PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Hood Work Place Violence? Huh?

Kathianne
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Unreal. Only in US:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/#ixzz1ftGMg9oV

Lawmakers Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'
Published December 07, 2011 | FoxNews.com

http://tags.bluekai.com/site/668

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.

During a joint session of the Senate and House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, the Maine Republican referenced a letter from the Defense Department depicting the Fort Hood shootings as workplace violence. She criticized the Obama administration for failing to identify the threat as radical Islam.

Thirteen people were killed and dozens more wounded at Fort Hood in 2009, and the number of alleged plots targeting the military has grown significantly since then. Lawmakers said there have been 33 plots against the U.S. military since Sept. 11, 2001, and 70 percent of those threats have been since mid-2009. Major Nidal Hasan, a former Army psychiatrist, who is being held for the attacks, allegedly was inspired by radical U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in late September. The two men exchanged as many as 20 emails, according to U.S. officials, and Awlaki declared Hasan a hero.

The chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, Connecticut independent Sen. Joe Lieberman (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/joe-lieberman.htm#r_src=ramp), said the military has become a "direct target of violent Islamist extremism" within the United States.

"The stark reality is that the American service member is increasingly in the terrorists' scope and not just overseas in a traditional war setting," Lieberman told Fox News before the start of Wednesday's hearing.
In June, two men allegedly plotted to attack a Seattle, Wash., military installation using guns and grenades. In July, Army Pvt. Naser Abdo was accused of planning a second attack on Fort Hood. And in November, New York police arrested Jose Pimentel, who alleged sought to kill service members returning from Iraq (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iraq.htm#r_src=ramp) and Afghanistan (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp).
Both Pimentel and Abdo also allegedly drew inspiration from al-Awlaki and the online jihadist magazine Inspire, which includes a spread on how to "Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/print#ixzz1ftTC6b6W.

Gunny
12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Let me guess .. the dumb bitch is a Dem ....

ConHog
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Let me guess .. the dumb bitch is a Dem ....

I think you misread , the woman blasted the Defense Department themselves for calling the incident workplace violence.

Gunny
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I think you misread , the woman blasted the Defense Department themselves for calling the incident workplace violence.

Gee really? The military's violent? WHo'd of thunk THAT?

ConHog
12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Gee really? The military's violent? WHo'd of thunk THAT?

True, but there report downplayed , read completely ignored, the terrorist aspect of the incident and made it seem like just a disgruntled employee. That is what set her off.

Kathianne
12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
True, but there report downplayed , read completely ignored, the terrorist aspect of the incident and made it seem like just a disgruntled employee. That is what set her off.

Thank God we have you to interpret news articles for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

ConHog
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank God we have you to interpret news articles for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Thank the good Lord I have you to flame me. I mean it's very weak flame, but I was feeling left out .

Kathianne
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank the good Lord I have you to flame me. I mean it's very weak flame, but I was feeling left out .

Not a flame, an observation. You think we're all your inferiors. Truth is, you're a legend only in your own mind.

Clue: The last sentence is a flame.

ConHog
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Not a flame, an observation. You think we're all your inferiors. Truth is, you're a legend only in your own mind.

Kath, you can ask Gunny about the veracity of this statement. If I thought you were my inferior, I would say so. You wouldn't have to THINK I consider you to be my inferior.

Kathianne
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Kath, you can ask Gunny about the veracity of this statement. If I thought you were my inferior, I would say so. You wouldn't have to THINK I consider you to be my inferior.

CH, by your own post, you assumed Gunny didn't understand the issue that was being brought to attention. If you assumed he did, there would be no need to explain.

Perhaps you just feel a need to post on every thread? If that's the case, excuse me. Your voice though is going to be interpreted.

Gunny
12-08-2011, 08:30 AM
The point here is quite simple. We got murdering, scum-sucking Islamic terrorists in our own ranks. The fact is, as the left has proven and is on a doozy of a job proving now, the freedom of a democratic society is its own worst enemy because it protects the weak and allows them to not only survive, but flourish and control.

Every great empire in the history of the world has fallen at the hands of the weak.

And CH, we aren't going to agree re: your argument with Kath. Yes, I skimmed the article. However, I'm not going for that lightning rod for controversy Congress person's "violence in the workplace" crap. I do know how to read and comprehend without an interpreter.

I'm all for blaming "PC" and the left. In this case, you have to decide which is more important ... freedom or security? The more of one you have, the less you have of the other. It's that whole polar opposites thing.

red states rule
12-12-2011, 05:21 AM

Kat, it is very hard for people like CH who have such superior intelligence to talk in more simple terms so we, the unelightened ones, will understand. I am sure CH struggles every day having to educate the hinks of the world that post on this board, and we should show more gratitude that he is willing to take time from his busy day to assist us

Perhaps that is why CH is not in elected office. It would be even more difficult for him to publicly talk to the unwashed masses that share his world. He is more comfortable giving his lectures online

So please, show him a little respect

But just a little

BTW, the last two comments were flames

revelarts
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
The point here is quite simple. We got murdering, scum-sucking Islamic terrorists in our own ranks. The fact is, as the left has proven and is on a doozy of a job proving now, the freedom of a democratic society is its own worst enemy because it protects the weak and allows them to not only survive, but flourish and control.

Every great empire in the history of the world has fallen at the hands of the weak.

And CH, we aren't going to agree re: your argument with Kath. Yes, I skimmed the article. However, I'm not going for that lightning rod for controversy Congress person's "violence in the workplace" crap. I do know how to read and comprehend without an interpreter.

I'm all for blaming "PC" and the left. In this case, you have to decide which is more important ... freedom or security? The more of one you have, the less you have of the other. It's that whole polar opposites thing.
Here's another Neg rep candidate.

