the sword and says "You can keep whatever you can get". They backed down immediately. He goes into a store. comes back out and sees them across the street and they are like "This guy is so awesome".

Clearly, they were much smarter.

The punk should be happy the guy did not have a eprmit to carry. He would be at the morgue and not the county jail

But then the liberal media would have a better story on how a crazed gun nut shot shot down a cash challenged young boy like a dog

Gabby would have been happy to wrote the article