PDA

View Full Version : Reevaluating Jon Huntsman, Jr.

12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm still not decided on who I will support. I've been leaning in different directions over the course of the campaign. Every candidate has things that I like and things that I dislike. So I've told myself I am going to seriously reevaluate all the candidates still in the race.

I've been looking at Jon Huntsman Jr. again. I'm not living in a fantasy world where I believe he is an ideal conservative. Frankly, I find problems with all of the candidates on that regard. But I've been checking out the issues he is actually running on and they are far more conservative than I was expecting. Check out his issues: Jon Huntsman on the Issues: Jobs, Foreign Policy, & More | Huntsman 2012 (http://jon2012.com/issues)

Now he does have a bit of an ego. And I am not honestly happy about that. But I think maybe the knee jerk rejection of him over a few statement's he has made is not the best idea.

What do you think about the issues he is running on? I'm curious.

red states rule
12-07-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm still not decided on who I will support. I've been leaning in different directions over the course of the campaign. Every candidate has things that I like and things that I dislike. So I've told myself I am going to seriously reevaluate all the candidates still in the race.

I've been looking at Jon Huntsman Jr. again. I'm not living in a fantasy world where I believe he is an ideal conservative. Frankly, I find problems with all of the candidates on that regard. But I've been checking out the issues he is actually running on and they are far more conservative than I was expecting. Check out his issues: Jon Huntsman on the Issues: Jobs, Foreign Policy, & More | Huntsman 2012 (http://jon2012.com/issues)

Now he does have a bit of an ego. And I am not honestly happy about that. But I think maybe the knee jerk rejection of him over a few statement's he has made is not the best idea.

What do you think about the issues he is running on? I'm curious.

The only bright spot in his campaign came when he stole a joke from Rush Limbaugh

Now I have read where he "clarified" his position on global warming, eh global cooling - I mean climate change. I guess he has not read the Climategate emails

Seems to be an act of desperation to me

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman clarified his position on how policymakers should deal with climate change. In a speech Tuesday at The Heritage Foundation he said, “There’s not enough information right now to be able to formulate policies.”

Even if there were a consensus that there is global warming, and it’s man-made, then the United States might still choose not to take unilateral action, he added.

Premature political action, he noted, could jeopardize economic recovery for a potentially ineffectual attempt to tackle the issue. “The scientific community owes us more,” Huntsman, also a former U.S. ambassador to China, told a group assembled for the weekly Bloggers Briefing at Heritage.

Absent such information, Huntsman said he would not “unilaterally disarm our economy or our job creators.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/06/huntsman-on-second-thought-im-kinda-sorta-undecided-about-global-warming/