Well a least you admit America is an Empire. that's at least honest. But i thought the goal of the founders was to create a free country founded on liberty. not founded on safety. and not an empire. If the empire overseas crumbles we might not be a "super power" but I'd rather not live in some shame safe police state where i have to worry about the cop or military bashing my kids teeth in becuase I "look" suspicious. and drive through check points etc.. I've never heard of one compleltely safe place on earth Gunny, America never was and never will be. no matter how strong and manly the leaders are. Killin all the injuns is never the right thing to do and they'll always be some horrible boggie-man around the corner ready to google us up even if you do manage to kill-all the current crop.

And I didn't know that freedom and safety were "polar opposites" if that's true then prisons should be the safest places on earth.

Gunny
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Here's another Neg rep candidate.

Well a least you admit America is an Empire. that's at least honest. But i thought the goal of the founders was to create a free country founded on liberty. not founded on safety. and not an empire. If the empire overseas crumbles we might not be a "super power" but I'd rather not live in some shame safe police state where i have to worry about the cop or military bashing my kids teeth in becuase I "look" suspicious. and drive through check points etc.. I've never heard of one compleltely safe place on earth Gunny, America never was and never will be. no matter how strong and manly the leaders are. Killin all the injuns is never the right thing to do and they'll always be some horrible boggie-man around the corner ready to google us up even if you do manage to kill-all the current crop.

And I didn't know that freedom and safety were "polar opposites" if that's true then prisons should be the safest places on earth.

I got plenty of pos rep, Einstein. Guess what? Most people that appreciate the fact that freedom isn't free don't agree with your dreamworld semantics. Try playing them on someone else. Your kindergarten word games ain't playing here. Not to mention you aren't listening.

There IS no one, safe place on Earth? Guess why? Because people like you make impossible for those who care to make it so. You're so busy trying to make crap "your idea of" perfect, you can't see the forest for the trees. Yeah, we killed injuns. Romans killed Christians. Christians killed Islamics. Buffalo hunters killed buffalo. Get over the history of the world and quit being such a Jimmy Carter pussy living in his own dreamworld of absolute bullshit and lack of reality. We have seen the enemy and he is us. Look in the mirror.

And knock yourself out, big boy ... neg rep me. Big f-ing deal. That's all you got? You sure ain't got no game when it comes to politics or war. I'm sure I'll cry all f-ing night over it.

ConHog
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I got plenty of pos rep, Einstein. Guess what? Most people that appreciate the fact that freedom isn't free don't agree with your dreamworld semantics. Try playing them on someone else. Your kindergarten word games ain't playing here. Not to mention you aren't listening.

There IS no one, safe place on Earth? Guess why? Because people like you make impossible for those who care to make it so. You're so busy trying to make crap "your idea of" perfect, you can't see the forest for the trees. Yeah, we killed injuns. Romans killed Christians. Christians killed Islamics. Buffalo hunters killed buffalo. Get over the history of the world and quit being such a Jimmy Carter pussy living in his own dreamworld of absolute bullshit and lack of reality. We have seen the enemy and he is us. Look in the mirror.

And knock yourself out, big boy ... neg rep me. Big f-ing deal. That's all you got? You sure ain't got no game when it comes to politics or war. I'm sure I'll cry all f-ing night over it.

He threatened me with his bad neg rep earlier to LOL. As if that matters a winks . Let's see his neg rep feed him when the world falls apart and we got all the guns.:laugh:

revelarts
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM

"Saying freedom isn't free" is a lot different than saying "freedom is the Polar opposite of safety". your the one that's making assertions with words here. If your point is wrong, then it's wrong, Cussing and even shooting me won't make it make sense. "Freedom isn't free" does make sense though, but "..polar opposites" doesn't. But it really looks like your idea of freedom is more like Darwin's idea, Survival of the fittest, not really freedom and liberty for all or.. All men are created equal and endowed by their creator with inalienable rights etc...
No, what i get from you is more like might makes right.

ConHog
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM
"Saying freedom isn't free" is a lot different than saying "freedom is the Polar opposite of safety". your the one that's making assertions with words here. If your point is wrong, then it's wrong, Cussing and even shooting me won't make it make sense. "Freedom isn't free" does make sense though, but "..polar opposites" doesn't. But it really looks like your idea of freedom is more like Darwin's idea, Survival of the fittest, not really freedom and liberty for all or.. All men are created equal and endowed by their creator with inalienable rights etc...

Psst

By All men are created equal, the founders meant all meant have equal freedom to be equal. So just for example if we're going to go to war and you bring a knife and I bring a gun then are we really equal? LOL

Gunny
12-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Oh, excuse me ... does my vernacular insult you? Wah. You're not as smart as you think, and ANYTIME you want an English lesson, let me know. Anytime you want a lesson in semantics, let me know. Anytime you want a class in relativism, let me know. I was trained by the best during the 70's. Only I was smart enough to reject it as BS. You apparently, are a dumbass sheep.

My idea of freedom is "leave me alone or I'll open a can of whoop-ass on you", and "where my freedom begins, YOUR precious "freedom" ends". Only mine is based in the reality of mankind and history. Yours is based on a bunch of froot-loop idealism from the movie "Billy Jack".

red states rule
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
I wonder how the Obama regime would classify the murders if a white Christian was the one running aorund shooting people while yelling "In the name of the Holy Father"?

Anyone want to bet it would be called a terror attack by those damn insane gun loving, Tea Party supporting, Rush Limbaugh listening, Fox News watching, pro life nuts?

That would be the lead throughout the liberal media wriiten by the WH stenograoher pool (i.e. Obama re-election staff in news rooms across Amercia)